What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

• Yes

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misty Bee

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
Hmmm I agree soccer players are more skillfull at taking a dive and cheating.

This thread is stupid and equally stupid is saying that either of the games require MORE Skill. Yes they require different skills but no its not easy teaching someone and making them a superstar in either of the codes. Whoever said that sidestepping can be taught is frickin stupid, yes one can be told what to do when attempting a side step but after that its their skill.
Different people have different skills in terms of sport. e.g. No one can get tendulkar to curl a soccer ball like beckham but no one can get beckham to hit a coverdrive like tendulkar.

Also, any skill needs perfection but sometimes there are exception like benji marshall. Training and perfection to either of the codes. Young kids can start league at a young age and still be better then the kids who started soccer first. But in anycase best soccer players and best league players are born not made. Just look at pele, maradona, kenny, Lewis or an immortal of any club in either of the sport.

Touche.

I had 4 soccer trolls bagging my claim that, while neither are more skilful than the other, League requires a wide range of skills.

4 soccer trolls bagged the idea, and none of 'em could mount a reason why.

So I guess our theory stands true, to the annoyance of Soccer trolls.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Touche.

I had 4 soccer trolls bagging my claim that, while neither are more skilful than the other, League requires a wide range of skills.

4 soccer trolls bagged the idea, and none of 'em could mount a reason why.

So I guess our theory stands true, to the annoyance of Soccer trolls.

There was no need to post anything with any substance because your post was that pathetic.

You claimed that all a player needs to do in soccer is to beat one man, the goal keeper.

It would be just like me saying that all anyone needs to do in Football is to get past the fullback, which in itself would be a pathetic claim.

B-dos

Referee
Dogaholic said:
There was no need to post anything with any substance because your post was that pathetic.

You claimed that all a player needs to do in soccer is to beat one man, the goal keeper.

It would be just like me saying that all anyone needs to do in Football is to get past the fullback, which in itself would be a pathetic claim.

Exactly.

His post was full of ridiculous calls. I couldnt even be bothered replying.

Schillaci

Juniors
fed_square_gallery__470x276.jpg

AUSSSSSSSSIE AUSSSSSIIE OLE OLE OLE AUSSSSSSSSIE AUSSSSSSIE AUSSSSSSSSSIE OLE OLE

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!1111111111

ali

Bench
That video is from virtually where I was sitting. I got most of the shootout on video, though it's really only good for sound. I dropped my phone in the chaos of Schwarzer's last save, so didn't get the goal. Who cares though. We're going to Germany! And I might be also if I can get tickets.

OVP

Coach
OVP said:
No, really he hasnt got a clue.

Australia actually qualifying for the World Cup ... the biggest event on the world stage bar NONE, is worth sh*tloads.

The ENTIRE WORLD is there, and not just teams ... we are talking the biggest corporations in the WORLD.

Every Country that qualifies is MEGA Rich after qualifying.

Just because EA uses insults and big words, i really wouldnt piss on his opinion .. the guy knows jack sh*t outside his tiny little world. He can bleat all he wants, but only morons pat him on the back and suck his dick whenever he uses insulting words.

The Reality of the situation is that John ONeill, Frank Lowy and Guus Hiddinck dont give a rats arse what the paupers from the Rugby League World think. They will all make squillions from this, and so will Soccer in Australia. Good luck to them all ... im sure they give a sh*t what some nobody from the net thinks, especially when the WHOLE country is totally behind them :lol:. Oh No !! Everlovin Antichrist is against us ... ohhh whatever will we do ? :lol:

So then, why does the petty thugs from the Internet Rugby League community feel so threatened ? Maybe the NRL itself are happy for our Country by qualifying for the biggest event in the world... gee wouldnt the insular geniuss HATE THAT !! Im sure the NRL itself doesnt even give a rats arse about EA's opinion ... so why should you ?

Im surprised EA hasnt given a reply to this ...

you know, the same old dotted quotes he gives :roll: So boring.

Maybe he just has a one-track mind.

gaterooze

Bench
Back to the original question, has the sleeping giant finally awoken in Australia?

We'll let the facts speak for themselves...

The 1st week after the Socceroos win, 3 out of 4 A-League games posted crowds below their average this year. QLD had its worst home crowd for the year.

2nd week after the Socceroos win, both A-League games so far have posted their club's lowest crowds of the year -- 7,921 for Perth and 5,163 for Central Coast.

Oh my...

magpie_man said:
soccer is a bigger threat to afl and union than league.
the afl relies on saturating it's markets, if soccer can gain some momentum in vic, sa and wa, the afl is in trouble.
union's popualrity relies on the success of the wallabies as a team for all the bandwagoners to cheer for, now they have a better alternative. union is in serious trouble in australia imo, but that's another issue...
out of all the australian football codes, the least hostility exists between soccer and league.

I actually agree with that statement about the least hostility lies between league and soccer. I think league and soccer have the biggest number of crossover fans. A lot of league supporters in winter this year support Sydney FC. In Sydney, League and Soccer will live together. AFL and Union especially have the most to lose. The Socceroos could become the number one supported national side. But I think the A League will continue to develop but won't have an impact on the AFL or NRL.

melon....

Coach
gaterooze said:
Back to the original question, has the sleeping giant finally awoken in Australia?

We'll let the facts speak for themselves...

The 1st week after the Socceroos win, 3 out of 4 A-League games posted crowds below their average this year. QLD had its worst home crowd for the year.

2nd week after the Socceroos win, both A-League games so far have posted their club's lowest crowds of the year -- 7,921 for Perth and 5,163 for Central Coast.

Oh my...
Well junior participation is up so thats great news for league. Teach the kids the right skills and then they can grow into league with the ability to become an elite player. You look at someone like Johns and hiskicking game, banana kicks etc, and then when you see an under 15s soccer rep do better it puts things into perspective.

My kids are paying soccer for the first few years of their lives, then they will try league when they are confident with a ball.

innsaneink

Referee
melon.... said:
Well junior participation is up so thats great news for league. Teach the kids the right skills and then they can grow into league with the ability to become an elite player. You look at someone like Johns and hiskicking game, banana kicks etc, and then when you see an under 15s soccer rep do better it puts things into perspective.

My kids are paying soccer for the first few years of their lives, then they will try league when they are confident with a ball.

You better hope they get a good defensive coach then.

I find in the main, though not all, kids that start in league later on find it difficult to go in hard and properly in defense.

You'll be lucky to find an U 12's coach that wants to teach tackling from scratch.

Garts

Bench
not hard to tackle at a Junior level imo, I dont believe too much coaching is needed. I changed from soccer at that age and never had a issue.

Schillaci

Juniors
OVP said:
Im surprised EA hasnt given a reply to this ...

you know, the same old dotted quotes he gives :roll: So boring.

Maybe he just has a one-track mind.
EA...

is that the same bloke that said sokkah is only big in Europe and South America

:lol: :oops:

Latest posts