What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
lol @ jeremy smith. If he's so fantastic why was he the player you guys chose to drop for that over priced and over the hill merkin.

You really are a moron.....so that's why he was Man of the Match in the Four Nations Final, and generally regarded as one of the best players in the world this year?

No, Todd Carney doesn't count. If there was any justice in the NRL he wouldn't have been allowed to come back to any club other than the Raiders, and only if they wanted him. You got Carney because he disgraced himself at another club and did enough to deserve to be sacked. We got Inglis because his old club disgraced themselves.

So you are just ignoring the fact that Inglis bashed his girlfriend? I don't care if they say it was for her 'protection', he is a bloody woman-basher. How does that mean he didn't disgrace himself? Get over yourself.

And besides, you managed to sign him from some bush team, big accomplishment, we got Inglis from the biggest club in rugby league.

:lol: Oh lord.....difference between Carney and Inglis is, even though he came from a "bush team" is that he is the reigning Dally M medallist. I don't see Inglis mentioned for that anywhere. As for biggest club in Rugby League, what? That's the Broncos mate, easily.

Hope that allays your disillusions.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hope that allays your disillusions.
So physically stopping her from possibly killing herself is worse than just standing there and watching her end her life. And if she did commit suicide I bet you'd be the first to have a go at him for not doing anything about it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
So physically stopping her from possibly killing herself is worse than just standing there and watching her end her life. And if she did commit suicide I bet you'd be the first to have a go at him for not doing anything about it.

That's a very convienient little side-note there

boxhead

First Grade

And you really believe that tripe? Why would there have been a court case in the first place if he was "bashing her to save her life"? That seems to be an interesting little detail you can't grasp. Why did she all of a sudden change her story near the end of proceedings? Doesn't make much sense does it?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
we got Inglis from the biggest club in rugby league.

who is this "biggest club in rugby league"?

surely could not mean the storm... a club who has only won one premiership and finished with the spoon this year.. a club who have been proven as cheats..

biggest club... hmmm.... well, if we are talking "club".. a club has members.. and if my memory serves me correct, the dragons won the membership race in 2010.... but he didn't come from us, so you can't mean the dragons... but did souffs pip us for members by the end of the year?

so... maybe you mean the broncos? yes, they have been a powerhouse for the last 20 years, but i wouldn't say the "biggest club in rugby league" but as you souffs fans keep reminding us, you have been around since 1908, and have won more premierships than them (albeit none in the last 40 years, but hey, who's to hold that against you..)

so... given that from my workings, the "Biggest club in rugby league" must be the one that's:
  • been around since 1908
  • won the most premierships
  • got the highest membership numbers
so tell me...

how the f**K did you get inglis from yourselves?

makes no sense!

unless you guys have two sets of books too??

hmmm....

jc155776

Coach
That's the contract that was submitted to the NRL. It's all legit.
And up until last year all Melbournes contracts were considered "legit" as well.

Inglis had a couple of legit contracts in fact.

Lol @ Crowe giving the cheats away.

Either Crowe is a lieing, cheating merkin making up fantasy stories with his 600k a year figure quoted on US TV

OR

Dirty cheating failure of a club Soufs (lol @ soufs) is rorting the cap.

Take your pick Bunnie boiler.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
who is this "biggest club in rugby league"?

surely could not mean the storm... a club who has only won one premiership and finished with the spoon this year.. a club who have been proven as cheats..

biggest club... hmmm.... well, if we are talking "club".. a club has members.. and if my memory serves me correct, the dragons won the membership race in 2010.... but he didn't come from us, so you can't mean the dragons... but did souffs pip us for members by the end of the year?

so... maybe you mean the broncos? yes, they have been a powerhouse for the last 20 years, but i wouldn't say the "biggest club in rugby league" but as you souffs fans keep reminding us, you have been around since 1908, and have won more premierships than them (albeit none in the last 40 years, but hey, who's to hold that against you..)

so... given that from my workings, the "Biggest club in rugby league" must be the one that's:
  • been around since 1908
  • won the most premierships
  • got the highest membership numbers
so tell me...

how the f**K did you get inglis from yourselves?

makes no sense!

unless you guys have two sets of books too??

hmmm....
Biggest in the sense of most members, biggest crowds and what I'd presume would be the most resources. Brisbane. And they should have all those things considering they've had league's 2nd biggest city to themselves for 20 years. And the entire state, or at least half of it, for large parts of those 20 years.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
but hang on...

why we talking about "The last 20 years" now... you bunnies fans are always trumpeting about "best in history"..

so.. using your logic.. if brisbane are the biggest club in rugby league due to their crowd sizes, number of premierships and number of times they've made the finals, who would that make the worst club in rugby league??

souffs...

well, can't argue with that....

BunniesMan

Immortal
but hang on...

why we talking about "The last 20 years" now... you bunnies fans are always trumpeting about "best in history"..

so.. using your logic.. if brisbane are the biggest club in rugby league due to their crowd sizes, number of premierships and number of times they've made the finals, who would that make the worst club in rugby league??

souffs...

well, can't argue with that....
](*,)
Wtf is with your logic? You're trying to say "worst" is the opposite of "biggest"? Idiot.

And, I didn't say anything about premierships. We have 20. We win that argument. Go back to the origin of this tangent, it was about getting Inglis, and I said we took him from the biggest team, what's relevant in attracting players? Money, resources, facilities.

We're the oldest team, we're the most successful, that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Compared to other Sydney teams we are the biggest. But when you add a 1 city team, and where that city happens to be part of rugby league heartland, of course they're the biggest. They'd be failures if they weren't.

jc155776

Coach
Saying your the most successful is laughable.

For a 1/5th period of history you made the finals twice.

Brothers Leagues club up here has won a motza of local comps. Maybe I should start calling them more successful then the Storm.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You have 20 Sydney local comp cups.

That's it.
Lol. No. The 1908 premiership is as important as the 2010 one. And only a genius would piss on history. There wouldn't be a 2010 NRL competition if it wasn't for everything that came before it.
Saying your the most successful is laughable.

For a 1/5th period of history you made the finals twice.

Brothers Leagues club up here has won a motza of local comps. Maybe I should start calling them more successful then the Storm.
Except noone cares about a sh*tty QLD comp. This is, always was, and always will be, a Sydney centric comp. We brought in you other outposts just to make more money, you're nothing more than that. The Sydney teams are what makes the comp special. The NRL will always be the Sydney teams. You lightweights just make up the numbers.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Compared to other Sydney teams we are the biggest.

so you are the biggest in sydney... okay.. lets just check your previous definition of biggest...

Biggest in the sense of most members, biggest crowds and what I'd presume would be the most resources.

south sydney, the biggest club in sydney??

jpicsiFTRBwkVMfUphjM.gif

BunniesMan

Immortal
so you are the biggest in sydney... okay.. lets just check your previous definition of biggest...

south sydney, the biggest club in sydney??
Well firstly there is the clear big 5 in sydney that are bigger than the others. That is Souths, Dragons, Bulldogs, Eels and Tigers. And out of those we do have the most members and most resources and we are amongst the biggest crowds. I'd say if you ranked the sydney teams in those 3 factors, we'd probably be combined highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.