What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hages mass culling of EELS?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Your opinion is cool.

But the bold part is key - he played in trials. Lyon played some 5/8 in the lower grades (I could swear it) and in Wee Waa. And one or two games for St. Helens.

I'm just saying that they're both unproven at First Grade standards as 5/8's, but I believe our general dislike of Lyon is affecting our judgement a tad.
trials aren't much different to ESL. Infact, apart from some of the top teams trials would beat ESL.

Eelementary

Post Whore
My point merely is that in trials you'll see things like:

1. Hindmarsh or

8. Burt

OK, that's an exaggeration. But my point is that trials are experimental games, and thus not a true indication of things.

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:

1. Hindmarsh or

8. Burt

OK, that's an exaggeration. But my point is that trials are experimental games, and thus not a true indication of things.

Or 6. Wagon. :lol:

Suity

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:

1. Hindmarsh or

8. Burt

well people try to play in different places. no different to jamie playing at 5/8th there. Also, K hunt is a future star he'll play good anywhere. He knows he's a star and so wants to use his skill at halves.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong - I would welcome him at 5/8 for the Eels with open arms.

I just doubt it will happen.

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:

1. Hindmarsh or

8. Burt

I think the main reason we begun the season so poorly under Brian Smith, we rarely saw our best team in trials. It hurt us too.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Don't get me wrong - I would welcome him at 5/8 for the Eels with open arms.

I just doubt it will happen.
him coming to the eels in unlikely but him playing 5/8th for whichever team he goes to is very likely. He's smart, he can see if gaz can profit while playing 5/8th then so can he.

Daneel

Bench
Angry_eel said:
him coming to the eels in unlikely but him playing 5/8th for whichever team he goes to is very likely. He's smart, he can see if gaz can profit while playing 5/8th then so can he.

I think he would make a better 5/8th than Gasnier.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Daneel said:
I think he would make a better 5/8th than Gasnier.
thats what i think too. he has the exact situation of Lockyer, he's a good fullback but can be a better 5/8th. and two champion 5/8th never stay in one team.

Daneel

Bench
Eelementary said:
Here's hoping!

Although I wouldn't complain if we kept Green and signed Sims, Poore and Creagh.

As an out of state supporter i haven't seen Green play. I would love to see him play as you all have such high wraps on him. I do hope the first time i watch him isn't in another teams jersey.

Also Sims Poore and Creagh would be great buys. I hope we get at least one of the three.

jk13

First Grade
hunt is virtually the 2nd play maker at the boncos, though he has no.1 on his back, he steps in at playmaker when needed and seems a born natural. his future is 5/8 then possibly lock due to size.

the_eel

Juniors
I'm thinking that we have lost the likes of Morris, Morrison, Widders, O'Dwyer, Cannings (prob), Peterson, McKinnon (Prob) which would have to free up some big dollars...especially Morrison, Cannings.

But then on the other hand we've topped up the contracts of Hayne, Fuifui, ?? not sure who else.....so that would cut back into the cap a little.

But all in all there would still have to be significant $$$ floating around still to get three players in the 250-350k range surely. (I know Eela has already stated that this is the case but i'm just trying to substantiate it in dollars).

Latest posts