What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Siejka

possm

Coach
Doust likes to collect players for pennies hoping they'll turn into players worth a heap of pounds.

Trouble is that this system is a gamble and the odds are increased or decreased largely according to the ability of the head coach and the player involved.

I hope he is a gun and turns out to be our Albert Kelly!

BennyV

Referee
Doust likes to collect players for pennies hoping they'll turn into players worth a heap of pounds.

Trouble is that this system is a gamble and the odds are increased or decreased largely according to the ability of the head coach and the player involved.

I hope he is a gun and turns out to be our Albert Kelly!

Off topic, but I seriously hate that we didnt look at this bloke. He is an absolute gun, overflowing with talent and enthusiasm and spark! If he isnt in frame for SOO next year (especially over Reynolds) there is something wrong with NSW...

Twenty10

Juniors
He won't play a single game in first grade. So what's the bloody point!!!!!! Unless price has finally realised playing blokes out of position just doesn't work???

Twenty10

Juniors
All this talk of Hastings is such a joke. Honestly he's a kid who's done absolutely nothing.

f**king relax!!

hermidale1

Juniors
TBH, I dont think the club is bending over backwards to give Hastings a free ride to first grade (nor should they)...he needs to know he has to force his way in through hard work and his own skills and form, not have the path cleared for him. It's a lot of work to make the jump from Under 20s and while no doubt Hastings is capable, he needs to work and compete for it. Same with any youngster at any club.

Not sure if that was the point you were making or not, just thought it was worth throwing in there!

Totally agree with you BennyV. Jackson Hastings is still only 17. In fact he could play SG Ball again next year, which I doubt he'll be there. His next contract will be the money one for him, and should see him playing 20's for at least 2 more seasons at minmal. If he is still carving them up, then he'll be knocking on the door of NSW Cup. At least with Harry Siejka the kid has played first grade, and who knows how he'll go. He's been in NZ and obviously wasn't happy being away from family and friends. I say give him a chance. He could turn out to be something good for all we know.

RednWhite

Bench
Harry Siejka the kid has played first grade, and who knows how he'll go. He's been in NZ and obviously wasn't happy being away from family and friends.

Wasn't Harry playing in the NSW Cup?

jenninga

First Grade
Off topic, but I seriously hate that we didnt look at this bloke. He is an absolute gun, overflowing with talent and enthusiasm and spark! If he isnt in frame for SOO next year (especially over Reynolds) there is something wrong with NSW...
Kelly reminds me of Andrew Walker,natural talent.

jenninga

First Grade
Typical,we sign this guy till October THIS YEAR, and whinge because it isn't a Cronk or Thurston.As someone has said why don't we see him play first before bagging the club which for some is their favourite pasttime.
We signed Soward when nobody wanted him and look what happened,we might strike gold with this guy ,or maybe not.
WE ONLY SIGNED HIM FOR THIS YEAR,take it easy.

TheRev

Coach
I dont think anybody is bagging him, just the way the club has gone about it.

May as well chuck Harry straight into first grade (after the bye), even if he struggles its atleast development time, which is pointless spending on Chase. He will definitely take some pressure off Fien, and someone said he kicks goals.. that should be his #1 priority.

Chase back to right centre & up to Pricey what he does with Left Centre (hopefully Cooper is back).

jenninga

First Grade
I dont think anybody is bagging him, just the way the club has gone about it.

May as well chuck Harry straight into first grade (after the bye), even if he struggles its atleast development time, which is pointless spending on Chase. He will definitely take some pressure off Fien, and someone said he kicks goals.. that should be his #1 priority.

Chase back to right centre & up to Pricey what he does with Left Centre (hopefully Cooper is back).
Agree,it seems like last man standing signing,but the guy is talented,has a little 1st grade experience and only wanted a release for family reasons.Gives us an option we need for the halves.

Minh

First Grade
Why is everyone bagging the bloke when they haven't even seen him play. He's a top player and this could be a master stroke by old Dousty.

This,
Give him a fair shot at it, for all I know he could be crap but he could turn out really good and we can invest in other areas.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
If clubs like Canberra won't release players under contract for 2013 what the hell should St G do. I hope Harry plays really well. Soward had pretty much a shocker year and was not in the club's forward plans. I wish another coach had been signed.

Does Smz know if Sam Williams or J Moz coming to the Dragons next year ? Thanks

jenninga

First Grade
If clubs like Canberra won't release players under contract for 2013 what the hell should St G do. I hope Harry plays really well. Soward had pretty much a shocker year and was not in the club's forward plans. I wish another coach had been signed.

Does Smz know if Sam Williams or J Moz coming to the Dragons next year ? Thanks

There are a few here that know whats going on so you will get an answer.

BradMackay

Juniors
What a freaking mess Price has made of 2013. We sack a decent but underperforming 5/8 but keep the useless halfback and then desperately buy a rejected b grade player and have hopes it will make any differences - smacks of using Ben Rodgers.
I can't wait until we sack Price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts