What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Nice plucking of figures out of the air.

You need to get your facts right.

The Inglis deal will be under scrutiny over the third party payments.

If you're looking for someone to blame for the stuff up, send a letter to Russell. He shouldn't have got on an international TV show and boasted the figure $1.8 million. The deal was still being negotiated by managers and agents and still had to be ratified by the NRL. So poor form from the showman.

Look, the deal might still go ahead, but I can imagine that Inglis and his agent were cringing deluxe when Russell spilled the beans.

Well I am only quoting what was in the press, just like you are doing right now.

Gasnier has third party payments, so how about we open those up to the public? Lets face it, someone on here would know more about me on FOI information, and considering the millions that the Saints have sucked off the taxpayer teat in Wollongong and Kogorah, we have the right to know.

Maybe old Barry can get an email, since all they get down that way is scummer Labor support.

Fien

Juniors
Why can't you haters just LEAVE US SOUTHS FANS ALONE. This is Cyber Bullying & it's not fair.

:(:(:(

BunniesMan

Immortal
The lesson here is wait till the ink is on the contract and the NRL approves it! it just makes the club look like fools, I am sure it will all happen but there should be a better code of conduct by the club regardless of what others do or dont do! The posting of GI on the official site is a poor amateur decision, what if he doesn't come like Luke Lewis? We will be the laughing stock of the league!! yet again ............I am sick of it.
That's probably a fair enough summary of things. A code of conduct agreed to by all clubs regarding this sort of thing relating to player transfers would be a good thing.
Is that you Dave Quince?
I don't know who that is. So no.

SoftSydney

Juniors
What part of this do you not understand:

Saints sign Gasnier for $50k, the rest backended.

If the NRL has cleared such a massive backended deal, why can no one else do it?

Keep your myopic comments about our owner to yourself if you want to have serious dialogue.

I am sure the deal WILL go through BUT that is not the point my friend. The point is there is a proper way to conduct ones self and for some reason the club hasnt got a clue how to roll out a new signing!

bottle

Coach

If the NRL has cleared such a massive backended deal, why can no one else do it?

Keep your myopic comments about our owner to yourself if you want to have serious dialogue.

Ziggy, where does the suggestion come from that any supposed problems with Inglis' contract has anything to do with back ending (noting that no problems have been confirmed at all as yet)? I haven't seen reference to that. It seems to be more to do with suggestions of guaranteeing third party arrangements.

Hence totally unrelated to anything to do with the Gasnier issue. You're linking of one to the other doesn't seem to have any rationale. There is no suggestion to be seen anywhere that an approved back ended deal can't be undertaken by anyone else. The matters are unrelated.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I am sure the deal WILL go through BUT that is not the point my friend. The point is there is a proper way to conduct ones self and for some reason the club hasnt got a clue how to roll out a new signing!

What does that have to do with anything?

Fact: other teams have signed players on backended deals.
Fact: other teams have players on large third party contracts.

If that is the case, we can do the same.

If not, lets void the lot, and the most any League player will be paid is $300k under the current salary cap.

There is no chance that Souths will not test this, so have a look at your own club, who is backended or had third parties, and think waht will happens if they are voided.

So there are teams packed with Origin and International stars but that is ok. Yet, we have people saying that our whole backline is rubbish, yet we are over the cap.

Tell you what, I am happy to bet with anyone on here that Inglis will be playing for us in 2011. If not, I will delete my account. Any takes on the other side?

Fien

Juniors
Tell you what, I am happy to bet with anyone on here that Inglis will be playing for us in 2011. If not, I will delete my account. Any takes on the other side?

I'll go with you, Brother.

South Sydney, stand tall, stand together, stand proud.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Ziggy, where does the suggestion come from that any supposed problems with Inglis' contract has anything to do with back ending (noting that no problems have been confirmed at all as yet)? I haven't seen reference to that. It seems to be more to do with suggestions of guaranteeing third party arrangements.

Hence totally unrelated to anything to do with the Gasnier issue. You're linking of one to the other doesn't seem to have any rationale. There is no suggestion to be seen anywhere that an approved back ended deal can't be undertaken by anyone else. The matters are unrelated.

'The $600,000 a season alluded to by Crowe ridicules South Sydney's attempt to have Inglis squeezed under next year's salary cap on a base salary of $190,000. It was to be topped up by numerous third-party deals that will now be ruled as obligatory under the cap.'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/greg-inglis-deal-down-drain/story-e6frfgbo-1225960514639

SoftSydney

Juniors
What does that have to do with anything?

Fact: other teams have signed players on backended deals.
Fact: other teams have players on large third party contracts.

If that is the case, we can do the same.

If not, lets void the lot, and the most any League player will be paid is $300k under the current salary cap.

There is no chance that Souths will not test this, so have a look at your own club, who is backended or had third parties, and think waht will happens if they are voided.

So there are teams packed with Origin and International stars but that is ok. Yet, we have people saying that our whole backline is rubbish, yet we are over the cap.

I agree he will play for SS in 2011, the only issue I have is the way it was announced that he is signed, that he is on the clubs official site that Russ anounced he is signed when he is clearly not, that he paraded is SS colours. It just poor and then today all the crap he wont play for SS makes the club look like a kebab shop a bad one at that!

bottle

Coach
'The $600,000 a season alluded to by Crowe ridicules South Sydney's attempt to have Inglis squeezed under next year's salary cap on a base salary of $190,000. It was to be topped up by numerous third-party deals that will now be ruled as obligatory under the cap.'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/greg-inglis-deal-down-drain/story-e6frfgbo-1225960514639

How do you read that as back ending? I read it as K$190 on South's cap (base salary) and the rest as third party deals as per the statement. The second sentence in that statement confirms that view. No mention of back ending in that statement, but 3rd party deals are mentioned.

After the Gasnier debacle, the nrl closed the loophole that saints used for fear clubs would go broke by backending every contract in the hope of an increase in the cap.

Your mob missed the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts