What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Dave

Bench
How short is your memory? Do you not recall the controversy with Inglis not showing up to Broncos training. If it wasn't for Inglis himself there would have been plenty of pictures of him at their training with their colours.
QUOTE]

Um...sooo...he didn't show up to Broncos training...yeah? :lol:

That was Jokers point, you just agreed with him

Fien

Juniors
JUST SHUT UP ALL YOU HATERS!

Greg will be ours. Stop picking on us! We don't deserve it after all we have been through.

SHUT UP!

Joker's Wild

Coach
How short is your memory? Do you not recall the controversy with Inglis not showing up to Broncos training. If it wasn't for Inglis himself there would have been plenty of pictures of him at their training with their colours.

lol So it actually never happened but you say it could have, therefore its the same thing.

Wow

BunniesMan

Immortal
Um...sooo...he didn't show up to Broncos training...yeah? :lol:

That was Jokers point, you just agreed with him
Inglis didn't show up because Inglis made that decision. The Broncos wanted him there and expressed their disappointment that he wasn't there. So the club was trying to market a player they had no claim to ( they didn't even have the short form contract we do).

I'm comparing the way the Broncos acted to how Souths have acted, Souths haven't done anything worse than the Broncos, who marketed Inglis for months when they had less claim to him than we do now.

And the hypocrite army is standing there and having a go at us when they didn't say a word when the Broncos were doing the exact same thing.

Fien

Juniors
That's because the hypcrite army knows that they would still beat the Broncos with GI in the side, but know that we'll beat them once he pulls on the jersey.

GO SOUTH SYDNEY!

Mickyd39

Juniors
Inglis didn't show up because Inglis made that decision. The Broncos wanted him there and expressed their disappointment that he wasn't there. So the club was trying to market a player they had no claim to ( they didn't even have the short form contract we do).

I'm comparing the way the Broncos acted to how Souths have acted, Souths haven't done anything worse than the Broncos, who marketed Inglis for months when they had less claim to him than we do now.

And the hypocrite army is standing there and having a go at us when they didn't say a word when the Broncos were doing the exact same thing.

:cry::cry::cry:

Cry me a river, B*TCH.

Last edited:
images

Greg will be ours. Stop picking on us! We don't deserve it after all we have been through.

SHUT UP!

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol So it actually never happened but you say it could have, therefore its the same thing.

Wow
Not could have in the same sense I could be elected PM at the next election. But could have in the sense that it was planned and announced and wanted by the Broncos. It was only the player himself that stopped it from happening. And people are having a go at us, when Brisbane clearly did and tried to do the exact same things we're doing, when they had even less right than we do.

But, unlike a lot of you, I'm not a hypocrite. I don't care that the Broncos used him for marketing purposes without a signature. And I don't care that we have without the full contract being signed sealed and delivered. In this economic climate with every club fighting for every cent and with so many clubs crying poor, I have nothing against any club doing what it can to raise interest, support and money.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You sound like Stewie LOL from family guy xaxaxaxa go the bunnys
I love Stewie! He is the greatest cartoon character in the history of the world. I see similarities between Stewie and Souths. Stewie is the greatest ever cartoon character, we're the greatest ever club. He's clearly destined for great things such as world domination. We're destined for great things, such as many more premierships.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Braindeadman said:

GI was supposed to turn up to Broncos training to see the facilities and sign the final paperwork but pulled out at the last minute. You are just speculating that he was going to be wearing any Broncos kit at all.

The Brisbane media were spruking up the "Inglis has signed" story, the club only said he had agreed to terms, which he had. Of course they are going to talk him up as a good signing but to say they were "Marketing" him is a bit rich.

Also, I still havnt seen where the Broncos added him to their 2011 team on their website.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Not could have in the same sense I could be elected PM at the next election. But could have in the sense that it was planned and announced and wanted by the Broncos. It was only the player himself that stopped it from happening. And people are having a go at us, when Brisbane clearly did and tried to do the exact same things we're doing, when they had even less right than we do.

But, unlike a lot of you, I'm not a hypocrite. I don't care that the Broncos used him for marketing purposes without a signature. And I don't care that we have without the full contract being signed sealed and delivered. In this economic climate with every club fighting for every cent and with so many clubs crying poor, I have nothing against any club doing what it can to raise interest, support and money.

The lesson here is wait till the ink is on the contract and the NRL approves it! it just makes the club look like fools, I am sure it will all happen but there should be a better code of conduct by the club regardless of what others do or dont do! The posting of GI on the official site is a poor amateur decision, what if he doesn't come like Luke Lewis? We will be the laughing stock of the league!! yet again ............I am sick of it.

I love Stewie! He is the greatest cartoon character in the history of the world. I see similarities between Stewie and Souths. Stewie is the greatest ever cartoon character, we're the greatest ever club. He's clearly destined for great things such as world domination. We're destined for great things, such as many more premierships.

Is that you Dave Quince?

drake

First Grade

SHUT UP!
Man, you get me every time.

I was really hoping he/she/it had resorted to begging.

Last edited:

Smiley

Bench

The Broncos worked out a deal with the Storm to allow Inglis to train that he wasn't to be seen in their colours and not take part in interviews or any type of marketing.

Inglis wasn't at the first Broncos training session because he was back at the club undertaking rehab with the club physio.

His profile was never added to their website either.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Gasnier was not seen anywhere near training or anything like that until the signing had been been checked by the NRL and cleared.

Souths have been croweing about getting GI for weeks...and he hasn't even signed nor been cleared to sign! Souths have gone about it poorly with your wanker owner going off too early - a typical Souths trait.

What part of this do you not understand:

Saints sign Gasnier for $50k, the rest backended.

If the NRL has cleared such a massive backended deal, why can no one else do it?

Keep your myopic comments about our owner to yourself if you want to have serious dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.