What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guitars

who here plays guitar? electric or classical or w/e

I got fat fingers and still learning electric, something I put off for years. I can read sheet music/tabs, but need alot of practice, havnt had a lesson maybe I should lol

DB

First Grade
I play, and been doing lessons for around 3-4 years.... got two acoustics, an electric and a Ukulele.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
haha. i have a squire affinity that served me well for a few years... i ended up dropping a seymour duncan JB in bridge position and US standard pickups in middle and neck positions... those guitars have potential... if you have the time and $$ that is :D

DB

First Grade
My pride and joy is my Cole Clark acoustic.... absolutely love it.

what do you guys think of the 54 fender strat? :D

honestly though when I get better I will spend over 5 grand on a custom fender

also post some youtubes of you guys playing guitar

CC_Eagle

First Grade
My pride and joy is my Cole Clark acoustic.... absolutely love it.

Jea-lous.

I've been playing for fifteen years. In all honesty I haven't played all that much over the past year, too busy with work and University commitments. Plus, with my amp I require an empty household to play properly.

Whilst it doesn't compare to a lot of those on here, it's my little bundle of joy.

n62126544459380981308.jpg

No pedals (except a tuner). Who needs effects when you have a Marshall ;-).

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Fender USA strat with the lace sensor pickups. Would never swap it for any other guitar.
2 Marshall JCM 900 valve amps. both combos.
100 watt twin and 50 watt.
More than enough grunt .
Very easy to lug around .

Also play bass and drums.

charles bronson......don't spend $5000.00 on a guitar .
Not needed.
Only get that guitar when Fender are paying you to use it.

simmo1

First Grade
I have an Ibanez (NFI what model, guy at the shop told me once). Been sorta teaching myself for a couple of years as sort of a hobby. No real ambition to do anything with my playing.

Fender USA strat with the lace sensor pickups. Would never swap it for any other guitar.
2 Marshall JCM 900 valve amps. both combos.
100 watt twin and 50 watt.
More than enough grunt .
Very easy to lug around .

Also play bass and drums.

charles bronson......don't spend $5000.00 on a guitar .
Not needed.
Only get that guitar when Fender are paying you to use it.

nice

yeah I don't intend on spending 5 grand until I'm really good

how long have you played for and do you make mistakes when you play?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Jea-lous.

I've been playing for fifteen years. In all honesty I haven't played all that much over the past year, too busy with work and University commitments. Plus, with my amp I require an empty household to play properly.

Whilst it doesn't compare to a lot of those on here, it's my little bundle of joy.

n62126544459380981308.jpg

No pedals (except a tuner). Who needs effects when you have a Marshall ;-).

Yeah...but does it go to 11?

Am sadly down to a well served Gibson Epiphone accoustic...which I amp up if needed...love it

carcharias

Immortal
nice

yeah I don't intend on spending 5 grand until I'm really good

how long have you played for and do you make mistakes when you play?

first gig I played was in 1987.

Same year I started playing...played in pubs in a band before I was old enough to drink in them.

Yep still make heaps of mistakes.
Have been playing bass in a band lately...damn cool instrument...way more concentration needed compared to guitar I find.

adamkungl

Immortal
I have an Ibanez (NFI what model, guy at the shop told me once). Been sorta teaching myself for a couple of years as sort of a hobby. No real ambition to do anything with my playing.

^ same here. Not particularly good but constantly improving.

natheel

Coach
I've got about 10 guitars my most recent is an ibanez szr flametop green.

Play in a punk band and love it and starting bass in a punk band aswell

Hopefully playing with no use for a name in gong in July

first gig I played was in 1987.

Same year I started playing...played in pubs in a band before I was old enough to drink in them.

Yep still make heaps of mistakes.
Have been playing bass in a band lately...damn cool instrument...way more concentration needed compared to guitar I find.

whats a good trick for fingering the board? I got fat fingers and sometimes they touch other strings

Latest posts