What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Dave

Bench
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
adamkungl, while I disagreed with you 99% of the time, I've never thought you were a borderline genius, until now. Souths weren't privately owned in the first place so the selling price means nothing. Whether it was $3 or $3,000,000 or $30,000,000. The important bit is how much the owners put into the club once they own it over the short, medium and long term.

Crowe and HaC have put millions upon millions into the club, giving it the best facilities in the league. Souths now have the best of everything off the field. Whatever resource they want, they have, no more looking with jealousy at other clubs. And what do Manly have? sh*t stadium, sh*t facilities. Going around begging wannabe PM's (who end up losing) to throw a few cents their way. If anything Manly is one of the poorer and less resourced teams now, and Souths is one of the richest. In a year's time will Manly have the money to chase after Bennett? No, but Souths will. Oh the irony is so sweet considering just about everything that happened from the 70s to the 90s.

Wanna swap your training facilities for our premiership? I see the look in the Dragons players eyes when they look at their puny little premiership rings compared to your spankin' new treadmills.

Souths have great facilities, too bad they have to leave them and drive across to the other side of Sydney to play their home games.

seaeagle sam

And what do Manly have? sh*t stadium, sh*t facilities. Going around begging wannabe PM's (who end up losing) to throw a few cents their way. If anything Manly is one of the poorer and less resourced teams now, and Souths is one of the richest. In a year's time will Manly have the money to chase after Bennett? No, but Souths will. Oh the irony is so sweet considering just about everything that happened from the 70s to the 90s.

Firstly, you are an arrogant lollipoper.

At least our sh*t stadium filled with sh*t facilities is our own, not some rented place which is piss poor to watch football, has over priced food and drink and is miles away from our supporter base. No wonder you have to bring your own hotdogs.

Yes we are one of the poorer, less resourced clubs because we spent all our money in the Super League war helping, along with other traditional clubs, to save the peoples' game for clubs and supporters like you.

There were many Manly Warringah supporters marching with other (non-Souths) supporters of the game to have South Sydney reinstated so you would have a team to support.

What happened from the 70s to the 90s that has effected you apart from Souths not winning anything.

Show some f**king respect.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Firstly, you are an arrogant lollipoper.

At least our sh*t stadium filled with sh*t facilities is our own, not some rented place which is piss poor to watch football, has over priced food and drink and is miles away from our supporter base. No wonder you have to bring your own hotdogs.

Yes we are one of the poorer, less resourced clubs because we spent all our money in the Super League war helping, along with other traditional clubs, to save the peoples' game for clubs and supporters like you.

There were many Manly Warringah supporters marching with other (non-Souths) supporters of the game to have South Sydney reinstated so you would have a team to support.

What happened from the 70s to the 90s that has effected you apart from Souths not winning anything.

How about you read my post again. Was I having a go at any teams fans? No. It was an argument about one teams owners and management and another. All of my points were about why I think my teams management and ownership is superior to your teams, in response to what someone said comparing that.

You tell me to show some respect, I didn't show any disrespect. I was saying my teams ownership is better than yours, I wasn't saying I'm better than you or that Souths fans are better than Manly fans. Unlike you, I didn't personally insult any other fan. Isn't it ironic that you start your posting call me an arrogant lollipoper, and end your post telling me to show respect. Hypocrite.

As for the stadium. It isn't rented. We don't rent it, we're paid a significant amount of money to play there. Which is part of the reason we have good facilities and funds available. I'd rather get paid to play in a comfortable stadium than spend money to play in a crappier stadium.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
So Bunnies Man seems to enjoy his team playing home games in front of 50,000 + empty seats...
In a perfect world, the stadium would be a more appropriate size. But it gives us something to aim for. I'd hope that one day in the not too distant future NRL teams are capable of regularly filling a stadium like ANZ, just like some AFL teams do the same with the MCG.

IMO the positives far outweigh the negatives. And unlike other teams, we won't have to consider turning back paying fans to watch us in a finals game.

Last edited:

seaeagle sam

How about you read my post again. Was I having a go at any teams fans? No. It was an argument about one teams owners and management and another. All of my points were about why I think my teams management and ownership is superior to your teams, in response to what someone said comparing that.

You tell me to show some respect, I didn't show any disrespect. I was saying my teams ownership is better than yours, I wasn't saying I'm better than you or that Souths fans are better than Manly fans. Unlike you, I didn't personally insult any other fan. Isn't it ironic that you start your posting call me an arrogant lollipoper, and end your post telling me to show respect. Hypocrite.

As for the stadium. It isn't rented. We don't rent it, we're paid a significant amount of money to play there. Which is part of the reason we have good facilities and funds available. I'd rather get paid to play in a comfortable stadium than spend money to play in a crappier stadium.

Yes, I read your post a number of times and reread mine. I never said anything about you having a go at team's fans.

You were having a discussion with a poster who supports another team and you, for some reason, drag Manly into it in a disrespectful way.

Why is your team's management any better than the Sea Eagles management who somehow pulled the club from the edge of obscurity and won a premiership within five years of nearly having to shut the doors. Do you really think paying Inglis $200,000 for every decent game he will play for you over the next three years is good management?

You are arrogant by telling the other poster how good your club is while putting Manly down.

Paying a significant amount of money to play at a ground you don't own is renting. My tenant pays me a significant amount of money to live in my house. I call it rent.

"Isn't it ironic that you start your posting call me an arrogant lollipoper, and end your post telling me to show respect. Hypocrite." - It's literally neither ironic or hypocritical. If anything the sentence doesn't make sense.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yes, I read your post a number of times and reread mine. I never said anything about you having a go at team's fans.

You were having a discussion with a poster who supports another team and you, for some reason, drag Manly into it in a disrespectful way.

Why is your team's management any better than the Sea Eagles management who somehow pulled the club from the edge of obscurity and won a premiership within five years of nearly having to shut the doors. Do you really think paying Inglis $200,000 for every decent game he will play for you over the next three years is good management?

You are arrogant by telling the other poster how good your club is while putting Manly down.

Paying a significant amount of money to play at a ground you don't own is renting. My tenant pays me a significant amount of money to live in my house. I call it rent.

"Isn't it ironic that you start your posting call me an arrogant lollipoper, and end your post telling me to show respect. Hypocrite." - It's literally neither ironic or hypocritical. If anything the sentence doesn't make sense.
1. I didn't "drag" Manly into this discussion. adamkungl did, comparing Souths and Manly ownership. I was merely arguing my view on that.
2. I only ever talked about ownership and management. Unlike you, I didn't argue about fans. And also unlike you, I didn't called anyone names.

And again, I believe my club is very well managed. IMO it is in one of the best off field situations in the entire NRL in terms of membership, crowds, resources, facilities and financial stability. IMO it's been much better managed than Manly has over the last few years. That's all I was trying to debate, in response to someone else comparing Manly and Souths.

Edit: it is both ironic and hypocritical. Irony defined as "dry: humorously sarcastic or mocking" and hypocrite defined as "a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives". I believe it was ironic, or mocking, that you in one breath personally insult and disrespect me, and in the next you tell me to be respectful when I never made it personal. And I believe you're being a hypocrite because you're saying one thing and doing another. You're saying to be respectful, when in that same post you were clearly not respectful.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench

I'm pretty sure no clubs longer 'rent' stadiums since Souths moved from the SFS. All teams get 100k to play a game at ANZ...

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

Don't rewrite history, you ignorant Manly turd.
Your club was broke and tried to steal all of the Bears' work at Gosford - before the locals kicked you out.
Your sh*tty club has been raping the game for decades.

some11

Referee
Souths are sh*t, have been sh*t for 40 years and will be sh*t until the end of time.

12254a885fadccc3bp.gif

Bumble

First Grade
For the millionth time I have to raise the point: Why do people think Crowe being involved with Rugby League is a bad thing?

He's a legitimate fan of the game and was a massive Souths fan BEFORE he had any official role in the club, and in terms of exposing the game to overseas markets he's invaluable.

How many times would RL have been mentioned on American talk shows before Crowe? Probably never. I just don't get the hate.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sorry but that cutley set is jointly owned by Wests Tigers and the Eels. But Russel does have a cabinet with 20 premiership trophies in and plans to bolt in trophy no 21 a milestone that your pathethic club will never achieve... not that any of your 20 season ticket holders will care.

lol@goosters the chicken sh*t irrelevancy of the league.
Souths have never ever won a trophy dingbat. The RAS shield and the JJ Giltinan are not trophies.

FFS you don't even know what you have won!!!!! Although I do understand how you can look a complete gimp seeing as evidence of Souths winning anything is hard to find since the Dead Sea Scrolls are locked away at the University of Chicago - and no Souffs fan has ever been to University.

dollyhands

Juniors
souths have never ever won a trophy dingbat. The ras shield and the jj giltinan are not trophies.

Ffs you don't even know what you have won!!!!! Although i do understand how you can look a complete gimp seeing as evidence of souths winning anything is hard to find since the dead sea scrolls are locked away at the university of chicago - and no souffs fan has ever been to university.
troll

Nemesis

Bench
Souths have never ever won a trophy dingbat. The RAS shield and the JJ Giltinan are not trophies.

FFS you don't even know what you have won!!!!! Although I do understand how you can look a complete gimp seeing as evidence of Souths winning anything is hard to find since the Dead Sea Scrolls are locked away at the University of Chicago - and no Souffs fan has ever been to University.
Wow you sure like showing off your ignorance and stupidity, but far be it from me to convince you to do otherwise dumbarse... obviously English wasn't your best subject.

tro·phy   /ˈtroʊfi/ Show Spelled
[troh-fee]
–noun, plural -phies.
1. anything taken in war, hunting, competition, etc., esp. when preserved as a memento; spoil, prize, or award.
2. anything serving as a token or evidence of victory, valor, skill, etc.
3. a carving, painting, or other representation of objects associated with or symbolic of victory or achievement.
4. any memento or memorial.
5. a memorial erected by certain ancient peoples, esp. the Greeks and Romans, in commemoration of a victory in war and consisting of arms or other spoils taken from the enemy and hung upon a tree, pillar, or the like.

Souths will once again become a dominant force in Rugby League whether all you pin heads in here like it or not, so just get used to to it.

bobmar28

Bench
For the millionth time I have to raise the point: Why do people think Crowe being involved with Rugby League is a bad thing?

He's a legitimate fan of the game and was a massive Souths fan BEFORE he had any official role in the club, and in terms of exposing the game to overseas markets he's invaluable.

How many times would RL have been mentioned on American talk shows before Crowe? Probably never. I just don't get the hate.

Crowe is good for league, he gives us exposure overseas and should be recruited for the IC.

I just don't have much time for the Bunnies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Crowe is good for league. But Souths fans treat him as if he's a demi-god and that all he says and does is 100% pure and correct. Which he most definitely is not.

As for being mentioned on talk shows I've seen a lot of potential souths fans on Jerry Springer. Maybe old mate Russ could go on there and recruit, class up your supporter base.

hellteam

First Grade
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
adamkungl, while I disagreed with you 99% of the time, I've never thought you were a borderline genius, until now. Souths weren't privately owned in the first place so the selling price means nothing. Whether it was $3 or $3,000,000 or $30,000,000. The important bit is how much the owners put into the club once they own it over the short, medium and long term.

Crowe and HaC have put millions upon millions into the club, giving it the best facilities in the league. Souths now have the best of everything off the field. Whatever resource they want, they have, no more looking with jealousy at other clubs. And what do Manly have? sh*t stadium, sh*t facilities. Going around begging wannabe PM's (who end up losing) to throw a few cents their way. If anything Manly is one of the poorer and less resourced teams now, and Souths is one of the richest. In a year's time will Manly have the money to chase after Bennett? No, but Souths will. Oh the irony is so sweet considering just about everything that happened from the 70s to the 90s.

So BunniesMan.... you think Souths is the richest club in the league, because they are owned by an actor?

How much money do you think Russel Crowe has?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Souffs the richest club? bullsh*t. The Broncos are by a very long stretch, not just the richest league club, but the richest club in Australia full stop.

RWB

Bench
Souffs the richest club? bullsh*t. The Broncos are by a very long stretch, not just the richest league club, but the richest club in Australia full stop.

Define rich, the Broncos make a profit every year which makes them a unique club in the NRL but not necessarily 'rich'. They're backed by the thoroughbreds but they're not the only ones who are backed by millionaires certainly not in Australian sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.