What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow up Queensland

Red Bear

Referee
Talk about pathetic winners. Just remember you NSW sooks, the series to QLD makes it 4 in a row.

Suck it up girls!
I've completely acknowledged that you guys had the better side, and have for a while. We won tonight but you deservedly won the series, and that doesnt bother me.
What bothered me was, as Dragon put it, the park footy behaviour at the end.

Knightmare

Coach
Brett White over reacted to a meaningless bit of niggle in a tackle, no doubt about that, altho the fight between him and Price was fair in that it was one on one etc, before the run in from Waterhouse where he was rightfully sent off. That should've been the end of it right there. Penalty Qld, on with the game

Instead we see these big tough Queenslanders put up a kick to Kurt Gidley and just line him up and smack him, before diving around searching for a fight (Hodges going for Creagh off the ball), followed by typical chest beating bullsh*t all round from f**kstains like Hodges and Thurston. Amongst all this we see beer cups etc being thrown onto the field the whole time, going to show that as much as you can modernise a ground like suncorp it will still be filled with Queenslanders.

This whole end to the game was disgusting play by those north of the border, and yet another display of the deeply set inferiority complex of those north of the border. Don't you think after 150 years as a state it is time to grow up a little bit? Realise that quality of state is based on football games. Realise that you dont actually have to worry about NSW, you can be your own state? NSW has never really gave a sh*t about the rest of the states, we know how good we are (even if we have a decidedly average football team as seen this series). Yet Qld are stuck in the mode of the inferiority complex, hell i remember t-ba on here saying that celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the formation of the state were being billed as 'Celebrate the day we broke away from NSW.'

You guys dominated the series, you have a very special side at the moment and could easily beat us next year as well. I also hope Steve Price is alright, he seems like an ok guy and is a brilliant player. The behavior at the end of the game however was disgraceful from both players and crowd and it's time for your state to enter the 21st century. If that's the famous Queensland spirit we saw out there tonight I'm glad it isnt present in my state.

:lol: Quote of the week RB!

Nerd

Bench
I've completely acknowledged that you guys had the better side, and have for a while. We won tonight but you deservedly won the series, and that doesnt bother me.
What bothered me was, as Dragon put it, the park footy behaviour at the end.
I agree. Taking out Price was park footy behaviour.

Knightmare

Coach
Thing is, people in NSW want to be better than everywhere else in Australia. Qlders only want to be better than NSW.

Hanscholo

Bench
Red bear you are a f**king disgrace

Hodges lining up creagh off the ball creagh came flying in to f**king push him then ran even quicker then what he did in to push to get away from him the cat

waterhouse was sent off because quuensland were going to go for him cause his a coward

and your a disgrace to! so beat it

Creagh came in to protect his captain from the 5 heros swarming all over him all trying to kill him, and if hodges is so tough why doesnt he put em up and take someone on instead of talking about it.

Boganater

Juniors
Who cares, everyone knows Hodges is a brainless tool.
It certainly was the most memorable game of the series wasn't it?
Isn't that what SOO is about- hating the other side?
I'd love to see someone knock Hodges head into the front row of the crowd and that's what keeps everyone watching. What's the point if they play like they're best mates?

evil_p091280

Juniors
What Queensland showed was retribution and stood up for one of their players, NSW don't do that and it had nothing to do with lining up the smallest player and everything to do with lining up the first player - they would have done it to TLL if he had received the ball.

It went overboard yes but it did show they were sticking up for one of their players.

If they wanted to show how tough and awesome they are, shouldnt they have kicked it or even deliberately forward passed it to White rather than kick it to Gids?

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Hey i cant see any threads from QLDers whinging about our team. And i cant see any screaming out for mass sackings. wtf ?thats what always happens here after a SOO loss!

Interesting that.

Nerd

Bench
Creagh came in to protect his captain from the 5 heros swarming all over him all trying to kill him, and if hodges is so tough why doesnt he put em up and take someone on instead of talking about it.
Creagh ran off like a girl he had every opportunity to front Hodges.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Creagh ran off like a girl he had every opportunity to front Hodges.

From what I saw, he only pushed Hodges to get him off Gids (was hardly a push to start a fight), and he then looked away and back tracked to the goal line when Hodges took two steps forward towards Creagh who wasnt looking and then immediately took three steps back when Poore and Watmo (?) got there... Hodges wouldnt take them on. Watmo is an animal and Poore can throw them pretty well...
Hodges is a pussy, all talk. Last punch up I saw him involved in, Grothe jr smashed him.

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm not at all parochial about Origin, it's an entertaining distraction from the NRL. But Lockyer's refusal to acknowledge NSW in his speech was petty. The fire and brimstone in the heat of battle is great, but afterwards when hands are shaken you need to show a bit of respect. It's what rugby league has always been about. You expect more class than that from a player like Lockyer

Knightmare

Coach
fixed it for ya!

A gay joke? :lol: Wow, you really got me there. Qlders' are a tolerant lot aren't they? The reason we have so many gay people down here is because you chased them all away with pitchforks and burning torches, yelling "Kill the androtops!"

Knightmare

Coach
I'm not at all parochial about Origin, it's an entertaining distraction from the NRL. But Lockyer's refusal to acknowledge NSW in his speech was petty. The fire and brimstone in the heat of battle is great, but afterwards when hands are shaken you need to show a bit of respect. It's what rugby league has always been about. You expect more class than that from a player like Lockyer

Imagine if Joey had done that after Qld won 36-6 in the final game of 2003? There would be mass calls north of the border for his name to be permanently crossed off the 'Immortals' list!

jonno_knights

Juniors
What Queensland showed was retribution and stood up for one of their players, NSW don't do that and it had nothing to do with lining up the smallest player and everything to do with lining up the first player - they would have done it to TLL if he had received the ball.

It went overboard yes but it did show they were sticking up for one of their players.

TLL doesnt play FB (well he was off the ground but that defeats the point), they knew who whey were kicking it too. Why didnt they run at the NSW forwards and try and steamroll them ala O'Meley in his prime.

Instead they take the coward option, kicking to NSW's small men, and resort to dirty and illegal tactics to try and prove...well i dont know what they were trying to prove, cause swinging arms doesnt restore any pride at all, just makes them look bad and like saw loosers. QLD didnt gain anything from those last two minutes IMO, but NSW did, Gidley showed them how to hit it up like a normal player would, even though he knew very well what was coming.

Latest posts