What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutless!!!

fred_knight

Juniors
Parki said:
sorry fred knight

you are the best, i should listen to what you are saying because you are clearly the most intelligent poster in the history of leagueunlimited

can we please install you as caretaker coach? seeing as you are so much better than brian smith?

in your words..... NEXT

Parki, i dont recall saying i was better then Brian, but i will say this, if i was to coach the knights i would have gone about things different, not turned the club on its head, let players go mid season, Forced other players out, agree or not, what they are doing to reyno is a dog act, might not be illegal but its morally wrong, the guy played less minutes but yet made more tackles and runs than some 80 minute players last week, then gets dropped as to not trigger a retention clause with his 15th game? But if thats the type of coach you want then he is here to stay, maybe he can force bedsy off to England a bit earlier..lets wait and see.

but never the less apology accepted

[furrycat]

Coach
macavity said:
hey guys lets settle down a bit.

I agree it was a disgraceful effort today.

I agree the players didn't put in today, kids aside.

I too feel almost ashamed of our team.

but not of our club.

Smith is part of the problem. no doubt. but it doesnt follow that getting rid of him will solve the problem.

because the major part of the problem is a lack of professionalism - and commitment - on the part of the players.

and the clean out is the only way forward at this point in our history - I really cant fathom anyone arguing otherwise. The players that are moving on - with perhaps one or two exceptions - are either players that have continually disappointed in red and blue, or otherwise bit players, fine to plug holes, but displaced by exciting youngsters that can plug the holes just as well, but also have the potential to do more than that.

I don't deny that the disruption has contributed to our form slump - but who is really at fault here - the coach that did what needed to be done, or the players that ddn't have the pride to play for their team, their fans, and themselves?

Great post...

Everyone is going to have their own opinion onw hat is going on and everyone is entitled to it. You had a bad year... we've all had them. And excuse the bluntness, but why the hell are you all going to act like soft-c**ks and whinge and cry and moan about it? Does it help or justify it? No. Accept it and move on and be prepared tocheer loudern ext year. Do you think any sportsperson gets better from getting upset and wanting to slit their wrists, or posting on an internet forum and looking like a drongo? A lot of you look that way...

Passion is great in sport- for players and fans. But there is a point to stop the blame game, look at things objectively and look to the future.

Ben

Bench
Surely from the performance that we saw today, it warrants Smith's decision to clean out the club. If we were a profession unit, in which Smith is trying to bring out in the club, the stuff that happened today wouldn't have happened. It has been described as "gutless", and today's pisspoor performance would certainly not have happened if there was a inkling of professionalism within the club. The performance today by the side, on the exception of Gidley, seems to want to hand Smith a wooden spoon. And if this is the case, then all of the side should be cut. This is definitely not the attitude of a first grade rugby league team. Sure you stand by your mates, but a team should be able to lift in a time of crisis. Ive been looking for his lift for the past three weeks and every week we get flogged.

Gene Krupa

Referee
fred_knight said:
Parki, i dont recall saying i was better then Brian, but i will say this, if i was to coach the knights i would have gone about things different, not turned the club on its head, let players go mid season, Forced other players out, agree or not, what they are doing to reyno is a dog act, might not be illegal but its morally wrong, the guy played less minutes but yet made more tackles and runs than some 80 minute players last week, then gets dropped as to not trigger a retention clause with his 15th game? But if thats the type of coach you want then he is here to stay, maybe he can force bedsy off to England a bit earlier..lets wait and see.

but never the less apology accepted

Hindsight blah blah blah! :roll:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Passion is great in sport- for players and fans. But there is a point to stop the blame game, look at things objectively and look to the future.

Must be easy to say that from the lofty perch of the top four :lol: :crazy:

Whats Doing

Bench
The real problem with the knights today was the shocking defence of Walsh and Bailey.

Walsh was extremely gutless in defence and let in at least 3 tries and missed more tackles than I can remember. I don't care how small he is, if he ain't going to tackle he can go to the local league. Not only was he pathetic in defence, but his attack was atrocious as well. His hospital passes and forward passes shows he is not of ffitst grade standard.

The less said about Bailey the better.

It was only towards the end that the whole teams defence crumbled but Walsh and Bailey were clearly the main perpetrators for this defeat.

As I said 3 months ago, the knights need to find another half back - clearly Walsh and Dureau are not up to it There defence is Z grade.

Finally, all those bagging Smith need to sheet the blame to where it belongs - that is the players. Smith has a great record but inherited a culture of slackness and not putting in the effort which was a legacy of Hagan. Under Hagan there was no attacking structure but players following Joey. I don't recall the knioghts bewing that flash in dewfecnce either.

Give Smithy a break and sheet home the blame to where it belongs - the players and especially the tackle shy halves.

Parki

Bench
phew

i was so scared of upsetting you, the new future coach of newcastle

tell me how often do you get your pitchfork out and go hunting? because maybe ill give smithy a call and tell him theres gonna be a coup tonight, fred knight, the new "hero" of newcastle is coming to take his crown

kirk reynoldson was never worth 240,000 we are running a buisness, not a f**king charity

but daddy, its unethical, its immoral!!!!!!! Manchester United stealing every good junior around the world at the age of 9 is immoral and unethical too, they should be left in australia so they can play their careers out in the a league, because thats the moral thing to do

Misanthrope

Staff member
Smith has been coaching since 84 and has not won a premiership.

Thankyou, Wikipedia!

Hagan has been coaching for seven years and hasn't won a minor premiership. Sure, it's not as long or as glamorous, but some would argue that the minor premiership is a better indication of a team's quality.

jhonny bravo

Juniors
fred_knight said:
ok i see whats happening here gang up time is it, wow you are all so big and brave to jump on the band wagon. pathetic
Band Wagon your the only one jumping on a band wagon with every other nuffy that believes the beat up by hadley and new limited. Wake to yourself.

Spearhead

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
Thankyou, Wikipedia!

Hagan has been coaching for seven years and hasn't won a minor premiership. Sure, it's not as long or as glamorous, but some would argue that the minor premiership is a better indication of a team's quality.

Who cares about the minor premier. It's all about the GF.

fred_knight

Juniors
a business, i thought it was rugby league team, you know, sport? something for the people to cheer for and enjoy watching.

and with regards to man utd buying players at age 9, those players have a choice to go or not, reyno in this case has no choice, he has been shafted.

If you think going about unethically and wrong is going to make you happy when and if we win a premiership then enjoy, i would rather win one on the back of a great team and pride and passion, rather then a bunch of manufactured robots who bow down to Brian Smith and co.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: whatever makes you sleep better at night:lol:

So, forgive me if I've got this wrong but, how many premierships has Hagan won for Parra? Weren't you sitting higher on the table, about 3rd wasn't it, if memory serves correct. That run of losses you're having doesn't seem to be doing your team any good.

I heard that Supercoach is bringing in a secret strike weapon for the finals. Toddy Lowrie! :lol:

Latest posts