What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

Bundy

Juniors
You're right Reefy, he is a little mental... But he knows it, and he can laugh at it, and thats what makes him so entertaining.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dread said:
Frenzy - as lolesi has confirmed, Bangor Tav's trivia is on for young and old... although the quiz master is f**king disgraceful.. in both appearance and ability to correctly mark a trivia sheet.

Really? What night's in on? Was Wednesday's wasn't it.

If it's still that bloke from last year I agree, he's a disgrace. Gives too many answers out to young chicky babes.

Then again I suppose the airheads have the right to get at least one question correct.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
f**k don't start me on Billy and Panda.

Throw in Critter and Bumper and you have one funny quartet.

:lol: :lol:

Bundy

Juniors
Can't be a generation thing Carch... I'm 27 and a generation younger than Frenzy.

I only know Billy Smith cause I've been involved in the Pub & Club industry in the Shire, that Billy patronises with great loyalty, for nearly 10yrs.

The Attorney

Juniors
I'll weigh into the great northies debate

dont mind the place myself mainly for the good optic and summer atmosphere

As i have gotten older i have come to realize that it isnt the venue that makes a good night its the people you are there with.

Take a good group of mates along to anywhere (even Baulkam hills sports club on a tuesday night) and your chances of having a good time are greatly increased.

Security other patrons and bar staff dont seem to mean sh*t when you're getting on the cans with the lads and every one is having a good time

I have spent some time chasing "good venues" but the company you keep seems to make more of a difference

Bundy

Juniors
The Attorney said:
I'll weigh into the great northies debate

dont mind the place myself mainly for the good optic and summer atmosphere

As i have gotten older i have come to realize that it isnt the venue that makes a good night its the people you are there with.

Take a good group of mates along to anywhere (even Baulkam hills sports club on a tuesday night) and your chances of having a good time are greatly increased.

Security other patrons and bar staff dont seem to mean sh*t when you're getting on the cans with the lads and every one is having a good time

I have spent some time chasing "good venues" but the company you keep seems to make more of a difference

Well said Attorney... and you're right, Baulkham Hills Sports Club on a Tuesday night cab be a great venue.

spider

Coach
I went to Northies with the misus and a mate and his wife after having a bite to eat at Cronulla.

My mate had a couple of beers at dinner. He is good for 10 schooners before getting messy. He laughed at a remark i made when walking up to the bar for our first drink in there.

A couple of Gorillas (bottom end of the labour chain) asked him to leave for being pissed. I asked for the Manager and was told to leave unless i wished to be dragged out.

When asked if standing static had diminshed his cerebrum process he looked stupidly at his offsider then said i still had to leave. Case in point.

There are some good security guys out there - shame Northies does not use them. That is a reflection on the management of the pub.

carcharias

Immortal
BWHAHAHAHAHAAHA
As if you can go to Northies with a bunch of blokes and get on the cans without security fugging it up for you somehow.

Northies is a fuggen toilet purely and simply because of the security guards.
All the other fashion parade, egotistical, Shire attitude fuggen redneck stuff I can overlook ....but the security guards are merkins of the highest order .
..and I usually let them know this on exit.

spider

Coach
carcharias said:
BWHAHAHAHAHAAHA
As if you can go to Northies with a bunch of blokes and get on the cans without security fugging it up for you somehow.

Northies is a fuggen toilet purely and simply because of the security guards.
All the other fashion parade, egotistical, Shire attitude fuggen redneck stuff I can overlook ....but the security guards are merkins of the highest order .
..and I usually let them know this on exit.

Agree Carch - and it emphasises the pissweak so called clowns that actually are employed to manage the pub.

After all the security company is employed by these candlewicks!

spider

Coach
Dread said:
To be perfectly honest, Bangor Tav is where it's at.

The watering hole of our new asst coach.

I drank there for a couple of years. It has its good and bad days. Especially when you try to have a beer and a game of stick and you have knee highs running around the table.

Food is good though.

Macca

Coach
Baulkham Hills Sports Bar is an absolute dive and I still had a good night last night. So I reckon you're on the money Attorney.

Where to tonight?

Bundy

Juniors
Here you go Carch -

http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/smith_billy.htm

In a nutshell...
(from the above link)
One story is that Billy was in attendance when winemakers Penfolds became sponsor in 1977 and a day trip to Penfolds vineyard was organised. The players got on the grape and were having a good time. Following a dare, Smithy had a go at driving the team bus and decided to hide it behind a shed. Then fully clothed, he jumped into the dam and exclaimed he sunk the bus; and everyone believed it. Eventually the bus was found high and dry but club secretary John Fleming was not amused. The officials drove home in the bus, leaving the players behind; who then proceeded to party on, reaping havoc and leaving an embarrassing mess in their wake.

The following week, Billy Smith was shown the door and barred from the club for eight years for his role in the incident.

In all, Billy Smith played 229 first grade games scoring 30 tries, 24 goals and 23 field goals (161 points). He represented NSW 15 times in 1964, 65, 67, 68, 69, 71 & 1973. He played 18 Tests for Australia in 1964-68 & 1970. He played in six grand finals 1963-66, 1971 & 1975, winning on four occasions. He twice won the Harry Sunderland Medal for best Australian player in an Ashes series. Following a smashed jaw in 1969, he came back to captain Australia in the 1970 World Cup.

In 1977 aged 35, Billy Smith finally finished his career in reserve grade but not before passing Norm Provan's club record of 296 all-grade matches. Now a 'St George Legend', Billy Smith will be remembered as a champion footballer who never took a backward step when playing the game he loved.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The following week, Billy Smith was shown the door and barred from the club for eight years for his role in the incident.

The club put on a testimonial for him in 2004 so I suppose all was forgiven.

lolesi

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
Really? What night's in on? Was Wednesday's wasn't it.

If it's still that bloke from last year I agree, he's a disgrace. Gives too many answers out to young chicky babes.

Then again I suppose the airheads have the right to get at least one question correct.

Its is on Wednesday nights as i said earlier.

It is a chick, and as Dread said, she chick is hopeless. Takes forever to add up the stupid sheets, and half of the time its hard to hear the questions.

She has her favourites.

Latest posts