What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

footyboy7

Juniors
I doubt Vave will play front row, i'd say Iddles and Doran will play front row, regan and vave 2nd and antonelli lock, hopefully misevic will play in the halves, as his kicking game really does lead them round the paddock.

My forcasts for this week are:

Penrith Matts win by 18

Ball by 6

Obviously the matts may not peform how I think they will, considering losing Tai and after last weeks loss.

Good luck Fellas

Really, I think Tevita (Vave) puts in, no matter where he plays.
I dont think Iddles is a Rep Level STARTING front rower.
But i agree with Jas and Reece both starting in the forwards.

Stevie stepped it up a notch last week in the forwards, it will be interesting to see how he goes this weekend if starting in the halves.

Im gonna go both teams by 20+

:):)

sweet-as

Juniors

Stevie stepped it up a notch last week in the forwards, it will be interesting to see how he goes this weekend if starting in the halves.

I agree with you about Iddles, but I think Misevic should play in the halves which means Vave would need to stay at 2nd row.
Another option could be Vave in front row and Tavaale in 2nd.

ashton

Juniors
Sweet-as you seam to have a good knowledge of the Penrith junior league.
Is there any talented players coming through in the next couple of year that you think will stand out?
And is there any talented halves that you think will play in the Harold Matthews in the next year or two?

half_back

Juniors
I doubt Vave will play front row, i'd say Iddles and Doran will play front row, regan and vave 2nd and antonelli lock, hopefully misevic will play in the halves, as his kicking game really does lead them round the paddock.

My forcasts for this week are:

Penrith Matts win by 18

Ball by 6

Obviously the matts may not peform how I think they will, considering losing Tai and after last weeks loss.

Good luck Fellas

Sorry sweet as but they trained last night with Vave in the front row and he been told he playing their on week end. Reegan and Taavale in 2nd row Antonelli at lock. Johnny and Stevie were the halves but they were still undecided on who would eventually play at 6 and 7.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kilkenny will pop down tommorrow and catch up with the Matthews and Ball for the first time this season.

Kilkenny

Coach
kilkenny can you gives a run down on both games kilkenny style

No problems. Unbiased, objective alcohol free assessments. I am looking forward to tommorrow as I always enjoy the junior rep fixtures. Not so much at stake and hopefully Fibroman wont be sitting alongside of me.

isaiah

Bench

confidence is a good thing, even if a little misguided, i think they'll struggle in ball

Fibroman

First Grade
No problems. Unbiased, objective alcohol free assessments. I am looking forward to tommorrow as I always enjoy the junior rep fixtures. Not so much at stake and hopefully Fibroman wont be sitting alongside of me.

Good mate you are. Don't even ring me to offer me a lift to the game.:sarcasm:

Kilkenny

Coach
Good mate you are. Don't even ring me to offer me a lift to the game.:sarcasm:

Matthews went down 30-24 and only a couple of late converted tries made the scoreline look respectable. Roosters who had lost there first two games field a side made up mostly of Penrith Juniors. Very ordinary performance, very ordinary looking side and they are unlikely to figure come finals time. I have read quite a bit from persons posting here about Reece Regan, first time I have seen him and he has a bit of ability but is not a half-back. Five Eight or Lock maybe but not a number seven.

Ball went down 28-26 but again the scoreline flattered us as we scored 16 points in last 8 mintues and could have even snatched it at the death. This was a really flat performance and few players impressed. I thought Jake Seaton (Front Row) and Blake Austin (Lock) were probably the pick and to a lesser degree both Tia Kilifi boys tried hard. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi probably provided the game highlight when he took the ball from a kick off, broke the line ran 85 metres before being dragged down a couple of metres out. It summed up Penrith's day when he knocked the ball on getting up to play the ball with the Panthers certain to score.

Really disppointing performance and these two sides could be the worst Matts and Ball sides we have fielded for quite a few years.

isaiah

Bench
Matthews went down 30-24 and only a couple of late converted tries made the scoreline look respectable. Roosters who had lost there first two games field a side made up mostly of Penrith Juniors. Very ordinary performance, very ordinary looking side and they are unlikely to figure come finals time. I have read quite a bit from persons posting here about Reece Regan, first time I have seen him and he has a bit of ability but is not a half-back. Five Eight or Lock maybe but not a number seven.

Ball went down 28-26 but again the scoreline flattered us as we scored 16 points in last 8 mintues and could have even snatched it at the death. This was a really flat performance and few players impressed. I thought Jake Seaton (Front Row) and Blake Austin (Lock) were probably the pick and to a lesser degree both Tia Kilifi boys tried hard. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi probably provided the game highlight when he took the ball from a kick off, broke the line ran 85 metres before being dragged down a couple of metres out. It summed up Penrith's day when he knocked the ball on getting up to play the ball with the Panthers certain to score.

Really disppointing performance and these two sides could be the worst Matts and Ball sides we have fielded for quite a few years.

thanks, honest and frank game report, well done

ashton

Juniors
Harold Matthews results @ St Marys Today

Western Sydney Academy of Sport 30 beat Newcastle Knights 16

Latest posts