What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The first thing you have said that makes sense
:cool:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

But I'm not a broken clock, I'm more like a futuristic kind of clock that noone understands yet but one day people will be like "O i get it now, it's all starting to make sense. Bunniesman = genius.".

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh the irony of you saying Hayne is money grabbing.

At least he's worth it ;)
Inglis isn't money grabbing. 600k a year is about what Brisbane would have given him and it's definetley no more (and maybe even less) than what he could have got from the Eels. And Inglis is easily worth 600k. In October when he's got the Clive Churchill medal around his neck and he's carrying the trophy on our victory lap, you'll realise it. If he wasn't worth the money why were the Eels keen to get him.

Fein

First Grade
Oh the irony of you saying Hayne is money grabbing.

At least he's worth it ;)

Both are worth it Sarah, Fien is a dragons fan playing games.

But hey, they've got Gasnier so I guess we both "lose". :lol::lol:

hellteam

First Grade
Inglis isn't money grabbing. 600k a year is about what Brisbane would have given him and it's definetley no more (and maybe even less) than what he could have got from the Eels. And Inglis is easily worth 600k. In October when he's got the Clive Churchill medal around his neck and he's carrying the trophy on our victory lap, you'll realise it. If he wasn't worth the money why were the Eels keen to get him.

Mate, how do you talk like that? You support Souths. They've been in the finals once in 20 years.

sarahk

Juniors

Haha bm I know he's a good player I was just retaliating to Hayne bashing. And you're right any club would have had to pay big money for him ... Though I don't agree with the Clive churchill medal part ( I'm hoping one of our players is holding it up )

Fien

Juniors
That's very kind of your team to offer to help with carrying the silverware, but it's really something that the Bunnies will want to keep to just themselves.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Mate, how do you talk like that? You support Souths. They've been in the finals once in 20 years.
Well when you say it like that, of course it's going to sound bad. "once in 3 years" sounds much much much less worse. And I can talk like that because this is the most talented team Souths has put together in decades, it has the potential to go all the way. Now it's just a matter of fulfilling that potential.

The last couple of years even as the team has gotten better on paper it's almost felt like the players themselves didn't have the self belief that they could have success. I'm hoping a player like Inglis walking into the dressing room who has known nothing but success, and all the talk in the papers of the bookies having us as one of the top teams drills into their heads that they can and should do good.

Haha bm I know he's a good player I was just retaliating to Hayne bashing. And you're right any club would have had to pay big money for him ... Though I don't agree with the Clive churchill medal part ( I'm hoping one of our players is holding it up )
Hayne is a good player too, now if the Eels could put better players around him (and get Mortimer to play the way he did when he started out) Hayne would be even better.

Bicey_18

Bench
Souths wont even make the 8......

Pretty sad how you have to buy a million players to make your team competitive

Eels Dude

Coach
Well seeing as we are paying him 2 million dollars to play football instead of being a rocket scientist, I'm glad he has his priorities right. All we want him to do is play big for us. And when he goes home after each game he can play with his tonka trucks as much as he likes.

So I guess Souths are also paying for his live in carer and a personal assistant so he's able to make it to training every day. I wonder if this is allowed under the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts