What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess Our New Centres For 2007!!!!

Snorkleburger

Juniors
Covell or Albert to centre ahead of Bot who would go to the wing. I would love to keep Scott and have Jake the Snake as well.!!!

ghoti

Bench
Frenzy. said:
DING DING DING!!

Rumour in it's infancy.
Haha...I used to go to school with him. Gimme a week to track down his sister and I'll try to get a confirmation.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bott in a Sharks jersey...absolute lightning, always has been. Covell and Bott on the wings with Albert in the centres. Could be looking pretty sharp with three quarters like that...throw in Kelly/Robinson/Scott/Pomeroy/whomever and it's a backline with a lot of potential.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
beekershark said:
rumour is bollocks from what I've heard. also I'd question his centre credentials over his wing credentials Frenz ? Although we are certainly not blessed with tons of wing depth either.

I did say 3/4 beeker.

He has actually played centre most of the year. Haven't seen any Clydes games but if he's been there he must be handling it. Can't obviously comment myself.

Get onto it ghoti. Now. Not in a week. NOW MAN!! :lol:

ghoti

Bench
pogo said:
bott = pygmie over rated winger.
I do agree on this. He was nowhere near as good as he was hyped up to be, but he has got a lot of pace and we know how well that sits with Stuey. Strong, agile and a good head on his shoulders. I think he might be a better centre than a winger, his height got him down a few times when tested last season, but he's only VERY young.

Spoke to a few people and apparently he's been looking at contracts back home in Sydney. That's sources on both sides of the matter...rumour could have a whole lotta legs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
beekershark said:
rumour is bollocks from what I've heard. also I'd question his centre credentials over his wing credentials Frenz ? Although we are certainly not blessed with tons of wing depth either.

he is a centre playing on the wing. Well at them oment he is a centre, playing well at centre.
major falling out at the broncos.
Still young, possibly the fastest man in the NRL, & has put on about 10 kegs since last year.
maybe sick of Brisbane & wants to come home.
rumour is far from bollocks.
thought the scoops would have been onto this one, so as to feign surprise when somebody gets signed!!

Inferno

Coach
very average in the wing, but might go alright in the centres.

From memory it was his height that let him down, but thats much less of an issue for a centre. Goes like a zyrtec as well.

Much rather Tupou though, anyone got an update on that front?

beekershark

Bench
No mate, have nothing on Bott coming at all. Could try and confirm the rumour but haven't got the time or inclination to be honest, if you and others have heard talk then there;s obviously "talk" about him interested in coming south, but there've been heaps of players this past week alone what have been "rumoured" right up until 1o minutes before press releases confirming otherwise have been released ! lol

It gets worse every year, managers are just being to blatant about talking up thier players and linking them with clubs that have no intention at all of signing players.

Like i said, I think this rumour is just another load of bollocks like everyother one. If I hint at or name a player on here mate it's because we've talked to them. If there's just been "talk" I will say as much.

For a few reasons I reckon talk of Bott coming is just that, rumour and talk without any subtsance, but hey, I've been wrong before and as frenz has said many times, player movements chop and change so much that anything is possible, but as of today,and current plans. No. No Bott in black white and blue.

But you've got me thinking about him as a centre now, I certainly havent seen much of him and had him pegged as an out and out winger. My gut feeling is that because this season has centres commanding an absolute premium in the market, his manager would be well served selling him as a 3 or 4 rather than a winger. PLenty of backrowers managers are talking up their boys as " really a prop playing backrow due to other props in front of him at his current club" in an effort to sell their players ! :)

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Bott to be signed as a winger, Albert probably last year in 2007. We need depth in the outside backs, we've been lucky so far...touch wood.
Delaney looks to be one centre.
Stapleton to replace Hutch and possibly Villa.
Talking to a few others, Chalk included as well as Galea.

Vossy

Bench
bott has got nothing, if he cant crack a broncos spot he is a waste of time hear, jus like mapp, bott may have speed but he is to small, and defence is shocking

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Vossy, obviously you have no idea about politics in football. Confidence to a young kid is invaluable...when you fall out with a coach , your game suffers...remember Preston.
Matt King apparently had "nothing", but look at him.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Vossy said:
bott has got nothing, if he cant crack a broncos spot he is a waste of time hear, jus like mapp, bott may have speed but he is to small, and defence is shocking

Ask Frenzy

beekershark

Bench
Sideline Eye said:
Bott to be signed as a winger, Albert probably last year in 2007. We need depth in the outside backs, we've been lucky so far...touch wood.
Delaney looks to be one centre.
Stapleton to replace Hutch and possibly Villa.
Talking to a few others, Chalk included as well as Galea.

Matt King was totally down to the coaches opinion of him mate, not the clubs. You know that only too well mate.

What you have described above is pretty much where everyone has known we're heading for a while, particulary with Delaney. I just question how hot we are for him still now that our goal kicker has confirmed he is staying ?

Also I'm hearing Villa is far more likely to stay than leave, is that your opinion ?

Vossy

Bench
Sideline Eye said:
Vossy, obviously you have no idea about politics in football. Confidence to a young kid is invaluable...when you fall out with a coach , your game suffers...remember Preston.
Matt King apparently had "nothing", but look at him.

i know alot about footy, bott isnt tall enough, no point kicking to his wing...he is a midget and would never catch the ball

Inferno

Coach
Vossy said:
i know alot about footy, bott isnt tall enough, no point kicking to his wing...he is a midget and would never catch the ball

Sing's a midget winger and he manages just fine under the high ball. Probably better than %90 of wingers to be honest. Its more of a matter of technique than height really.

For the right price he could be a great buy.

Do we have any young'uns that could make the step up to play wing in FG?

mr_sharks

Juniors
Inferno said:
For the right price he could be a great buy.
Do we have any young'uns that could make the step up to play wing in FG?

I agree Inferno, but what exactly would be the right price?? 60k per season base with incentives, or much more?

Inferno

Coach
good question. Im not sure to be honest. I 60k plus incentives wouldn't be a bad package for the guy I suppose, especially considering he probably wouldn't see much grade behind Albert and Covell, barring injury.

Still like to see how he would go in the centres.