What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guitars

carcharias

Immortal
^

geezuz
didn't know wether to pick up the guitar or make love to my lady on hearing that.

at work so no guitar or lady.

um what bit are you after .
the little lead thingy or the actual chord sequence?
at a guess he is playing a basic little scale ...maybe in D .
Penatonic...maybe.

Try this scale. It is Bm but will fit over D
from E string ( the bottom deep E) 7th fret. the B.
E - 1 and 4
A - 1 and 3
D - 1 and 3
G - 1 and 3
B - 1 and 4 add 2 ..I reckon first note he lets sustain might be B1.
E - 1 and 4 add 3

this is all just guessing.

^

geezuz
didn't know wether to pick up the guitar or make love to my lady on hearing that.

at work so no guitar or lady.

um what bit are you after .
the little lead thingy or the actual chord sequence?
at a guess he is playing a basic little scale ...maybe in D .
Penatonic...maybe.

Try this scale. It is Bm but will fit over D
from E string ( the bottom deep E) 7th fret. the B.
E - 1 and 4
A - 1 and 3
D - 1 and 3
G - 1 and 3
B - 1 and 4 add 2 ..I reckon first note he lets sustain might be B1.
E - 1 and 4 add 3

this is all just guessing.

haha

no not the chords, there are a few youtubes with the chords but noone can play the intro

Nuke

Staff member
I've been playing guitar for only about 5yrs, and only took lessons for the first 6 months of that time. As a result, I'm not very good, but I play it and enjoy it. I do get frustrated at how little I can do, but money is very tight these days, so I won't be taking any more lessons for a loooong time..!

I started off with an acoustic (as I guess most people start off with), then added a 'beginners pack' electric guitar & amp (Fender Squire Strat). About a year later, I managed to buy the guitar I had wanted for quite some time - a Brian May 'Red Special' replica. I don't think there's many of these in the country, and there's only one Australian distributer (in Adelaide of all places!), so it's definitely my pride and joy! I love this guitar, but my cheap little amp makes it sound very muddy and I can't get the clarity out of it that I'm after. Again, money prevents me getting a better amp, but it's on my list of things to aim for in the next few years..!

Last edited:

Mader45

Juniors
Been playing for 16 years now. Got a bunch of electrics but my mate just made me a cigar box guitar. I'd never heard of them till he made it but it's frickin awesome. Only got 3 strings, awesome for slide and has as much twang as a banjo. It's perfect for anyone that loves blues/blue-grass style music. Pretty much driving my girlfriend crazy as our house seems to have a soundtrack of deliverance or a deep south ghetto constantly playing.

legend

Coach
all good, do some metallica riffs

or even bon jovi dead or alive

or ac/dc

I can play the intro to Dead or Alive pretty well now. Been playing on and off for two years now and really miss playing at the moment. My favourite is duelling banjos. I use it as a good warm up exercise. Gets the fingers going along with the pentatonic scale in forward and reverse.

I have two guitars. A Fender Sonoran Acoustic with the Fender strat/tele headstock. Has a great sound.

I also have a Les Paul junior in black and it rocks. I have two amps, but they aren't anything to write home about.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Guitars...

- 2001 3-Tone Sunburst Fender American Series Stratocaster - Maple Fretboard, bone nut.

and,

- 2003 Maton 225 Semi-Accoustic/Electric (estimation on date).

Amp...

- PreMexicanMuleHairEncrusted Fender Blues Junior (that is, before they shipped them off to be built in Mexico) Valve. It's unreal. I like it a whole lot better than the Marshall JCB-800 Combo I was eyeing off at a hock shop in Cardiff. As close as I can get to a Fender Twin without shaking my house to pieces.

Pedals...

- 1989 Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah (GCB-95), from memory that's a series J. Bought that on Facebook for $20.
- Digitech cheapo multieffects pedal, whatever the cheapest, nastiest and first one that came out is.
- A Ibanez Tubescreamer 9 DX turbo (very disappointing, tone sucking piece of shit... but gonna get it analogman Modded to be true bi-pass hopefully)
- A Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker (good fun for your nirvana type distortion).

... And I couldn't play guitar my way out of a wet paper bag :).

I can play the intro to Dead or Alive pretty well now. Been playing on and off for two years now and really miss playing at the moment. My favourite is duelling banjos. I use it as a good warm up exercise. Gets the fingers going along with the pentatonic scale in forward and reverse.

I have two guitars. A Fender Sonoran Acoustic with the Fender strat/tele headstock. Has a great sound.

I also have a Les Paul junior in black and it rocks. I have two amps, but they aren't anything to write home about.

can you post some of you playing on youtube? you can hide your face if you want lol

seriously, people, if you can play make a youtbe so we can watch and enjoy

legend

Coach
fender_sonoran_s.jpg

legend

Coach
Yep. Mine is Epiphone, who are owned by Gibson anyway. Couldn't afford the real thing...

legend

Coach
Actually, I think my acoustic was the last impulse purchase I have made and that was almost two years ago.

my band doing a very drunken rendition of grinspoons lost control at a party...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCsYCYuRWxk

or us playing a very mellow version of one of our punkier songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJYKSu6NAVc&feature=related

the first i'm rockin my squire affinity... i don't like using the US strat when copious amounts of alcohol are invloved... in the second i've got my maton semi.... love that guitar :)

good shit man!!

dunno about those fairy costumes though lol

beave

Coach
Grinners.............. you know I would like them if they got a new singer......... Phil comes across as a complete f**kwit and has a rubbish voice. Shame because they are (musically) a decent enough band.

DB

First Grade
Just bought this epiphone les paul standard.... no more guitar purchases for a while.

Les_Paul_Std.jpg

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Just came back from the States. Sheesh we get ripped off here when it comes to guitars. I could've bought a nice Martin acoustic for half the price they are here.

With the dollar the way it is, that's wrong.

Latest posts