What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

First Grade
Massive non-event. There's a reason this 'story' had about 8 lines on the side of one of the sports pages today. He's already training with the Rabbitohs ffs.

He'll be released soon enough.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Massive non-event. There's a reason this 'story' had about 8 lines on the side of one of the sports pages today. He's already training with the Rabbitohs ffs.

He'll be released soon enough.

he's got to do some training.. he's ballooned out to 118kg...

johns_reds

First Grade
Heard what before? If you use your head for a moment you'll realise they have no choice but to release Inglis eventually.

i'm not saying they won't release him but i thought it was a done deal, signed and released from the old contact, I must have misread the earlier news articles.

skeepe

Immortal
Heard what before? If you use your head for a moment you'll realise they have no choice but to release Inglis eventually.

But they haven't yet. As of today, he is still a Melbourne Storm-contracted player, despite all the huffing and puffing.

Bumble

First Grade
he's got to do some training.. he's ballooned out to 118kg...

True. It's not hard though. If normal people can lose 20kgs or so in 3-6 months, a guy whose job is nothing except to exercise should have no trouble

big country

Juniors
Wooden spoons is something you are accustomed to, Russel Crowe has a whole cutlery set up his arse.

Souffs – The embarrassment of the league!

yeah, we've picked up a few wooden spoons in our 100+ years, it goes with the territory....oh, and we've picked up a few premierships as well, quite a few in fact ;-)

CMUX

yeah, we've picked up a few wooden spoons in our 100+ years, it goes with the territory....oh, and we've picked up a few premierships as well, quite a few in fact ;-)

Yeah and Uruguay were once a World cup power house but in the modern era they are irrelevant.

Much like Souffs.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah and Uruguay were once a World cup power house but in the modern era they are irrelevant.

Much like Souffs.
And how many irrelevant teams make 3 of the biggest buys of the last 2 years? Including 2 of the best players in the NRL.

Godz Illa

Coach
It's definitely unfair to say Souffs are totally irrelevant. In November and February they are a real force to be reckoned with

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And how many irrelevant teams make 3 of the biggest buys of the last 2 years? Including 2 of the best players in the NRL.

cronulla...

they turned 3 australian rep players into nuffies...

oh, and then there's souths too... how's asotasi going since he joined you guys?

Dragon Dave

Bench
Come on guys, It's nice that BunniesMan is proud of 9th place. We should encourage him.

Was a great year for Souths, everyone had alot of fun and made lots of new friends.

jc155776

Coach

Soufs won a few Sydney A Grade comps.

Since it became a some what national comp they have been complete failures.

What is it, one finals appearance in 20 odd years? Seriously????

BunniesMan

Immortal
Come on guys, It's nice that BunniesMan is proud of 9th place. We should encourage him.

Was a great year for Souths, everyone had alot of fun and made lots of new friends.
I'm not proud of 9th. It was a major disappointment. And it certainly wasn't a great year for Souths.

What I am proud of is that now 9th is a disappointment, when 5 years ago it would have been a major success.
Name these 3 big buys.
Burgess, Taylor, Inglis. Already star players. And at just 21, 22 and 23 their best years are ahead of them.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So....you're proud of being disappointed?

Fair enough, if that makes it easier for you.
Basic comprehension not your strong suit is it? I clearly meant that the raised standard where 9th is considered disappointing rather than a success is what made me proud. Not the disappointment itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.