What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k me are you really that stupid? That was obviously a rhetorical question because everyone here knows the answer. It's all relative, it's not as simple as comparing one code to the other because they're all far from the same. From the reports i've been reading for example, the majority of AFL clubs have made a decent (sometimes ridiculously high in the millions) profit this year while most of our clubs have run at a loss or at least near loss.

Now how the f**k can you make comparisons on cap parity when their clubs are making money and ours aren't? Where the hell do you expect this extra money to come from? Maybe when we get the tv rights we deserve there'll be the money there to lift the cap but until then it is what it is and clubs can't pull the extra money out of their arse especially when they're struggling to make a profit. Remember it wasn't so long ago that your club was financially dead in the water halfwit .
3rd party sponsors. And your point about the NRL being a cash strapped league makes it even more ridiculous and illogical that they'd give the middle finger to sponsors who are trying to put money into the game and keep a player here. And we're not the only club who has the ability to pick up the phones and get onto businesses and try to get them into the game (phone lines do extend into the sutherland shire and newcastle don't they?). Just because other clubs are too f**king clueless to do that doesn't mean we should be held back.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Without reading back through the pages, has Russell made any apologies for being a loudmouth yet?

kbw

Bench
I think our players should get what they're worth and we shouldn't be limiting their earnings because we want clubs like Cronulla to stay competitive.

I agree with that but really worry that junior/country RL will be the ones to suffer, I also think that the fans should not continue to pay more and more every year.
The RL market is not an endless bucket of money, except maybe for a couple of clubs that have a solid backing of rich businessmen.

Evenflow

Bench
And your point about the NRL being a cash strapped league makes it even more ridiculous and illogical that they'd give the middle finger to sponsors who are trying to put money into the game and keep a player here.

So do i have this right that you're saying the league should turn a blind eye to the rules and regulations, not to mention giving preference to the elite players over all the others just to keep them in the game? You're obviously a deciple of Russell and his world where money might talk all languages in Hollywood but it certainly doesn't here knackers.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So do i have this right that you're saying the league should turn a blind eye to the rules and regulations, not to mention giving preference to the elite players over all the others just to keep them in the game? You're obviously a deciple of Russell and his world where money might talk all languages in Hollywood but it certainly doesn't here knackers.
It's not about preferenceing stars over other players. It's not taking away money from the other players, GI being allowed to have these 3rd party deals wouldn't have taken a cent from any of the "average" players. 3rd party deals are about bringing new money into the NRL (which everyone can see needs the money), not about dividing up the little money we do have already. If the rules and regulations were properly applied and that is the reason this deal was blocked, the rules and regulations need to be urgently changed for the good of the game.

cleary89

Coach
Lol at people should be earning 1 mil. No body in league is worth that.

How about raising the minimum from 55k. Thats more important than some guy with the size of inglis' gut to be earning a mil a year.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree with that but really worry that junior/country RL will be the ones to suffer, I also think that the fans should not continue to pay more and more every year.
The RL market is not an endless bucket of money, except maybe for a couple of clubs that have a solid backing of rich businessmen.

Yeah that's a good point.

Still, if the money is there to keep our marquee players, why would you ignore it? We should be looking to keep our guys like Hayne and Inglis, not turning our noses on them when they say they could earn more elsewhere.

Heck, we should be staying true to our roots and looking to attract Union players like Cooper instead of laying in fear of them cherry picking our best athletes.

macavity

Referee
I think our players should get what they're worth and we shouldn't be limiting their earnings because we want clubs like Cronulla to stay competitive.

The game is what is important - not the primadonnas.

Viable clubs and competitive games are what make our game strong, not the primadonnas.

If the choice is between maintaining the integrity of our game, and losing a man of such little integrity, let him go.

cleary89

Coach
Or as said, put the money into kids or country rl, not all this money so some fat merkin can continue to sit out wide and eat more maccas

Big Pete

Referee
The game is what is important - not the primadonnas.

Viable clubs and competitive games are what make our game strong, not the primadonnas.

If the choice is between maintaining the integrity of our game, and losing a man of such little integrity, let him go.

Yeah let's keep losing all the talented players during their prime, it's really going to help expand the game. :thumn

And all these guys are prima donnas because they want to earn what they're worth?

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
It's not taking away money from the other players, GI being allowed to have these 3rd party deals wouldn't have taken a cent from any of the "average" players.

Way to miss the point.....yet again. The issue isn't with him being allowed 3rd party deal, it's about the 3rd party deals that were put to him and to coerce him to to the club before he actually signed, hence being classed as guaranteed by the club which is the illegal part of this whole thing.

Now i know you're going to come out and naively, geniusly and just plain stupidly say as we've come to expect from you that it was all above board and the said 3rd parties have "signed stat decs so it must be trooo!" But the NRL obviously know a sh*t load more about this than all of us hence why they're not allowing this illegal deal to go through.

Now we all know you're ridiculously stupid but even you couldn't possiblybelieve that Inglis walked away from his Bronco's contract risking all those hundreds of thousands of dollars on the off chance that he just might and not be guaranteed to secure the same amount or even more in 3rd party deals? Idiot :lol:

Evenflow

Bench
Yeah let's keep losing all the talented players during their prime, it's really going to help expand the game. :thumn

And all these guys are prima donnas because they want to earn what they're worth?

Do you not see the irony that if Inglis had've honored the contract he agreed to with you club there'd be absolutely no talk of him leaving the game? He's put himself in this situation by renegging on his original contract so he has nobody but himself to blame by facing the prospect of having to leave the league.

Or are you saying that you think the contract your club offered him was illegal as well and he had no other choice but to walk away from it?

Danish

Referee
Yeah because I'm sure he went around asking other players what they were earning.

Do you really think he is such a borderline genius that jealously understand that signing multiple contracts and receiving hundreds of thousands worth of boats, cash and other gifts wasn't suss?

He was on $680k FFS. Only a complete idiot with a lobotomy wouldn't catch on

Big Pete

Referee
Do you not see the irony that if Inglis had've honored the contract he agreed to with you club there'd be absolutely no talk of him leaving the game? He's put himself in this situation by renegging on his original contract so he has nobody but himself to blame by facing the prospect of having to leave the league.

Or are you saying that you think the contract your club offered him was illegal as well and he had no other choice but to walk away from it?

Definitely do, which does leave me a little giddy.

On the other hand, I'm not even sure if the Broncos would've been able to of cleared their contract with Inglis, at least without a number of 3rd party deals being included.

Really though, none of this would of been happening had the Storm club deliberately cheated the cap. That's the big tragedy for mine, Inglis should've been a one club player.

Big Pete

Referee
Do you really think he is such a borderline genius that jealously understand that signing multiple contracts and receiving hundreds of thousands worth of boats, cash and other gifts wasn't suss?

He was on $680k FFS. Only a complete idiot with a lobotomy wouldn't catch on

Inglis would not of been the first player in the game to sign multiple contracts or be on a huge sum of money.

You've got to remember the Storm were losing players all over the place and were lead to believe the likes of Cronk weren't on much (which to be honest isn't that unbelievable).

Ulysseus

Bench

It could be argued that the bat fastard's best days are behind him Pete.
I'll agree with others, no one player, especially not one with such a chequered recent history and involvement in THAT scandal, is worth shedding this many tears over.

Ulysseus

Bench
Inglis would not of been the first player in the game to sign multiple contracts or be on a huge sum of money.

You've got to remember the Storm were losing players all over the place and were lead to believe the likes of Cronk weren't on much (which to be honest isn't that unbelievable).

Wasn't Cronk named in "The 13"?

Status
Not open for further replies.