What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I have it on very good authority that when Inglis first went to talk with Souths and brought his parents, his parents were the one sitting at the table with his manager and doing all the negotiating, while Greg sat in the corner playing with his Tonka trucks and his model speedboat.

When it came time to sign, they got a crayon for Inglis to sign with. He got the 'e' in Greg back to front, then when it got to his last name he scribbled the whole lot out and just scrawled 'BIG GAME PLAY FOR SOUFFS!' below the dotted line, all in capitals, with a drawing of a stick figure holding a football.

I bet Joey Johns or the rest of the Newcastle squad would never get the 'e' around the wrong way. Pretty hard to do when it is imprinted on your brain.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Grand Final tally 2010:

Mark Gasnier - 1
Greg Inglis - 0

Grand Final tally 2011:

Mark Gasnier - 1, possibly 2
Greg Inglis - 0

BunniesMan

Immortal
As a Broncos fan i was shocked when I first heard about him stitching us up, but now since I have had time to think about it I'm really pleased that we never gave into his terms and as a club and a team I think this will make us alot stronger. We have heaps of cash free now to sign young talent who want to play for the team and don't have a guy who thinks he is bigger than the game.
What the hell are you talking about? What terms? Since he walked away from you guys your CEO has said he was willing to pay the bills, we're not paying his bills. If anything your team's offer by itself was better than ours, he just preferred to be with us. So how about we don't do any revisionist history here where somehow your team wasn't on it's knees for 6 months begging him to come and only withdrew the offer when it was clear he wasn't interested.
Grand Final tally 2010:

Mark Gasnier - 1
Greg Inglis - 0

Grand Final tally 2011:

Mark Gasnier - 1, possibly 2

Greg Inglis - 0
No.

The Business

Juniors
Coming from the RO$TER$

How in gods name did a wooden spoon club, in the headlines for a coach being drunk beating down someones door, star player sh*tting in a hotel room...jake friend......on and on.... get the first 5 games on free to air.....
What does this have to do with Souths and their hypocrisy?

To all you jealous pee-brains who think we aren't shedding any players use are kidding yourselves.

Luke Capewell did not re-sign and he was a player of tremendous ability on a top flight salary.

And plus it is obvious to anyone that GI was just gagging at the chance to play behind the best pack in the NRL not to make the finals this season.

Use haters watch in 2011 we may just be pushing for a spot somewhere between 9th-12th.

BunniesMan

Immortal
To all you jealous pee-brains who think we aren't shedding any players use are kidding yourselves.

Luke Capewell did not re-sign and he was a player of tremendous ability on a top flight salary.

And plus it is obvious to anyone that GI was just gagging at the chance to play behind the best pack in the NRL not to make the finals this season.

Use haters watch in 2011 we may just be pushing for a spot somewhere between 9th-12th.
:crazy:

wittyfan

Referee
Wasn't Capewell released due to salary cap concerns? Does that mean Capewell is worth more than Inglis? :?

The Business

Juniors

Who's the pea brain?

Evenflow

Bench
I'm hoping a player like Inglis walking into the dressing room who has known nothing but success, and all the talk in the papers of the bookies having us as one of the top teams drills into their heads that they can and should do good.

I'm not sure what's funnier or more ridiculously stupid, a deluded f**kwit that can even contemplate that one bloke who's known nothing but success can walk into a dressing room in front of a team that for the vast majority of them has had f**k all success for years on end can actually make them a contender :lol: Or........

In October when he's got the Clive Churchill medal around his neck and he's carrying the trophy on our victory lap, you'll realise it.

Though I don't agree with the Clive churchill medal part ( I'm hoping one of our players is holding it up )

the same deluded Rabbitoh's f**kwit and equally deleuded Eels fan who actually contemplate that either of their players could or will win a CC medal next season :lol::lol::lol:

sarahk

Juniors
I'm not sure what's funnier or more ridiculously stupid, a deluded f**kwit that can even contemplate that one bloke who's known nothing but success can walk into a dressing room in front of a team that for the vast majority of them has had f**k all success for years on end can actually make them a contender :lol: Or........

the same deluded Rabbitoh's f**kwit and equally deleuded Eels fan who actually contemplate that either of their players could or will win a CC medal next season :lol::lol::lol:

Haha be fair..... Were not equally deluded !! He said it as if it's certainly happening and I said I'm hoping it will happen :p

BunniesMan

Immortal

This is one of the posts I'll quote in October.

BranVan3000

Coach
Inglis didn't go to Brisbane because they were going to cheat to fit him in their cap along with the four international players they already have. It's obvious he didn't want to be in that situation again.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Come now Bunniesdude.

You made a bold statement. No each way bets after that.

Btw, I like your passion. Don't disappoint me now.
The last 3 lines of my sig. If and when it comes true I'm going to point out my genius, and when I do I'll quote a select few haters posts to make them look stupid. If there is one thing better than making yourself look smart, it's making other people look dumb while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.