What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Siejka

nrlnrl

First Grade
on debut for Cutters against Wyong today :

1-13: Quinlan, Martens, Runciman, Goodwin, Brennan, Ryan, Siejka, Wakeman, Cook, Hickey(c), Mataka, Vea, Matthews Bench: Vidot, Garvey, Vaurasi, Handcock

If anyone on here is at the game, please let us know how he goes

krispyredv

Juniors
on debut for Cutters against Wyong today :

1-13: Quinlan, Martens, Runciman, Goodwin, Brennan, Ryan, Siejka, Wakeman, Cook, Hickey(c), Mataka, Vea, Matthews Bench: Vidot, Garvey, Vaurasi, Handcock

If anyone on here is at the game, please let us know how he goes

So Drinkwater was dropped or injured?

watatank

Coach
Sjieka was ok. Didn't do much, just mainly kicked and distributed the ball. That said, I don't think he was asked to do much and he didn't really do anything wrong. He's game enough in defence. Missed a few goals but most of the tries were scored out wide.

W.Smith

Juniors
Harry started for Drinkwater, looks like Pricey may be fast tracking him for his return to Penrith nxt week

TheRev

Coach
Thought it was strange he didnt start out goalkicking, but did most of it as the game went on.. this is a good sign cause we are desperate, no point persisting with Dugan imo.

Minh

First Grade
Now I hope Price throws him in First Grade straight away no time to waste. He's already got first grade experience, it's now or never and he has half a season to impress.

Minh

First Grade
Yeh I reckon odds on Price won't play him next week even after all the trouble to find a half he'll probably be ignored until round 20 and give him two rounds to impress:roll:.

64 Dragon

Coach
What is the point of signing the kid if we don't play him? I think he will probably play, if not next week but the week after. Surely.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeh I reckon odds on Price won't play him next week even after all the trouble to find a half he'll probably be ignored until round 20 and give him two rounds to impress:roll:.

Yeah your probably right.......I'm really getting peeved with this ones not ready and that ones not ready...in the mean time we are getting ready to get the wooden spoon....for heavens sake give some of these young blokes a go, and I don't just mean Siejka....if were not going to blood them , don't sign them up or wait till some other club will.....

Minh

First Grade
Yeah your probably right.......I'm really getting peeved with this ones not ready and that ones not ready...in the mean time we are getting ready to get the wooden spoon....for heavens sake give some of these young blokes a go, and I don't just mean Siejka....if were not going to blood them , don't sign them up or wait till some other club will.....

Exactly, but I hope he breaks the mould and gives Seijka the rest of the season to stake a claim.

Yessum, I'm tired hearing that line too.

There's a pattern to it. I said it before, I think the whole delay in giving upcomers a go stems more from Steve Price trying to win next weekend's game, week in week out, and less about 'building the team' for the future, and that includes giving young players a go.

But it's worse then that, because he has accumulated a track record of not only pretty much playing the same players, but playing them out of position. That is supposed to be a stop gap coaching strategy which has become the norm with our 1st grade side - and is a tell-tale sign the he is simply trying not to lose.

Playing not to lose as opposed to trying to win, is a negative approach to coaching. It's like getting 4 points in front with 25 minutes to go - shutting up shop and trying to defend that lead instead of trying to score again in order to win.

And now Steve Price's lack of blooding new players is coming back to bite him in the bum, he's got no (or few) options because he didn't sew the seeds he needs to reep now.

And to ALWAYS say this player is not ready and that player is not ready - well it puts too much pressure on them. In my mind surely there are circumstances that warrant giving a young player a go even tho they may not be ready, and they shine because expectations are lower = less pressure. There is never a good time to change or take a risk. If you wait until everything is ideal and perfect then it is not a risk - is it?

In the meantime, juniors surely get despondent.

It's negative coaching. I just wish it would change.

dragondonar1

Juniors
I just wish price blooded a player in halves. Gave them all simple plan just to get used to first grade speed of play. Also hiring a skilled player like Andrew johns to train some juniors into playing in the halves position. This will give them confidence to take control of the team.

redbreed

Juniors
What frustrates me is we have a unbalanced team that just can't compete with the top 8 consistently. As I see it we have an nrl ranking as follows

Fullback - top 4
Wingers - top 4
Centre's - bottom 4
Halves - bottom 4
Second row - top 8
Front row - bottom 8
Hookers - top 8

Not much balance in the team. In our worst preforming areas we have replaced our 5/8 with a player also in the bottom 4 who is also playing out of position So there has been no improvment to the halves what so ever. Taking prior out of the front row which struggles without him and puts him in centre's playing out of position.

I don't even bother looking at the team list anymore nothing changes we take players from a strong position and weaken two more positions and the young players don't even get a look in.

Latest posts