What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

brothers34

Juniors
lots of detail. Not....... I believe he worst were moss, heather,doran(who i ususally say has a good game) and regan who is another good player but should not be in hallfs he should be in second row or lock.

sweet-as

Juniors
lots of detail. Not....... I believe he worst were moss, heather,doran(who i ususally say has a good game) and regan who is another good player but should not be in hallfs he should be in second row or lock.

Moss didnt really get any chances.
Heather just had a rare off game, all fullbacks drop bombs every now and then.
Doran missed a few tackles, but looked as if he might have injured his arm.
Regan made australian schoolboys playing lock, SO PLAY HIM THERE!!

Tai conceded 4 penalties, and made at least 3 handling errors.
Wilson cannot control his temper.
These 2 players I believe play a huge part in the teams lack of discipline.

Whilst Tai has been in red-hot form, he tries to do too much.
I rate his front row partner Doran just as good if not better, however, he tends to just sit back and relax though, Doran looks like he's living in Tai's shadow and I believe needs a kick up the ass.
This kid Won 2 of the 3 major awards at St mary's last year, arguably the best feeder club in NSW yet he has struggled to perform so far this season.
I hope he, and Tai read this post and start working together otherwise our forward pack will continue to crumble.

brothers34

Juniors
heather is good player just not on at fullback he is constantly out of position at full back in both attack and defense. Moss has had about 4 games to do something and has not done a thing. He is speedy and thats it. I wouldnt have him in the squad.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Isaiah WE know its a 9 game season lol.
And yes half back if they cut down Tai they cut down the team.
And it is also true that the team has no stucture or game plan or even planned moves. as the coach is a more "play it as it comes to you" kind of guy.

I dont know if anyone else has heard this, but when i was at the game yesterday i overheard a Penrith official saying that the Penrith Harold Matthews Coach, George Zahra? is only a 4th Division Emu Plains coach in the Penrith comp.

:):)

George is actually from Hawkesbury club and my dealings with him is nice bloke but definitely not a rep coach.

footyboy7

Juniors
True brothers34, Kieran Moss, has not showed anything in his time with the Harold Matthews. Tbh he does rarely anything exciting for his club team Windsor.

Let me see... If George Zahra is from Hawkesbury he should definatley be coaching Penrith HM SARCASM. Do hawkesbury have a Division 1 team? Seriously give it to a coach that is more qaulified and who should be responsible for one of the more dominant junior rep teams in NSW...

footyboy7

Juniors
Moss didnt really get any chances.
Heather just had a rare off game, all fullbacks drop bombs every now and then.
Doran missed a few tackles, but looked as if he might have injured his arm.
Regan made australian schoolboys playing lock, SO PLAY HIM THERE!!

Tai conceded 4 penalties, and made at least 3 handling errors.
Wilson cannot control his temper.
These 2 players I believe play a huge part in the teams lack of discipline.

Whilst Tai has been in red-hot form, he tries to do too much.
I rate his front row partner Doran just as good if not better, however, he tends to just sit back and relax though, Doran looks like he's living in Tai's shadow and I believe needs a kick up the ass.
This kid Won 2 of the 3 major awards at St mary's last year, arguably the best feeder club in NSW yet he has struggled to perform so far this season.
I hope he, and Tai read this post and start working together otherwise our forward pack will continue to crumble.

I swear you are either a player in the PENRITH COMP, a player in the PENRITH HM, or a PARENT of one of the squad members.

You know way to much for an ex junior league player turned rugby player..
I would love for you to explain basically everything about your knowlegde of these teams.

Fibroman

First Grade
I swear you are either a player in the PENRITH COMP, a player in the PENRITH HM, or a PARENT of one of the squad members.

You know way to much for an ex junior league player turned rugby player..
I would love for you to explain basically everything about your knowlegde of these teams.

I would go for the parent angle. But it's good to see parents having a say on a public forum. That is why Australia is such a great country. We can all have an opinion.

footyboy7

Juniors
Mr Moss. Mr Doran or Mr Heather I would suspect?

Well Fibroman sir, In previous posts it states he is an ex league player who has played with or against some of the Harold Matthews boys, therefore he may be 16.

I doubt it would be Mr Moss, though the other two are possibilities? :) though (HE) did say that Brendan Heather and Jason Doran didnt play very well on the w/e.. so possibilities abound lol!!

Care to Share sweet-as?

Last edited:

*Sandy*

First Grade
It doesnt matter who anybody is. We all have rights to remain anonymous.

Can I just remind everyone here that there is to be no copying of online chats. Naming names. Or anything libel.

Fibroman

First Grade
If you want a good opinion, just ask someone with over 5000 posts. I will go and have a look at a couple of games and give you some real feedback.

murraymob

First Grade
harold mathews and sg ballteams for the weekend

Feb 23 - Panthers Round 3 teams.

Vs Roosters at StMarys Leagues Stadium, Saturday February 28 - 1.00pm Kick off

1. Brendan Heather 2. Clay Robinson 3. Ben Heterick 4. Ryan Wilson 5. Keiran Moss 6. Johnny Tapuaiga 7. Reece Regan 8. Tai Tuivasas 9. Nelson Tua 10. Jason Doran 11. Tevita Vave 12. Jason Antonelli 13. Steve Misevic Interchange: 14. Tyson Iddles 15. Tekina Vailea 16. Aaron Taavale 17. Suniula Fatialofa 18. Teoke Kahuroa 19. Cy Samuels 20. Joel Waddell 21. Tony Santini Coach: George Zahra

Vs Newtown at StMarys Leagues Stadium, Saturday February 28 - 2.15pm Kick off

1. Alistar Beale 2. Alan Eisenuth 3. Malakai Watene-Zeleniak 4. Andrew Pelasio 5. Tori Willie 6. Matthew Moylan 7. Harry Seijka 8. Jake Seaton 9. Blake Rigelsford 10. Samson Sene 11. Cameron Grieve 12. Kilifi Tia-Kilifi 13. Blake Austin Interchange: 14. Solo Alone 15. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi 16. Ivan Taavale 17. Kurt Horton 18. David Biddle 19. Justin Genovese 20. Jonathon Pepa 21. Anaru Matthews 22. Joshua Meehan 23. Duran Ierko 24. Jake Schubert 25. Mathew Penitani 26. Jake Romero Coach: Bob Beveridge

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
should be a interesting round this week with harold mathews playing the rooters who have lost both there opening games.And SG Ball playing newtown who have won both there opening games.Good luck this weekend boys

sweet-as

Juniors
Hey guys I heard that Tai Tuivasa might miss this weeks game due to a knee injury, not too sure just a rumour.

murraymob

First Grade
with the SG Ball team can some of you tell me why vaipuna tia kilifi is coming off the bench is it injury discipline or he just is not playing well enough.He went pretty well last year

footyboy7

Juniors
Apparnetly Tai has a massvie bubble shaped knee. thats gonna be a massive let down.
Btw im not sure if its true but Reece Regan will be playing either lock or second row( rumour )
Vaipuna is only 17, so he is playing well a year above, its only been two weeks but like always he will come good.

I was just wondering how come Jon Pepa hasnt been starting centre for Penrith SG Ball? i think he has more talent then at least one of the guys who is starting there atm.

half_back

Juniors
Apparnetly Tai has a massvie bubble shaped knee. thats gonna be a massive let down.
Btw im not sure if its true but Reece Regan will be playing either lock or second row( rumour )
Vaipuna is only 17, so he is playing well a year above, its only been two weeks but like always he will come good.

I was just wondering how come Jon Pepa hasnt been starting centre for Penrith SG Ball? i think he has more talent then at least one of the guys who is starting there atm.

Tai has a hematoma from a blood clot all sorts of diagnosis being thrown around at moment definetly this week but he will be week to week from that point.

Reece Reegan is playing second row with Tevita Vave moving into the Front row in replace of Tai.

Fair Call bout Pepa and Vaipuna, the pity is that alot of their team mates are running around every week getting game time for Academy while the higher calibre players such as pepa, vaipuna, solo aren't starting and are getting limited minutes.

sweet-as

Juniors
I doubt Vave will play front row, i'd say Iddles and Doran will play front row, regan and vave 2nd and antonelli lock, hopefully misevic will play in the halves, as his kicking game really does lead them round the paddock.

My forcasts for this week are:

Penrith Matts win by 18

Ball by 6

Obviously the matts may not peform how I think they will, considering losing Tai and after last weeks loss.

Good luck Fellas

Latest posts