What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Souths wont even make the 8......

Pretty sad how you have to buy a million players to make your team competitive

Of our full-strength starting 17 next season we will only have 5 genuine imports in Inglis, Burgess, Taylor, Asotasi and Ross. Luke Stuart and Scott Geddes have been at the club for 10 years and Geddes made his first grade debut with us anyhow. That stacks up pretty well against most clubs in the competition I'd imagine. Of our squad of 33 only 8 didn't make their first grade debut at the club or come through our system. Again, I think that would stack up well against any club.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
What about Wesser and Crocker?

It depends if they play. I've counted both in the squad of 33, but I believe/hope that Inglis will play in the 1 for us, and means no room for Rhys. As for Crocker, he played 6 games last season and about as many in 2009, so I'm not banking on him being in the 17 very often. The bloke is broken. At worst it would be 7 out of 17, which I still don't think is too bad.

Dave Q

Coach
All youse Souths haters just keep moving, just keep walking under the bridge..... while I piss on you, you f**ktard mental cases.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hey Dave...how embarrassing is it gonna be when even star recruit Big Game doesn't stop the annual round 1 flogging from Easts...

adamkungl

Immortal
And Souths winning round 1 of 2007?

Perhaps the meaning of annual is lost on you

2006 roosters
2005 roosters
2004 roosters
2003 didnt play souffs in round 1
2002 roosters
2001 roos...wait, never mind :lol:
2000 :lol:

anyway....i was talking to dave :fist:

Liddell

Juniors
Dugan will be great at the back for you guys..oh hang on a sec..

Ferguson maybe? Oh that didnt happen either...

Seriously though, should be a cracker. Going by the last few years, one team always catches the other off guard but i cant see that happening next year, unless the old one marker trick gets pulled out again.

hellteam

First Grade
Well when you say it like that, of course it's going to sound bad. "once in 3 years" sounds much much much less worse. And I can talk like that because this is the most talented team Souths has put together in decades, it has the potential to go all the way. Now it's just a matter of fulfilling that potential.

The last couple of years even as the team has gotten better on paper it's almost felt like the players themselves didn't have the self belief that they could have success. I'm hoping a player like Inglis walking into the dressing room who has known nothing but success, and all the talk in the papers of the bookies having us as one of the top teams drills into their heads that they can and should do good.

Hayne is a good player too, now if the Eels could put better players around him (and get Mortimer to play the way he did when he started out) Hayne would be even better.

Well it's actually been once in four years... and in that same 4 years, every single other team in the comp has made the finals at least once.

Souths and the Cowboys are the only teams not to have made the 8 in the last three years.

I can't see where the cockyness comes from. You talk about being 2nd in attack, but no one looks at that table at the end of the year.

BranVan3000

Coach
2006 roosters
2005 roosters
2004 roosters
2003 didnt play souffs in round 1
2002 roosters
2001 roos...wait, never mind :lol:
2000 :lol:

anyway....i was talking to dave :fist:
So basically you have to agree any such trend is broken, that or you just don't know what annual means :cool:

kickback

Juniors
As a Broncos fan i was shocked when I first heard about him stitching us up, but now since I have had time to think about it I'm really pleased that we never gave into his terms and as a club and a team I think this will make us alot stronger. We have heaps of cash free now to sign young talent who want to play for the team and don't have a guy who thinks he is bigger than the game.

Generalzod

Immortal
Souths supporters are hypocrites if it was announced that the roosters had signed Inglis just imagine the outcry from Souths supporters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts