What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal

And did you miss the "gem" a couple of sections below that one?

GET OUT THE BIG GUN

SOUTHS are denying it but the word is if they run into any serious drama with the Greg Inglis contract they will launch a challenge to the very existence of the salary cap. I'm told the man who will lead the charge is their legal eagle and chairman, Nick Pappas.

thorson1987

Coach
And did you miss the "gem" a couple of sections below that one?

Another example of souffs thinking they are bigger then the game.

And if they do challenge it and somehow win I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne said give back the premierships. (which I don't want)

perverse

Referee
lol... challenge the existance of the salary cap so they can sign GI. my god. Souths arrogence truly knows no bounds.

RWB

Bench
Wouldn't work anyway the case would be dragged out for months and Inglis would of already pissed off to France by then, they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot.

BunniesMan

Immortal
While I don't have a problem with the cap (even though it hurts the richer clubs, including mine) if it is illegal then obviously it should go. If some clubs are only existing because of a rule that is against the law, then they shouldn't be in the league.

I guess we'll see based on what Schubert decides. If he does want to block the Inglis deal maybe Gallop will pull him in and force him to let it go ahead to save the cap itself.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
While I don't have a problem with the cap (even though it hurts the richer clubs, including mine) if it is illegal then obviously it should go. If some clubs are only existing because of a rule that is against the law, then they shouldn't be in the league.

I guess we'll see based on what Schubert decides. If he does want to block the Inglis deal maybe Gallop will pull him in and force him to let it go ahead to save the cap itself.
Typical arrogance and selfishness from a souths fan. Once upon a time, not long ago, souths were struggling and holding back other clubs. Now that you've prostituted yourself to russ le roq you see no problem in kicking out other clubs who are struggling.
How deep do you think the gladiator's pockets are - you're acting as if there is a limitless supply of dosh that sir russ is willing to dole over.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Typical arrogance and selfishness from a souths fan. Once upon a time, not long ago, souths were struggling and holding back other clubs. Now that you've prostituted yourself to russ le roq you see no problem in kicking out other clubs who are struggling.
How deep do you think the gladiator's pockets are - you're acting as if there is a limitless supply of dosh that sir russ is willing to dole over.

I never said anything about kicking anyone out. But if the salary cap is proven to be illegal then some clubs, if they are poorly managed and can't keep up, will go. They won't be pushed but they will naturally die.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I never said anything about kicking anyone out. But if the salary cap is proven to be illegal then some clubs, if they are poorly managed and can't keep up, will go. They won't be pushed but they will naturally die.
Will you or other souths fans march on the street to save them? No, I doubt it.
Society has been keeping doormats like you alive for years - maybe we should have let you die a natural death.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will you or other souths fans march on the street to save them? No, I doubt it.
Society has been keeping doormats like you alive for years - maybe we should have let you die a natural death.
You're confusing being arbitrarily kicked out and suffering a natural death. I don't support any team being kicked out by the NRL, that should never happen. But if some teams are mismanaged badly enough they will eventually go all by themselves without anyone having to push them.

How arrogant can you get?

Your Club gets taken over by a sugar daddy and all of a sudden you think your Club is being run well.

When your Club wasn't owned by Russell Crowe your statement and beliefs would have seen your Club not exist anymore.

Bet you wouldn't have been making the same statements "pre Crowe."

thorson1987

Coach
Wouldn't work anyway the case would be dragged out for months and Inglis would of already pissed off to France by then, they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot.

Exactly. Melbourne won't release him to souffs until he contract is ratified by the nrl. So if it does goes to court he won't be playing for souffs at all next year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If the salary cap goes then the NRL will be dead within 5 years
Let's not exaggerate, the poorest 4 or 5 clubs might go if they didn't get their act together but the rest would be fine and the standard of footy would be higher.

RWB

Bench
Let's not exaggerate, the poorest 4 or 5 clubs might go if they didn't get their act together but the rest would be fine and the standard of footy would be higher.

Do you seriously think Souths would compete with the big hitters?

With all the due respect to Crowe he's not in the same category as some of the business men floating around at other clubs.

That aside it's not even the reason we have the salary cap... it's clubs like Newcastle and Penrith who would struggle that we can't afford to lose. Don't be so naive, Souths financial and junior position isn't as strong as a lot of your fellow supporters and the club would have you believe.

boxhead

First Grade
Bunniesman, what you fail to realize is that if the Inglis deal is blocked by the salary cap auditor, then they have no legitimate right to take it to court. They would be challenging a system in place for the NRL to benefit just so they can benefit themselves. That is the very definition of arrogance. If it is illegal for them to sign Inglis under NRL rules, why should they take it to court? Why not any other club when they can't sign players? If you say otherwise it just proves you are a deadset arrogant tosser.

If Souths go to court because the salary cap auditor finds that the deal would invalidate their cap, then I will quite comfortably say I would never like that club again, and I think almost every single NRL supporter apart from you and other Souths fans would agree.

I simply pray that the club is not that moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.