What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Players will have to go no doubt before round 10 a couple will be gone either OS or retire (Wesser or Crocker).

Only Best, Crossman and Capewell gone from the F/T squad. Lowe and Stapleton were P/T. Mansour, Mundine, Peats, Reynolds, Webster, Morgan all have contracts but are too old for NYC. Minimum wage is $55k for those that are in the F/T squad

Richardson wont say too much until the contract is signed and he knows what 3rd party is approved and whats not given the legals will be part of the cap ATM we will see if that changes. Also what clauses has he wrote into Luke's new contract or the NYC graduates. At his time at Penrith he loved the hidden clauses in the contracts.

Good to see talent get spread around. Given he wanted out to live with his partner in Brisbane, Said he hates Sydney. Is influenced by Mundine he may not perform as he does in Origin time etc. Good luck anyway if he does sign it might work out. It may not also IMO 50/50 as to if it will work.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Quote from todays tele"It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying."Lol is he that stupid

CMUX

So poor little Greg doesn’t want to foot the legal bill for a case that had nothing to do with the Storm?

Well at least he has Russel “I don’t do chequebook rugby league” Crowe coming to the rescue!!

This whole thing is a joke, if it was the roosters or dogs it would be labelled as blatant cheating. When it is Souths though it is “good salary cap management”.

skeepe

Immortal
Am I the only one that finds it pretty reprehensible that Inglis would accept $100k from a charity?

I wonder if the donors to said charity are happy with the money being spent in this way?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Am I the only one that finds it pretty reprehensible that Inglis would accept $100k from a charity?

I wonder if the donors to said charity are happy with the money being spent in this way?
The 100k wouldn't be coming from $2 donors, he'll be getting paid by a billionaire. And Forrest isn't stupid, I'm sure he believes Inglis can bring in more for the charity than what he's getting paid.

Ari Gold

Bench

No, because his presence will help the Charity make 10 times that money.

Glenn

First Grade

Agreeing with Skeepe here...never knew Inglis was a charity case.:shock:

Mickyd39

Juniors

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm sure part of the storm cap breach was that he was paid by a charity for charity work or something like that.

Nothing new for him.

Surely

Post Whore
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but seriously is there any point to a cap when there are all these other options available to sign players outside of it.

Good luck to Souths but the whole comp is a big f**king joke.

Mader45

Juniors
Bunnies backline is looking good for 2011.

1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Inglis
4. Crap
5. Crap
6. Crap
7. Crap

Go Souths!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunnies backline is looking good for 2011.

1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Inglis
4. Crap
5. Crap
6. Crap
7. Crap

Go Souths!

I read somewhere that our centres and wings (including Inglis) have scored the most tries in the last 2 years of any backline in the NRL team. So not that crap.

Bench
If Rusty can sign Burgess for $150k(this was proven,as the contract submitted)then Inglis is probably only on $175k,no probs.
Anyone who thinks Inglis is not dumb enough to get caught up in salary cap rorting again have never listened to or read anything he has said or written.
Hell he doesn't know which state Bowraville is in,he now thinks Redfern is near Brisbane,near his future wife,this guy has no cred left at all now,another player to fall under the "Mans' influence.

stormbati

Bench
Wow!! Just, WOW!!! They had enough money in their cap to sign one of the highest paid players in the game!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread but seriously is there any point to a cap when there are all these other options available to sign players outside of it.

Good luck to Souths but the whole comp is a big f**king joke.

The alternative is a strict cap where good sides are torn apart within 2 years (or cheat to stay together). There will never be a completely level financial playing field... nor should there be. Maybe we should start limiting how much coaches can be paid...or how much can be spent on training facilities or doctors. Then every club can be mediocre!:roll:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The alternative is a strict cap where good sides are torn apart within 2 years (or cheat to stay together). There will never be a completely level financial playing field... nor should there be. Maybe we should start limiting how much coaches can be paid...or how much can be spent on training facilities or doctors. Then every club can be mediocre!:roll:
The salary cap is all about breaking up successful teams, so why not take it a step further. Cronulla should be the standard, none of the "rich" clubs should be allowed to spend a cent more than Cronulla on any part of the club.

adamkungl

Immortal
The salary cap is all about breaking up successful teams, so why not take it a step further. Cronulla should be the standard, none of the "rich" clubs should be allowed to spend a cent more than Cronulla on any part of the club.

thats sorta what i was getting at ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts