What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

coolumsharkie

Referee
wazzashark said:
i was heading down to the new Gymea Pub tonight....

Till i heard from numerous sources that they had a massive power overload and had to turf everyone out and close the doors....

Apparently some huge electrical problem...

Ha ha ha thats funny if its true..

So when does it re-open?

SirShire

First Grade
It was shut down cos it apparently failed its fire inspection or something.

Sweet justice. Northies was much better.

lolesi

First Grade
SirShire said:
It was shut down cos it apparently failed its fire inspection or something.

Sweet justice. Northies was much better.

Good seeing you as always my friend.

The Nulla

Juniors
Congratulations Northies

A sterling performance tonight. The sports bar was pumping, the dogs were running and the dance floor was pumping.

All your sharkies regulars were there. I love it.

Old guys commenting on attractive young females. The place has the lot.

Thankyou for being the premier nightspot in our heaven sent shire.

Love dont let me go

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Nulla said:
Congratulations Northies

A sterling performance tonight. The sports bar was pumping, the dogs were running and the dance floor was pumping.

All your sharkies regulars were there. I love it.

Old guys commenting on attractive young females. The place has the lot.

Thankyou for being the premier nightspot in our heaven sent shire.

Love dont let me go

Is that code for dirty old inebriated ex surfers salivating over nubile young chicks?

spider

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:
Is that code for dirty old inebriated ex surfers salivating over nubile young chicks?

Dont only categorise the surfers Gunna.

I can be dirty and salivate with the best of them.

Bundy

Juniors
Yeah Gunna, I'll give it a go.

1. It's not the Gymea Pub, if you're looking for that you'll find yourself severly disappointed.
2. Nice, clean, modern design, easy on the eye. But hey, it was built from scratch, it'd wanna be!
3. Decent service for somewhere that has just opened. Not too many teething problems early on staff wise so thats a plus. Even in the TAB on Cox Plate Day!!
4. Smart floorplan, will see them turnover some serious cash.
5. Good but not great beer garden.
6. Overall, seems like a good place to go for a beer and a yarn with your mates. Wait to see how it all pans out once the 'flavour of the month' thing has died down.

P.S. Apparently the problem on Friday night was an electrical design problem whereby the place was drawing too much power from the grid and may have caused blackouts elsewhere on the same grid if it had stayed open. Sounds to me like an electrical engineer might find himself in a bit of strife!!!

carcharias

Immortal
I went and looked at a place to buy yesterday right near Jannalli Inn..what is that joint like?
I have never been inside.

good report Bundy.

The Attorney

Juniors
I was at gymea on saturday night the place had a few teething problems but seemed good over all

Problems

Tiny bar
No music
ran out of food (led to me being extremly drunk)
Is across the road form the vinyl room (the place i allways go when i should be going home)

It does look hopefull for the future though. we need another good place for a drink in the shire

jc155776

Coach
carcharias said:
I went and looked at a place to buy yesterday right near Jannalli Inn..what is that joint like?

Its a real pub.

Full of tradies.

I go there with my uncle when I come down who is a local. Everyone knows everyone and seems like a real community.

spider

Coach
Bundy said:
Yeah Gunna, I'll give it a go.

1. It's not the Gymea Pub, if you're looking for that you'll find yourself severly disappointed.
2. Nice, clean, modern design, easy on the eye. But hey, it was built from scratch, it'd wanna be!
3. Decent service for somewhere that has just opened. Not too many teething problems early on staff wise so thats a plus. Even in the TAB on Cox Plate Day!!
4. Smart floorplan, will see them turnover some serious cash.
5. Good but not great beer garden.
6. Overall, seems like a good place to go for a beer and a yarn with your mates. Wait to see how it all pans out once the 'flavour of the month' thing has died down.

P.S. Apparently the problem on Friday night was an electrical design problem whereby the place was drawing too much power from the grid and may have caused blackouts elsewhere on the same grid if it had stayed open. Sounds to me like an electrical engineer might find himself in a bit of strife!!!

I heard the layout is similar to the old layout???

Is this right Bundy?

Maybe they utilised existing refridgeration and plumbing from the old pub???

Has anyone had a browse of the food menu there? If so do you rate it?

spider

Coach
carcharias said:

Been there once Carch. A mate hired the room upstairs for his 30th and put a school uniform dress theme to it. The locals in the pub almost drowned in there saliva when they saw some of the chix. Funny though.

As JC said, seems like a real locals joint. I would not think the trade would be much else. Wasn't Janali Inn the pub where the bloke had no shoes and when asked to put some on he taped pork chops to his feet from a meat tray that was won?

He subsequently slipped on the tiled floor and successfully sued the pub?????