What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hages mass culling of EELS?

btaag

Juniors
I think 2 high profile and 2-4 role players would be great. I am the eternal optimist when it comes to Parra, so I am thinking positive. I still think we would put out a good 17-man squad for 2007 without signing a player, so any players coming-in would be a bonus.
Reflecting on 1999 and 2000 I was depressed that Dean Pay, Jason Smith, Jim Dymock, Stuart Kelly and McKracken were leaving the team with no major signings coming in, but before I knew it, we had the "Baby Eels" doing really, really well.
Hopefully Hagen will turn it around.

PS. I still hope we can make the semi's!

btaag

Juniors
As others have said, I would love Karmichale Hunt to come to Parra......I would much prefer paying him 400k than Jaime Lyon or Gasnier.

For mine, Steve Simpson, Ben Creagh and Karmichael Hunt would be 3 great signings, but they would cost over $1mil between them! :)

parralight

Juniors
We have great backs and with the addition of a couple of hard nosed forwards we will have a great side next year.
The main priority is a good 5/8.

Dont underestimate the importance of a good halves combination and IMO that is the difference between us this year and last year.

K. Hunt at 5/8 and we would be world beaters - I have heard that he really wants to play in this position and I would be estatic if we grabbed him.

parralight

Juniors
And those who dont think that 5/8 / half are that important look at the tigers last year. Take Prince and Benji out of the tigers last year - they finish down on the table . With them they finish first.

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Dragons-winger-Best-signs-with-Raiders/2006/06/25/1151174067441.html

we look set to miss out on creagh me thinks.. alot of people hopped we would nab him.. but doesnt look like it..oh well

Mate, it's way too hard to predict..I honestly believe that if he's the guy that we're after that we'd put in a decent bid for him.

Just remember, just because we're not linked to these guys in the media it doesn't mean that we won't be competative in the market.

jayman

Juniors
eelavation said:
I would be stunned if we don't atleast make him an offer.

yeah definitly... id prefer him at 5/8 then hill.. though it doesnt look like hill's coming here...

jayman

Juniors
i know all good players are always linked with the roosters...but ud think if they dont get asotasi then creagh would be there target..roosters always seem to pull off decent signings..

like u said.. too hard to predict...

parralight

Juniors
eelavation said:
I would be stunned if we don't atleast make him an offer.

well Ive got a good mate who is on the inside at the Broncos (very much on the inside).

According to him, the staff at the Broncos were amazed by how good K went at 5/8 in the trials. K loved it and there was 'gentle' nudges to see if Locky would go back to Fullback and K to 5/8. Apparently Wayne was Ok with the move but Locky wouldnt have a bar of it. - end of that move.

He states that the Broncos want to keep K but they have told him
1. He will stay at Fullback as long as Locky wants to play 5/8 and
2. They will not pay him much more than 200k as they have Darius Boyd as a replacement.

K has told his manager that he wants to stay at the Broncis but he is not afraid to move for the right offer and wants around 300K.

the_eel

Juniors
With absolutely no inside info (unfortunately) i'll make a prediction at who we will get for next season...
1. K.Hunt
2. J.Poore
3. C.Fitzgibbon or S.Simpson

Hell i really don't know just having a stab in the dark....but if we did get these guys i would be extremely pleased!!

jayman

Juniors
good stuff parralight..

i think 300 is a fair indication of hunts worth at 5/8... parra definitly has to make a serious play at hunt..

parralight

Juniors
Ive never seen Hunt play 5/8 and personally I have bigger wraps on Hayne (not at 5/8 but as a footballer) but
Hunt is big, skilful and strong. He is good defensively and loves the ball in his hands, COULD and I only say COULD develop into another Fittler.
A much better punt than Judas at the 5/8 position.

Angry_eel

First Grade
the_eel said:
With absolutely no inside info (unfortunately) i'll make a prediction at who we will get for next season...
1. K.Hunt
2. J.Poore
3. C.Fitzgibbon or S.Simpson

Hell i really don't know just having a stab in the dark....but if we did get these guys i would be extremely pleased!!
i would be glad to be proven wrong but keep dreamin.

the_eel

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
i would be glad to be proven wrong but keep dreamin.

Haha yeh i know...but thats the beauty about football. You have a bad season but you tell yourself not to worry cause next season is gonna get better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parralight said:
well Ive got a good mate who is on the inside at the Broncos (very much on the inside).

According to him, the staff at the Broncos were amazed by how good K went at 5/8 in the trials. K loved it and there was 'gentle' nudges to see if Locky would go back to Fullback and K to 5/8. Apparently Wayne was Ok with the move but Locky wouldnt have a bar of it. - end of that move.

He states that the Broncos want to keep K but they have told him
1. He will stay at Fullback as long as Locky wants to play 5/8 and
2. They will not pay him much more than 200k as they have Darius Boyd as a replacement.

K has told his manager that he wants to stay at the Broncis but he is not afraid to move for the right offer and wants around 300K.

I 100% believe the thing about Locky, especially after Mal got so shirty when Journos confronted him about the situation with the Queensland side.

as for cutie??? I'd start with 380k but I wouldn't go as far as 420K..he would be sensational.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parraren said:
Hayne at fullback & Hunt at 5/8 = =P~

But have we ever nabbed a Broncos player? ever?
Depends what kind of deal he is looking at. if he wants to test the water then there's no way he's going anywhere. if he's adamant at playing 5/8th then you can bet your ass every club with a sh*t 5/8 will offer him a contract.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
Depends what kind of deal he is looking at. if he wants to test the water then there's no way he's going anywhere. if he's adamant at playing 5/8th then you can bet your ass every club with a sh*t 5/8 will offer him a contract.
every club with a sh*t 5/8 we could have some competition for his signature quality 5/8's are a bit thin on the ground

Latest posts