What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hages mass culling of EELS?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh my...People whinged and cringed when the "untested at NRL First Grade level" Jamie Lyon was sought out as a 5/8. Yet they'd love Hunt there.

My my...

parralight

Juniors
Judas did play at 5/8 for a couple of games and bombed.
Hunt has played 5/8 in this years trials and carved.

Dont know how Hunt would go at 5/8 but me thinks he will go better than Judas. Just my opinion.

parralight

Juniors
And Im willing to bet whereever Judas goes nexy year - he will start at 5/8 and will only last about 4 games before being moved back to the centres.

Eelementary

Post Whore
parralight said:
Judas did play at 5/8 for a couple of games and bombed.
Hunt has played 5/8 in this years trials and carved.

Dont know how Hunt would go at 5/8 but me thinks he will go better than Judas. Just my opinion.

Your opinion is cool.

But the bold part is key - he played in trials. Lyon played some 5/8 in the lower grades (I could swear it) and in Wee Waa. And one or two games for St. Helens.

I'm just saying that they're both unproven at First Grade standards as 5/8's, but I believe our general dislike of Lyon is affecting our judgement a tad.

parralight

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Your opinion is cool.

But the bold part is key - he played in trials. Lyon played some 5/8 in the lower grades (I could swear it) and in Wee Waa. And one or two games for St. Helens.

Yep your right,

I'm just saying that they're both unproven at First Grade standards as 5/8's, but I believe our general dislike of Lyon is affecting our judgement a tad.

Yep your right again - in that I dislike the germ... affecting my judgement - perhaps but I still stand by my word that he will not be the superstar everyone thinks he will be next year.

parralight

Juniors
What sort of trainer was judas anyway ? was he a dedicated trainer or more of a laid back rely on his natural abilities trainer ?

Redback71

First Grade
i rekoon luke burt might do ok at 5/8th
any way we need props not damn backs.
id go for thompson to replace morrison and id go for myles or asotasi both would be great.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Redback71 said:
i rekoon luke burt might do ok at 5/8th
any way we need props not damn backs.
id go for thompson to replace morrison and id go for myles or asotasi both would be great.

Re-signing with Cronulla.

The Colonel

Immortal
Peter McPhail was at Norths when we signed him. Plowman is the only "backrower" we ever signed from Brisbane.

The Colonel

Immortal
Not sure about Marty. Someone else might now. I'd like to think he'd still be living comfortably on the money he made from Super League though. He wasn't a bad footballer but he did almost as well as Steve Edmed when contracts were on offer. :lol: