What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Straya Day

Suitman

Post Whore
No it was politically motivated because an article appeared 2 days before that claimed there was OAM bias against women. Another victory for the leftist whinger brigade.

I'll take your word for that comment, and I have no bias in any way regarding the decision. I was just putting forward a possible reason why for the final decision.
It should be almost possible that all nominees should be awarded Australian('s) OTY. They have all been incredible achievers and the decision really shouldn't be state or gender based or biased. It shouldn't be a competition. Just give them all the award as they are all inspirational.

Avenger

Immortal
I'll take your word for that comment, and I have no bias in any way regarding the decision. I was just putting forward a possible reason why for the final decision.
It should be almost possible that all nominees should be awarded Australian('s) OTY. They have all been incredible achievers and the decision really shouldn't be state or gender based or biased. It shouldn't be a competition. Just give them all the award as they are all inspirational.
https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/fed...-admits-governor-general-20201222-p56pk2.html

hindy111

Post Whore
I celebrate and honour the day Christ was killed and later resurrected as does most of the Christian faith. Plenty who don’t even believe in it still take a nice 4 day mega long weekend and eat plenty of chocolate eggs. Why don’t we change that day too?

Cause the Christian faith are ones who insist on having that time off. They aren't against it in any way.

Eelogical

Referee
So much to like about this post, yet so much for the protesters to feed off.

hindy111

Post Whore
There are similarities because someone important died. The only difference is that he came back to life.

That is if you believe in it. I was raised catholic. To my dissapointment I just find it hard to believe in any of it. I feel like the chances in some guy tripping balls of Mushrooms writing this story is an actual possibility which is crazy to think about. Id love there ot be an afterlife. Some people deserve it after the kind of lives they had. All those Aboriginals that where slaughtered for example.

Eelogical

Referee
I know you were responding to Hindy's hypothetical, but I don't changing Easter is the same as changing Australia Day.

Plenty of indigenous and non-indigenous folk want it changed. I reckon it will happen eventually.
Well, the bakery, fish and chocolate companies might want a word with you behind the dunnies.

84 Baby

Referee
We should probably change the date. That way on Jan 31 or May 8 or whatever no one will think of centuries of racism, abuse and whitewash. Although we should also probably make Jan a 25 day month as well just to be sure

hindy111

Post Whore
Some people are being very silly.
I'm on vaccation. I have no time to be silly.

Aus day will either move or fade. It won't last imo on the 26th of Jan.

I give it 3yrs Max.

I don't feel passionately enough either way about it. I can see both sides tbh. Id prob lean to moving it however. But I do not think it would effect me in any way at all.

Latest posts