What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc155776

Coach
If we are talking owners then Gold Coast united are the richest club...

FFS Clive just gave 750 staff a Fiji Holiday for a week with family while also giving away 55 Mercedes Benz.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So BunniesMan.... you think Souths is the richest club in the league, because they are owned by an actor?

How much money do you think Russel Crowe has?
I say "one of the richest" and somehow in your head you take that to mean "the richest". I'm not an expert on the situation of every single club, so I don't know which is the absolute richest, but it's fair to say Souths is one of the richest, but perhaps not the richest. The only Sydney team to make a profit, and that's without pokies. Souths are very financially stable, something which can't be said for a lot of teams. And Souths has 2 wealthy owners with a proven track record of putting money into the team when necessary.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This GI thread reminds me of a Gilchrist innings. Started rapidly and got through to 50 at strike rate over 100 and moving consistently through. Can it crack the tonne?

RWB

Bench
I say "one of the richest" and somehow in your head you take that to mean "the richest". I'm not an expert on the situation of every single club, so I don't know which is the absolute richest, but it's fair to say Souths is one of the richest, but perhaps not the richest. The only Sydney team to make a profit, and that's without pokies. Souths are very financially stable, something which can't be said for a lot of teams. And Souths has 2 wealthy owners with a proven track record of putting money into the team when necessary.

You're a moron, profit doesn't define being rich. In fact lots of clubs around the world run at a loss or break even intentionally.

slammingsam

Juniors
Read the financial report again - we actually didnt make a profit. It was bullsh*t to get people clapping in the league circles. Anyone educated can read it properly.

CMUX

For the millionth time I have to raise the point: Why do people think Crowe being involved with Rugby League is a bad thing?

He's a legitimate fan of the game and was a massive Souths fan BEFORE he had any official role in the club, and in terms of exposing the game to overseas markets he's invaluable.

How many times would RL have been mentioned on American talk shows before Crowe? Probably never. I just don't get the hate.

Russel Crowe is a legitimate Wanker

Lol at being “invaluable” for exposing the game to overseas markets, what a load of crap. Do you think if Tom Cruise went onto the 7PM project and harped on about any of the American sports that more people in Australia would watch than normal?

Russel Crowe/Souffs = the embarrassment of the game.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Lol at being “invaluable” for exposing the game to overseas markets, what a load of crap. Do you think if Tom Cruise went onto the 7PM project and harped on about any of the American sports that more people in Australia would watch than normal?

Look at this merkin, file him under "haters gonna hate". And your metaphor is crap, because we already have plenty of exposure to american sports via Hollywood and our americanised culture in general. The people here that have wanted to become fans and watch their sports, already have the opportunity to do so. It isn't the same thing the other way around. There is no rugby league on their tv, most americans don't even know it exists.

So next time do us all a favour and try thinking a bit before you open your mouth.

big country

Juniors

well you obviously got ZERO idea about Marketing and Promotion - why do you think companies speand millions of $$$ to get famous people to advertise their crappy watches, cars and and fatty food outlets which the public otherwise wouldnt want a bar of?

As hard as it is to belive there are millions out there that would buy a car only because David Beckham or Tiger Woods advertised it

Russell Crowe / Souths - PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE ;-)

ccr

I'm sure the NRL sponsers and Souths sponsers would laugh at your comment. How much exposure have you given our code?

eel01s

Bench
Danny Weidler reported on Nine News that the contract lodged with the NRL (which is still not approved) has Inglis on Souths books for only $190K, with a further $300k in third party deals.

I am all for third party deals, but surely there should be some rule where the contract value listed under the salary cap must be at least 50% of the total contract value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts