What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Siejka

Saint Anger

Juniors
I think a deal (in principal) with Williams for 2014 and beyond has already been completed.

Might have some decent halves and decent back-up next year by the look of it.

jenninga

First Grade
so the bigger question now is how the warriors have managed to sign Chad Townsend, whilst we get the discard..
Get your facts right,he asked for a release citing family reasons.
I didn't notice Panthers fans rubbishing him,in fact many weren't happy he left Penrith for NZ.

goggles

Juniors
Welcome home young man! For mine it's a good signing, I feel for those of you who can only manage to see negatives at the moment. He may turn out to be a gun, if so it's great...if not, what have we lost?

BennyV

Referee
I think a deal (in principal) with Williams for 2014 and beyond has already been completed.

Might have some decent halves and decent back-up next year by the look of it.

So what happens if Harry does come into first grade this year and kill it? Are we looking at an OVERsupply of quality halfbacks? Would be quite ironic!!!

It's like when we signed Bronson Harrison. Dudes, I'm no oracle or anything. But he's a reserve grader who hasn't made any sort of serious impression anywhere he's been. I hope he turns out to be good. But the odds are ridiculous, especially given he's going to be thrown into either a spoon chasing first grade or reserve grade side surrounded by rubbish and low confidence.

The succession planning and recruitment around the halfback position has been deplorable. Buying this bloke does not let anyone off the hook.

We'd better have Williams under lock and key for 2014. And if we have what conceivable reason could there be for not announcing it so we can at least breathe a little easier? All this bollocks about Kyle Stanley that I've been hearing recently makes me very worried that we've given up on trying to resolve this critical recruitment issue.

RednWhite

Bench
Welcome home young man! For mine it's a good signing, I feel for those of you who can only manage to see negatives at the moment. He may turn out to be a gun, if so it's great...if not, what have we lost?

This...

W.Smith

Juniors
i think the only reason STGI ended up with Harry is coz his manager was shopping him around to beat the June 30 deadline, not sure we actually chased him but who knows, dousty dont discuss that stuff

ive been watching Sjeika since his junior days at Bathurst and onto Penrith where he was pretty good where i thinkj he went onto be Captain of the 20's and did an ok job in a few first grade games and this year ive seen plenty of him and the Vulcans on NSW Cup telecasts and while he hasnt set the world on fire he has just seemed to be playing a link role without taking control of the team which might be more to do with his age and status in a foreign team where he is a newby and playing alongside Vulcans veteran Pita Godinet AND Harry was stuck behind Johnson and Leiluai who have hit good form recently

unfortunately for Harry the Warriors 4 game win streak has seen a huge attitude lift from the NRL squad while he has been in a Vulcans team that has also won its last 4, so if Harry sez his personal situation was affecting his on field form and wants a real opportunity to prove himself Pricey has presented him with one here so it is up to him

i wonderr if his size is an issue but he is very skilful, decent hands, good feet, good kicker, its a no risk no reward signing imo and i hope he can bring something to our mob

Mr Red

First Grade
Get your facts right,he asked for a release citing family reasons.
I didn't notice Panthers fans rubbishing him,in fact many weren't happy he left Penrith for NZ.

if you saw him play with the vulcans you will understand my angle.. IMO warriors would have let him negotiate with other clubs or not resigned him given they have signed Townsend.
but as people have said he's been signed only for this season, probably on peanuts, so no real harm done.
i hope the change of scenery does him good and he has a good next 13 weeks..

Father Ted

First Grade
If he can sing and can still see his boot laces, we might have a real talent in the making.

He was Welsh so it's "not unusual', for a guy from the "green green grass of home' to be able to sing . Why why why Delilah do you ask.

jenninga

First Grade
if you saw him play with the vulcans you will understand my angle.. IMO warriors would have let him negotiate with other clubs or not resigned him given they have signed Townsend.
but as people have said he's been signed only for this season, probably on peanuts, so no real harm done.
i hope the change of scenery does him good and he has a good next 13 weeks..

He may have been playing with frustration at lack of opportunity and with missing his family also.He is a country lad so hopefully being back may help him.
Let's hope so.

Latest posts