What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Odds on inglis doing a choc and leaving the country on an airplane, coming back and taking up boxing?
Possibly. But instead of a lollypop at his press conference it will be a turkey leg and instead of boxing it will be sumo.

grouch

First Grade
His metamorphosis into Owen Craigie is almost complete.

2703leaguerabbits.jpg

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hopefully GI stays in the NRL. Wherever he goes i just want to see him play Fullback.

Liddell

Juniors
I love how worked up some people get. He goes from the one of the best players in the world to fat and lazy soon as Souths look like signing him.

thorson1987

Coach
You knoe what would be funny about all of this.

If Melbourne turned around and did not give him a release.

We only agreed to release him to either Brisbane of GC on compassionate grounds so he could be with the missus.

I am sure it has been said that we can still fit him under the cap somehow.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I love how worked up some people get. He goes from the one of the best players in the world to fat and lazy soon as Souths look like signing him.

People have been calling Inglis fat and lazy for the last couple of seasons. Souths signing him has nothing to do with it. Drop the victim mentality, the worlds a lot nicer without it.

macavity

Referee
His metamorphosis into Owen Craigie is almost complete.

2703leaguerabbits.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Why are we persisting with this sham of a salary cap?

The likes of Brisbane, Canterbury, Souths and Easts can sign whoever they want whenever they want anyway, tis a farce.

I mean fair dinkum, giving someone a charity job, but only if he signs with your favourite team? How charitable.....

boxhead

First Grade
What's funny is that Rusty himself said "we have no money under the cap" a few months ago.

Great backflip genius.

boonboon

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...d/58360/nrl-salary-cap-explained/default.aspx
What about money paid from other people or companies?
The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap.
Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player.

The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2010, the top 10 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum extra $50,000 each from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $150,000 per club.

So according to this if forrest is only paying the money to get him to Souths then it should be required to be counted under the cap

haha

Juniors
People might call him fat and lazy but who on here is going to put thier hand up and say that he is a crap footballer?

Do any forum posters think he is not one of the top 17 players in the nrl?

So is it fair to say by working on the fat and lazy theory, whoever signs GI is signing a player that can be improved?

macavity

Referee
People might call him fat and lazy but who on here is going to put thier hand up and say that he is a crap footballer?

Do any forum posters think he is not one of the top 17 players in the nrl?

So is it fair to say by working on the fat and lazy theory, whoever signs GI is signing a player that can be improved?

Love him to play for my club.

I would still boo him, but I would do it happily.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You knoe what would be funny about all of this.

If Melbourne turned around and did not give him a release.

We only agreed to release him to either Brisbane of GC on compassionate grounds so he could be with the missus.

I am sure it has been said that we can still fit him under the cap somehow.
Yeah that is funny. Melbourne and GI have bad blood now. They don't like each other, and GI will never play for the Storm again, which was a possibility before they backstabbed him. And the Storm hate him aswell, why would they want to sack multiple first graders to fit him in when they're pissed at him as well.

You released him because you relased him, the compassionate ground was window dressing. And you could fit him in by sacking 3 solid first graders and replacing them with nobodies. Your CEO has said while he's surprised the Broncos move isn't happening, he has no problem with GI going to Souths, as long as the legal bill is paid, which it will be, at Souths.

this can't be. Rusty doesn't believe in chequebook rugby league and buying premierships
Rusty believes in winning. Rusty believes in returning his beloved club to its rightful position on top of the NRL. In whatever (legal) way it takes. From unsurpassed offield management, to developing some of the best juniors in the country to bringing in talent from other teams when the right people come along, such as GI and Dave Taylor.

It's funny. I love the haters. "Haters gonna hate" as they say, the people with nothing good to say see the writing on the wall and feel threatened. Because it's red and green time.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
i'm more interested in the reports mundine will pay inglis' legal bills, this would still have to come under the cap and again raises issues of people outside the club providing financial incentives for players....

unfortunately the whole things turned into a farce, someone should tell inglis that bowraville is in NSW as is redfern

Souths will replace the Dragons as the NRL's pet team. Ever since Russell had Gallop stay at his place at Nana Glen and they got all friendly you could see this sort of thing happening.

Liddell

Juniors
People have been calling Inglis fat and lazy for the last couple of seasons. Souths signing him has nothing to do with it. Drop the victim mentality, the worlds a lot nicer without it.

Dont get me wrong, it doesnt bother me the slightest. Like i said i love how worked up everyone gets. Its a game FFS. Its just funny that it seems like most of them either dont like souths or dont like what Inglis does to NSW every year at Origin time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts