What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
After the Gasnier debacle, the nrl closed the loophole that saints used for fear clubs would go broke by backending every contract in the hope of an increase in the cap.

Your mob missed the boat.

When did they do this? I'm pretty sure clubs can still backload contracts if they choose to, obviously not all of them though but I can't see how they can outlaw backloading if its done sensibly.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Who is the idiot at Souffs that suffers from premature ejaculation Richardson OR Crowe?

1. Announcing a signing that is NOT over the line, that is still contracted to another club is just diabolical .
2. Placing an unsigned player on the official club site as part of the 2011 squad, just blows my mind... I am speechless at such poor poor judgement!
3. Parading an unsigned player in club colours, is just unprofessional.

Show some decorum Souffs, show some class and professionalism and forget the Hollywood show off rubbish.

No centre on earth is worth 600k imo, the team needs a halfback that can play! This back ended deal with hurt the team come 2012.

This is my nomination for post of the year. So apt. Souths are a hype machine. Pleanty of flash and pizazz, but no substance or grit. Their results on the field prove it in 2010 & don't give me the injury thing. They should have been a far more consistent unit before they had a bad run with enough wins to be entrenched in the 8.

Good luck to you next year Souths & I mean that. Just drop the bluff and bluster & deliver for f**k sake. Until you do that, all the noise in the world counts for exactly the same as what you have achieved over the last 40% of your existence - NOUGHT!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well I am only quoting what was in the press, just like you are doing right now.
No, you are selectively quoting from the press.

You omitted that the reported $50,000 was for less than half a season. Plus you omitted that it was plus match payments.

There are other key differences between the two players:

1. The age differences, Inglis is six years younger than Gasnier. This is worth nothing because there is now talk of Inglis going to Union. Gasnier was returning from Union. Gasnier is in the back-end of his career when compared to Inglis.

2. Getting Gasnier back from Union was good for rugby league, the NRL should do what they can to keep Inglis, but Inglis first has to be signed to a legit contract.

3. Gasnier is a local St George junior. Inglis is not a South junior. Only a small thing but it does come into play with fans and marketing, and this becomes part of the negotiation as well.

Gasnier tried very hard to stay in the NRL. It remains to be seen if Inglis will make the same effort. The NRL and St George had some third party deals in place. But these did not eventuate. One thing I agree with is a player's right to find maximum income (as long as no contract in broken). As far as I can tell, this the only thing Gasnier and Inglis have in common.

Ziggy the God said:
Gasnier has third party payments, so how about we open those up to the public? Lets face it, someone on here would know more about me on FOI information, and considering the millions that the Saints have sucked off the taxpayer teat in Wollongong and Kogorah, we have the right to know.
Getting a bit testy aren't we?

You still fail to see that the it is third party payments that have to be looked at. If they are within the rules, then there is no problem.

Ziggy the God said:
Maybe old Barry can get an email, since all they get down that way is scummer Labor support.
lol. You just lost the argument.

Old Barry (whoever he is) is even less relevant - you should have stuck to your lame attempts of comparing Inglis to Gasnier. You sounded less defensive then.

Let's get a handle on this...

You are using the Gasnier example as some sort of strange justification for the Souths/Inglis debacle, when in fact the two are like chalk and cheese.

You will whinge if Inglis cannot be signed by Souths, we get that. And you will try to use the Gasnier example again, even though it is entirely irrelevant. We get that too. Plus in a strange twist, when totally cornered, you will eventually say it is not about Saints when others come in to correct you. Predictable as.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade

El Diablo

Post Whore
no idea what the rules are there

i remember Turner wasn't permitted to train with the Storm a few years ago when the NRL refused to register his contract

the NRL haven't reject Inglis though so it may be different

ANTiLAG

First Grade
There it is - the century reached by the Inglis thread. Stagnated in pages 60-70 but really got going post this morning. Well played - can it continue for the double century and then the record?

BunniesMan

Immortal
200 pages? Hmm there's still plenty of bait for BunniesMan to nibble on. Its possible
It won't get to 200 pages. This whole situation will be signed,sealed and delivered within a week and people will get bored of it. And we'll get the final piece for our 2011 premiership. You see those clouds on the horizon? They ain't grey. They are red and green and they're getting ready to rain down on the rest of the comp.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
There are going to be some sad little bunnies hopping out of the burrow looking for a new club to accommodate Gregory. This will be interesting.

RHCP

Bench
It won't get to 200 pages. This whole situation will be signed,sealed and delivered within a week and people will get bored of it. And we'll get the final piece for our 2011 premiership. You see those clouds on the horizon? They ain't grey. They are red and green and they're getting ready to rain down on the rest of the comp.
The competition won't continue if it rains, the planes won't be flying.

Chriss

Juniors

Prediction: BunniesMan will vanish from LU September next year. :crazy:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think chris is on the money bunniesfella.

So where is your proof that Souths had the highest 2010 ticketed membership at round 26?

Status
Not open for further replies.