What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hame Sele

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Love how Sele plays, no nonsense with a lot of skill.

Would people be open to the idea of perhaps moving De Belin to the front row to replace Packer and moving Sele to lock next year?
Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I know that De Belin has been killing it at 13, he might even play Origin there and his game has lifted leaps and bounds, but this might give us a chance to play De Belin as a Jarrod Wallace type front rower. 60-80 minutes on field, eating metres and throwing offloads, Sele is a natural lock by trade as well.

It will also give us a chance to blood Kerr or Lawrie off the bench for impact rather than throwing them in the deep end by starting one of them.

possm

Coach
Love how Sele plays, no nonsense with a lot of skill.

Would people be open to the idea of perhaps moving De Belin to the front row to replace Packer and moving Sele to lock next year?
Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I know that De Belin has been killing it at 13, he might even play Origin there and his game has lifted leaps and bounds, but this might give us a chance to play De Belin as a Jarrod Wallace type front rower. 60-80 minutes on field, eating metres and throwing offloads, Sele is a natural lock by trade as well.

It will also give us a chance to blood Kerr or Lawrie off the bench for impact rather than throwing them in the deep end by starting one of them.
I've always believe you should never weaken a position to strengthen another. Sims or Ah Mau are the natural replacement for Packer initially - unless we recruit a hard nosed prop. Maybe one on the way out on a two year deal. Kerr and Lewis should be blooded of the bench which means we need to start blooding them immediately so they will be right for 2018.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Sele is a gun and a real keeper
Will only get better no bullshit about him.
All the forwards seem in the zone and just keep backing each other. Love watching them play. They remind me of the 1979 pack. Yes I know a long time ago but that's how it's been since we've had such a ferocious pack.

epDragon62

First Grade
All the forwards seem in the zone and just keep backing each other. Love watching them play. They remind me of the 1979 pack. Yes I know a long time ago but that's how it's been since we've had such a ferocious pack.
You don't consider the 2010 pack as "ferocious"?

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh yes those were the days; Harry Bath's babes.

Oh yes , they certainly were Possum , they certainly were .

IMO the 2010 pack was tough and uncompromising but the 1979 pack were fast and ferocious.
Wynn, Reddy, Starkey, Edge, Young and Stone
Say no more !!

Rocket Rod , that Tom Selleck look a like , Rod Reddy , he had a particular streak of viciousness about him , did he what ! Still anyone that can bash the crep out of Ray Price couldn't be too bad a bloke . :innocent:

FlameThrower

Bench
Matey if the current squad can replicate the 1977 and 1979 squad then I'm over the moon. I only started following the Dragons in 1977 had very little understanding of Rugby League but loved the big Red V.. 1977 also the year that Elvis died ..

ALSGI

Bench
Matey if the current squad can replicate the 1977 and 1979 squad then I'm over the moon. I only started following the Dragons in 1977 had very little understanding of Rugby League but loved the big Red V.. 1977 also the year that Elvis died ..
Watched the 77 GF replay on our first colour TV !!!!! Along with half the bloody street in our lounge room!!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I've always believe you should never weaken a position to strengthen another. Sims or Ah Mau are the natural replacement for Packer initially - unless we recruit a hard nosed prop. Maybe one on the way out on a two year deal. Kerr and Lewis should be blooded of the bench which means we need to start blooding them immediately so they will be right for 2018.

Agree possm
But kerr and lawrie.
Lewis is a second rower