What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fien

Juniors
Since the comp expanded to more then Sydney A Grade your team has been a joke.

We are the Pride of Sydney and that is all that counts. Just because you had to merge with Illawarra to win your first premiership shows that we are the best at winning Sydney competitions.

Fein

First Grade
Since the comp expanded to more then Sydney A Grade your team has been a joke.

I don't like putting the boot in because I feel sorry for most Souths fans, but I get sick of hearing every year how great they are, have been and will be. The arrogance just makes the failure even more hilarious every year.

Haven't most?

It all comes back to pride JC, we're proud of our foundation club and all it's glorious past.

Aren't we entitled to be?

Fein

First Grade
We are the Pride of Sydney and that is all that counts. Just because you had to merge with Illawarra to win your first premiership shows that we are the best at winning Sydney competitions.

:lol:

He's a Sharks fan, dopey.

St. George had to merge with Illawarra to win their first ever Premiership? They had never won a Premiership before the joint venture?

Loudstrat

Coach
The difference between my mob, Saints and Souffs as pre-NRL Sydney champions:
Parra winning grand finals - captured in colour
Saints winning grand finals - captued in black and white
Souths wining grand finals - captured in hieroglyphics.

Fein

First Grade

You need hieroglyphics to work this sh*t out.

Nemesis

Bench
Wooden spoons is something you are accustomed to, Russel Crowe has a whole cutlery set up his arse.

Souffs – The embarrassment of the league!
Sorry but that cutley set is jointly owned by Wests Tigers and the Eels. But Russel does have a cabinet with 20 premiership trophies in and plans to bolt in trophy no 21 a milestone that your pathethic club will never achieve... not that any of your 20 season ticket holders will care.

lol@goosters the chicken sh*t irrelevancy of the league.

drake

First Grade
The 'pride of the league' is the pet project of an actor.
Some A list actors adopt children from impoverished nations, others buy impoverished football clubs.

I'd rather support the merger of two Rugby League Football clubs than Russell Crowe's latest attempt to diversify.

50uffs are to Rugby League what 30 odd foot of grunts are to music.

CMUX

I'm not proud of 9th. It was a major disappointment. And it certainly wasn't a great year for Souths.

What I am proud of is that now 9th is a disappointment, when 5 years ago it would have been a major success.

Burgess, Taylor, Inglis. Already star players. And at just 21, 22 and 23 their best years are ahead of them.

Wow you are certainly a harsh marker. Every Souffs fan should be proud of this year’s effort. It is at least 4 spots above their average finishing position over the last 20 years. It is only a flash in the pan though, normal service will resume next year.

:lol:

Sorry but that cutley set is jointly owned by Wests Tigers and the Eels. But Russel does have a cabinet with 20 premiership trophies in and plans to bolt in trophy no 21 a milestone that your pathethic club will never achieve... not that any of your 20 season ticket holders will care.

lol@goosters the chicken sh*t irrelevancy of the league.

Yeah and I plan to win the lotto this week. Both are fantasies.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
bargain of the league!

i hear that russell is keen to offload souffs... currently on ebay at the moment @ 99c, with 1 hour to go..

still no bids tho..

BunniesMan

Immortal
yup....was it a third of the price Manly sold for? A quarter? :lol: joke of the league
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
adamkungl, while I disagreed with you 99% of the time, I've never thought you were a borderline genius, until now. Souths weren't privately owned in the first place so the selling price means nothing. Whether it was $3 or $3,000,000 or $30,000,000. The important bit is how much the owners put into the club once they own it over the short, medium and long term.

Crowe and HaC have put millions upon millions into the club, giving it the best facilities in the league. Souths now have the best of everything off the field. Whatever resource they want, they have, no more looking with jealousy at other clubs. And what do Manly have? sh*t stadium, sh*t facilities. Going around begging wannabe PM's (who end up losing) to throw a few cents their way. If anything Manly is one of the poorer and less resourced teams now, and Souths is one of the richest. In a year's time will Manly have the money to chase after Bennett? No, but Souths will. Oh the irony is so sweet considering just about everything that happened from the 70s to the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.