What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutless!!!

Dutchy

Immortal
Look at the positives. If you didnt have Kurt Gidley it would have been 70-12 today.

But in all seriousness. 2 more weeks, the team and coaching staff get a month or so where they dont even have to know League exists. Refresh their minds and bodies. Hit pre-season training up with a squad, which if stays fairly injury free, will be a fringe top 6 team in 2008. Smith has cleaned out the forrest, this was always going to happen this season. 2007 was never in Brian Smith's plans. 2008/09/10 were.

perverse

Referee
Dutchy said:
Look at the positives. If you didnt have Kurt Gidley it would have been 70-12 today.
i'd say more like 80 - 6. he had a nice touch in the only try we actually earned.

[furrycat]

Coach
Parki said:
last time i checked it was an opinion board

the consensus is your opinion is stupid and no one agrees with what you are saying

its all quite simple really
And a discussion board doesn't give you the right to shoot down someone's argument just because you do not believe in it.

Everyone needs to do themselves a favour and keep it civil...

Frederick

Staff member
cardinal said:
yeah smithy snaped his fingers and gave parra a junior network to bring on young talent, :sarcasm: If that is the case then I guess Hags is responsible for all the good juniors coming through at the knights. Hags has never coached a team that does not want to win for the club and for him smithy has twice now. Your administration let a great coach go and the eels are reaping the success.
Bushy, can you please delete this twats posts, or at least move them to the swamp where I don't have to read it?

Apey

Staff member
Lmfao! I have absolutely no idea compared to some of these guys but what i DO know is that the cleanout DID need to happen, how can you be geniused enough to say it didn't?

If it didn't happen, then for the rest of our years the only way we would win a game would be if a whole opposition team came down with aids.

fred_knight

Juniors
so you dont agree so that means you all attack, is that how it works, im entitled to mine like you are yours, read all the replies in this post there are people who agree so there goes your theory of no-one agreeing with me and most of your credibility.

NEXT

perverse

Referee
Apey said:
If it didn't happen, then for the rest of our years the only way we would win a game would be if a whole opposition team came down with aids.
aids isn't dehabilitating enough. try leprosy or full body paralysis.

Parki

Bench
sorry fred knight

you are the best, i should listen to what you are saying because you are clearly the most intelligent poster in the history of leagueunlimited

can we please install you as caretaker coach? seeing as you are so much better than brian smith?

in your words..... NEXT

Apey

Staff member
perverse said:
aids isn't dehabilitating enough. try leprosy or full body paralysis.

Leprosy would make our team too afraid to go near them.

Full body paralysis... well, I'm sure our current team would find a way :fist:

Spearhead

Juniors
I agree with everything fred knight has said and I know I'll probably get abused for this opinion. I think the Knights definitely needed a culture change but Smith shouldn't be the man to do it. I can't understand why fred has been attacked for his opinion? Like Gene or Parki's is gospel.

Misanthrope

Staff member
yeah smithy snaped his fingers and gave parra a junior network to bring on young talent, If that is the case then I guess Hags is responsible for all the good juniors coming through at the knights. Hags has never coached a team that does not want to win for the club and for him smithy has twice now. Your administration let a great coach go and the eels are reaping the success.

I realise you're probably mildly geniused, so I won't give you the kind of treatment I'd give a fully functioning idiot who stumbled into our forum spouting ill informed sh*t.

Michael Hagan is a good coach to have when all you need is for somebody to pat the players on the back, wish them luck, and congratulate them when they win. In fact, he's so good at that - that he'll do it irregardless of the outcome. I don't think I ever heard Michael Hagan criticise a performance. That made him perfect for Newcastle's collection of weak willed, spineless bitches.

The Parramatta fans lauding Michael Hagan as the saviour of the world as we know it are basing this on one season of football. You may win the premiership this year. We did in his first year. But people seem quick to forget the other mediocre years the Knights enjoyed under his 'guidance' and are blind to the many mediocre years that Parramatta will doubtless endure until somebody decides to fire him or an irate fan offs him in the car park.

How long was Brian Smith at Parramatta? I'm pretty sure it was longer than the proverbial snap of his fingers you refer to. Or is that how long you've been supporting Parramatta?

There seem to be two kinds of Parramatta fan. Those who can appreciate what Smith contributed but acknowledge that it was time for him to leave - and those who are idiots. There's Ron Jeremy too - who seems to slot somewhere in between dependent on the day.

Since you're not Ron Jeremy and you're not in the former group - I'm going to have to go ahead and group you in with the idiots. You can collect your dunce cap on the way out.

I agree with everything fred knight has said and I know I'll probably get abused for this opinion. I think the Knights definitely needed a culture change but Smith shouldn't be the man to do it

You felt so moved by his argument that you just had to register an account to agree with it? :roll:

Apey

Staff member
Spearhead said:
I agree with everything fred knight has said and I know I'll probably get abused for this opinion. I think the Knights definitely needed a culture change but Smith shouldn't be the man to do it

What difference does it make who does it :?

Gene Krupa

Referee
cardinal said:
yeah smithy snaped his fingers and gave parra a junior network to bring on young talent, :sarcasm: If that is the case then I guess Hags is responsible for all the good juniors coming through at the knights. Hags has never coached a team that does not want to win for the club and for him smithy has twice now. Your administration let a great coach go and the eels are reaping the success.

Wow, it never ceases to astound me at how irrelevant your opinion on the subject of Brian Smith is.

perverse

Referee
meganwig.JPG

new and improved dunce hat 3.0 special edition.

there's a whole pile of them by the door... and i'm sure if you ask nicely Bushy will sign one for you on your way out.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Spearhead said:
I agree with everything fred knight has said and I know I'll probably get abused for this opinion. I think the Knights definitely needed a culture change but Smith shouldn't be the man to do it. I can't understand why fred has been attacked for his opinion? Like Gene or Parki's is gospel.

Haha. One posters. Gotta love 'em.

perverse

Referee
i think if you 'hit-and-runners' take some time to read through the last 10 or 20 pages of threads you will find that the general opinion (which has been arrived at through much debate and discussion previously) is that.. sadly.. this is what the club needed.

macavity

Referee
hey guys lets settle down a bit.

I agree it was a disgraceful effort today.

I agree the players didn't put in today, kids aside.

I too feel almost ashamed of our team.

but not of our club.

Smith is part of the problem. no doubt. but it doesnt follow that getting rid of him will solve the problem.

because the major part of the problem is a lack of professionalism - and commitment - on the part of the players.

and the clean out is the only way forward at this point in our history - I really cant fathom anyone arguing otherwise. The players that are moving on - with perhaps one or two exceptions - are either players that have continually disappointed in red and blue, or otherwise bit players, fine to plug holes, but displaced by exciting youngsters that can plug the holes just as well, but also have the potential to do more than that.

I don't deny that the disruption has contributed to our form slump - but who is really at fault here - the coach that did what needed to be done, or the players that ddn't have the pride to play for their team, their fans, and themselves?