What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Seeing as whoever it is, they don't have to leave, I doubt they'd have gone through the trouble of changing clubs if they weren't going to get a bonus.

I don't believe that, unless Souths offered to pay out part of their contract. Souths aren't the ones with the bargaining power here, if they're desperate to offload a player like they are, then it's the other club with the bargaining power and they'll just be taking his contract off your hands if that's what's going to happen.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What is there to be gained by Inglis playing for Essendon?? More members, No More sponsorship, No More media coverage, No.
Yes, him going to a foundation Melbourne club isn't the same as Folau and Hunt going to brand new clubs in hostile territory. But the AFL doesn't care. They have more money than they need atm. The AFL has budgeted giving the Suns 200m dollars worth of marketing over the next 10+ years. 20 mill a year as a marketing budget is so far off the scales it's ridiculous. But that's the kind of money you have when you negotiate a good tv rights deal. So throwing a few hundred k at Inglis for "marketing" is nothing for them. It would do nothing more than stroke Demetriou's ego, but they have the money to spend a few hundred k stroking his ego.

If he doesn't go the NRL will have Souths to thank and Inglis's LACK of greed for not letting the AFL win another battle.

Canard

Immortal
f**k me , suddenly Souths are practically saving the game and should be given some sort of Nobel prize.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't believe that, unless Souths offered to pay out part of their contract. Souths aren't the ones with the bargaining power here, if they're desperate to offload a player like they are, then it's the other club with the bargaining power and they'll just be taking his contract off your hands if that's what's going to happen.
I'm not talking about bargaining power. I'm talking about the individual player, he doesn't have to leave, his agent negotiating with the Sharks (or Storm, or whoever it may be) if he's any good will let them know that, and they'll know they won't get any big discount.

Souths can't force the player to go, so I don't see him going if he wasn't going to get at least a bit of bonus. And from what I've heard the Sharks are used to paying overs to get anyone of significance down there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just release Isaac Luke and you will be able to do it. :D
:D:D:D That would solve a lot of problems. Except for the minor problem where Luke is really really really good AND young. Luke, Burgess and Taylor would have been the only players we wouldn't give away for Inglis.

cb4

First Grade
Plus the storm rumours, we just need 1 of them to come true and Inglis is a Rabbitoh. No thanks to the NRL.

Although, the Sharks? Bloody hell, I pity the bloke. Hope he's on good money.
could possibly be a second player as well

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not talking about bargaining power. I'm talking about the individual player, he doesn't have to leave, his agent negotiating with the Sharks (or Storm, or whoever it may be) if he's any good will let them know that, and they'll know they won't get any big discount.

Souths can't force the player to go, so I don't see him going if he wasn't going to get at least a bit of bonus. And from what I've heard the Sharks are used to paying overs to get anyone of significance down there.

No club would pay overs for those players if they didn't have to. They know Souths situation and that if that player wants more money they can say too bad, that's where Souths come in and say ok, we'll keep paying part a little bit of their contract. Other clubs management aren't as stupid yours you know. Who of significance are you offloading anyway? All I've heard are Champion, Lowe, and Crocker, none of which are anyone significant.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No club would pay overs for those players if they didn't have to. They know Souths situation and that if that player wants more money they can say too bad, that's where Souths come in and say ok, we'll keep paying part a little bit of their contract. Other clubs management aren't as stupid yours you know. Who of significance are you offloading anyway? All I've heard are Champion, Lowe, and Crocker, none of which are anyone significant.
Lowe was 18th man for Queensland. This year he had borderline origin form (in a very very very strong origin team).

ThePeach

Juniors
Who do you guys reckon it would be to the Sharks? I'd have money on Champion or Lowe. Croker wouldn't come to the Sharks and we already bought 1 overrated injury prone 30 year old back rower this off-season.

roboshark

Coach

you have an issue with the sharks dont you...dickhead

how did you feel when your mob werent in the comp..now the shoe is on the other foot ( or you would like it to be)

you are a hypocrite as others have mentioned in here...no wonder everyone despises the rabbitohs

ThePeach

Juniors
jeremy smith, over rated... you idiot...

its beau champion rumoured

Haha, I was waiting for a bite on that one.

For what it's worth I think Smith is actually under rated, but my butthurt Dragons fan friend thinks the goons will be better off without Smith next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.