What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Plus there was no Gasnier in a Saints jersey at training nor was there a club official going on TV to announce the deal before it had been ratified by the NRL.

The whole Gasnier proposal was checked and cross checked and sent back and forth to get it right. It took ages before any official announcement was made. I recall people complaining that it was dragging on too long, and to get on with the announcement. We can now see why complex deals like this take time to lock down.

The Inglis saga is a perfect example why it is important to make sure everything is covered before anyone starts shooting of at the mouth.

i saw Peter Doust on Oprah jumping up on a couch ranting and raving about it

bottle

Coach
actually both saints and broncos had to increase the appraisals under the cap. gasnier had to be bumped up 50k or so and the broncos had to include inglis legal bill udner the cap before it was green lighted
Mate wasting your time. This Imbo's not interested in facts, just ranting.

Mr Saab

Referee
LOL @ Soufffffffffffs. I hope they sign him and lose Lowe, Crocker, Asotasi and Champion in the process

Big Pete

Referee
Also happened with us when we tried to sign on Mullins for another year after 2002.

We wanted to sign him on match payments and the NRL wouldn't allow it.

Yep, remember hearing that too.

Pretty silly really, I'm sure if something sus was going on you'd back the auditor to find out.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If I was any of the souths players rumoured to be on the outer so that the club can secure the signature of this grub I would be absolutely filthy right now.
You'd get "absolutely filthy" on unconfirmed rumours? Mate, footy players are in the headlines all the time, a lot of it is BS, they know better than to get worked up over rumours.
Fancy sacrificing players who have been loyal, hardworking and commited to the club for a grub who reneged on a handshake deal, was knowingly rorting the salary cap for years and cant even play for the state he was born, bred and played his junior football in. (Thank F... on the last point anyway)
We have been plenty loyal to players. Like giving Ben Ross a contract after his neck injury. And we wouldn't take it personally if a player left us for bigger money, that's business, so players shouldn't take it personally if they get asked to leave because the club believes that's in the clubs best interest. That's business.

Let this scumbag leave the NRL all together, reminds me of show me the money Sonny, sadly but I think even SBW has more between his ears than this bloke, not by much though mind you !
And if you haven't already, you lose all your credibility here. Inglis has done nothing wrong, he went out of his way to stay in league and didn't chase the bigger money in other countries and other codes.
Perhaps your anger is better directed towards those responsible for calculating you had money to sign Inglis!
If the NRL knew what it was doing we would have had the money in the first place.
The NRL have obviously deemed otherwise on the Gringlis deal
The NRL routinely make idiotic decisions. Being all for it because it's not bad for your club is stupid. Given their track record, they deserve to be second guessed.
souffs fans - if you doubt the integrity of our salary cap auditor, why not email your concerns to the NRL?
He already is unaccountable with no oversight. He doesn't bother talking to media to ever explain his decisions, an email wouldn't do anything.
surely we'll see greg in the blue and yellow next season?
I'd be gutted if he's not a rabbitoh in 2011. But if he isn't i still hope he goes to the Eels before another code or country. (Maybe that's evidence for you all that I'm not upset about this situation just because it hurts my club, but because it hurts the entire game).
A couple of real doozies from rugby league administrators this week...

Abandon the junior rugby league representative program in Canberra while AFL begins throwing millions at their junior development here.

Annoy and possibly lose desperately needed sponsors.

Make one of the best players and biggest crowd pullers have second thoughts about staying in our game.

Have I missed any others?
Seems like a routine week for the geniuses in NRL head office.
As I posted in the other thread, why is a health organisation funded by NSW taxpayers giving up its cash to a bloke who walked out on NSW to play for Qld even though he is a born and bred New South Welshman And if he is so keen on working for a not for profit organisation he believes in why won't he offer his services free or charge instead of taking public money to do it?
Because a health organisation has bigger priorities than the NSW-QLD state of origin rivalry. He was told months ago if he came to play for any NSW club they'd be interested in working with him. And the NRL has got it in their head that they somehow made him play for Souths.
Jason I think that Souffs fans are the only ones who really give two hoots if he leaves or not.

this makes inglis think twice about league? again, he had an approved deal but reneged. he asked for a release from melb to live in qld with his fiance, which is obviously not going to be the case. had he asked for a release perhaps other clubs earlier in the year would have been able to make a play for him (penrith were rumoured to have the cash). trying to stitch together a deal a few months before the end of the eyar which involves a number of 3rd party deals isnt smart

given what happened in melb this was ALWAYS going to be one of the most scrutinised deals in league history, soufs thought they had some dodgy way of getting him under the cap despite richardson saying "we have no money" a few weeks earlier and have been found out.

*awaits the racism card*
It wasn't approved you fool.

And who is playing the racism card? The NRL has a history of making terrible decisions, they are far too stupid to only make bad decisions based on race.
Fail. That wasn't a DT article.
Here's a little hint for you, so you can recognise the legit from the illegitimate.

If it's a "3rd party deal" organised by the club, it's not legit. If it's a "3rd party deal" that is forwarded to the club and not the manager of the player, it's not legit. If the "3rd party deal" is used to entice a player to play for a particular club, it's not legit.

The rules are remarkably easy to understand, really.
The rules need to be changed so this never happens again. Legitimate sponsors were putting legitimate money into the game. And the NRL through it's incompetence told them to f**k off.
when the deals are set up by the rabbitohs, conditional on him playing there, then clearly it should be held under the cap.

when the deals are unaffiliated with the club for paid 3rd party WORK outside football and set up by the player's manager, perhaps after the player is established at a club, then there it can be approved

If not, then in 2012, the queensland origin team will be playing for the broncos, all of whom will be appearing in one NRMA insurance ad where they get paid $1million each.
The health organisation that was one of the 3rd party deals has gone on record saying it spoke to him months before he was ever even linked to Souths. Inglis wants to work in that field after he retires. To say they only gave him that deal to play for Souths is beyond stupid. Yet another (of many) example of NRL incompetence.

And noone is saying the 3rd party deals shouldn't be for real work. Of course they said, as Inglis's were, that's not the part of the rules I (or anyone else) have a problem with.

Big Pete

Referee
I read the first couple but after awhile I got the point.

Re: Every post Bunniesman makes is a defence of South Sydney and he'll resort to any length to defend them - even if it makes him look incredibly naive and desperate.

There has been a bit of talk around the the Knights might be keen on someone like Asotasi if he became available. But I was talking to some blokes from the Knights this morning and they said that if Chris Houston comes back, and he almost certainly will, they won't be able (or even willing) to sign anyone else. And they definitely want him back.

gerg

Juniors
And if you haven't already, you lose all your credibility here. Inglis has done nothing wrong, he went out of his way to stay in league and didn't chase the bigger money in other countries and other codes.

:lol: you actually serious? Can you just check my summary below please?

You are talking about one of the big four cheats who didn't give a sh*t about his team mates who were on match payments so he could earn a bucketload (or paperbag) of cheating money with a speed boat thrown in. His previous club kept him out of jail or a real chance at jail time and then he refused to pay his legal fees because the legal team he was provided with was too expensive (read - bloody good legal team). He then tells that club that he wants a release on compassionate grounds to be with his partner (now wife apparently) because she had a job in Brisbane and he wanted to be with her. He backed out of a handshake agreement because neither party (broncos/storm) could agree on who should be paying his legal fee's. He wasn't going to pay for the costs out of his own pocket even though he, personally, had been cheating the cap and he committed the crime.

Okay so he has been involved in cheating the cap for the past four years and now souths are complaining about the scrutiny the deal is receiving.

Oh my heart goes out to that poor angel named Inglis.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Am I the only one that doesn't bother reading BunniesMan posts?

I read the first couple but after awhile I got the point.

Re: Every post Bunniesman makes is a defence of South Sydney and he'll resort to any length to defend them - even if it makes him look incredibly naive and desperate.
Like the bit where I said if we don't get him I still want him to go to the Eels before another code. My argument on this whole situation hasn't just been from a pro-souths pov.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol: you actually serious? Can you just check my summary below please?

You are talking about one of the big four cheats who didn't give a sh*t about his team mates who were on match payments so he could earn a bucketload (or paperbag) of cheating money with a speed boat thrown in. His previous club kept him out of jail or a real chance at jail time and then he refused to pay his legal fees because the legal team he was provided with was too expensive (read - bloody good legal team). He then tells that club that he wants a release on compassionate grounds to be with his partner (now wife apparently) because she had a job in Brisbane and he wanted to be with her. He backed out of a handshake agreement because neither party (broncos/storm) could agree on who should be paying his legal fee's. He wasn't going to pay for the costs out of his own pocket even though he, personally, had been cheating the cap and he committed the crime.

Okay so he has been involved in cheating the cap for the past four years and now souths are complaining about the scrutiny the deal is receiving.

Oh my heart goes out to that poor angel named Inglis.
Lol at your hypocrisy. You whinge about him forcing players to go on match payments then you whinge about him leaving (when he didn't have to) so even more players didn't have to get cut. Once he and his fiance (and now wife) had the same innocent story he was never going to jail. Any solicitor could have made that happen, even Toadie from Neighbours. And why should Inglis have to pay the entire bill when the first point of the lawyers job description was "protect the Storms brand and image". Get over yourself, your ridiculous Inglis hate is illogical.

drake

First Grade
Bunniesman, fighting the good fight against logic, morals and consistency!

And the entire forum it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.