What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

Macca

Coach
Ha Ha, I dunno but she had photo's of Bundy in her car. Details are too sketchy . . .

newman

First Grade
So I was in the sports bar at Northies on Saturday night enjoing a few CC avec C with my boys, when at 10 past 12 the band finishes, the lights come on and security come over and say 'thats it boys, nights over'.

A little shocked, my mate tells the bloke that o.k, once weve finished our drinks well hammer off.

"NO. NO YOU WONT BE DOING THAT. FINISH YOUR DRINK ON THE WAY TO THE DOOR. IF ITS NOT FINISHED BY THEN, LEAVE IT ON A TABLE AND GET OUT."

He went up to every table in the joint and did that, and ended up fighting with at least three blokes. Real f**ken intelligent approach to last call.

jc155776

Coach
Why does a pub close at 1230 on a Saturday in Cronulla? Liquer laws?? Are there nightclubs to go to afterwards at least?? Or another pub open till 3ish even for those wanting to keep their hearing and not pay 8 bucks for a rum?

spider

Coach
newman said:
So I was in the sports bar at Northies on Saturday night enjoing a few CC avec C with my boys, when at 10 past 12 the band finishes, the lights come on and security come over and say 'thats it boys, nights over'.

A little shocked, my mate tells the bloke that o.k, once weve finished our drinks well hammer off.

"NO. NO YOU WONT BE DOING THAT. FINISH YOUR DRINK ON THE WAY TO THE DOOR. IF ITS NOT FINISHED BY THEN, LEAVE IT ON A TABLE AND GET OUT."

He went up to every table in the joint and did that, and ended up fighting with at least three blokes. Real f**ken intelligent approach to last call.

They have the rep as the worst security around - that bunch of geniuss at Northies.

Anyone know if its S.V.P.A Security there?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
They have the rep as the worst security around - that bunch of geniuss at Northies.

Anyone know if its S.V.P.A Security there?

Society of Very Peculiar Arceholes?

beekershark

Bench
It's a disgrace.

They served the beers. They served them and took your money, they sold them to you knowing , presumably that it would take maybe, 10 minutes ? 15 minutes to maybe 20 minutes to sit and finish them ?

Then they encourage you to basically knock em down your throats or waste $5 that you paid to get them......surely that's anti RSA policy ?

Close the sh*t hole down I say.

jc155776

Coach
Thats it Beeker.

You'd think they would close the bar AT LEAST 15 mins before shunting everyone out on their ass.

I got a friend who lives in some units above Northies(?) so I will no doubt check the place out still around Chrissy time.

Any hints on what to do when I am down?? Also will be around for New Years. Wheres the places to go/party at/avoid.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
beekershark said:
It's a disgrace.

They served the beers. They served them and took your money, they sold them to you knowing , presumably that it would take maybe, 10 minutes ? 15 minutes to maybe 20 minutes to sit and finish them ?

Then they encourage you to basically knock em down your throats or waste $5 that you paid to get them......surely that's anti RSA policy ?

Close the sh*t hole down I say.

f**k that. Cronulla RSL's schooners are $3.20. You can play snooker for free on a full size table. It has great views and you can watch the boys ripping up the point.

I have been in northies about four times since it reopened. It reminded me of an underground bunker full of ciggy smoke with the gestapo watching your every move.

SirShire

First Grade
It was wonderful yesterday evening, it was where most of the punters ended up and it was a good outing. An excellent crowd at always.

You bastards are hard to please!

And beers are $4 in the sports bar, you pay like 5.50 or something for a pint.

The Nulla #2

Bench
SirShire said:
And beers are $4 in the sports bar, you pay like 5.50 or something for a pint.

I've paid 6.20 for pints in there.

Mango jam is a joke. It is offiically the answer to the worlds worst drinking hole.

Sports Bar is good, if it wasnt for 2nd hand and the TAB life in the sports bar would be horrible.

how was your gillies salmon, you weak weak merkin ah ah ah

SirShire

First Grade
It was OK, I went to Sting Bar while I waited.

Though it was funny seeing your mrs pressing the buttons on his cash register, and then both of them blowing up at each other about pressing the buttons/putting extra sauce on the pizza.

I was a fuggen mess.

Latest posts