What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

• Yes

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogaholic

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
So call it Soccer here in the NRL forum.

It's called compromise.

If it's no big deal it shouldn't trouble you to do that.

For the sake of future argument, I agree to that compromise.

I'll call it football in the "Soccer" forum, and Football everywhere else on this site.

Dogaholic said:
For the sake of future argument, I agree to that compromise.

I'll call it football in the "Soccer" forum, and Football everywhere else on this site.

And when you do, you'll end up in a long-winded argument that you can't win, just like this one.

I have no problem with that either.....

sooperdooper

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
In Australia it is soccer
In America it is soccer
In the UK it is mostly referred to as soccer.

it is football in australia previously known as soccer.
yet it is soccer in america, a massive nation. the 'code' in america is soccer but the game is football

sooperdooper

First Grade
ROFL

Weren't you the one who said that Soccer sold more Jerseys in Australia than League and AFL combined...?

I think you were.... lol

i am the one who said there would be more football jerseys sold in australia.

more than nrl jerseys and afl combined. think how many manchester united,arsenal,chelsea, real madrid, juventis, ac milan, england,australia jerseys have been sold?

sooperdooper said:
i am the one who said there would be more football jerseys sold in australia.

more than nrl jerseys and afl combined. think how many manchester united,arsenal,chelsea, real madrid, juventis, ac milan, england,australia jerseys have been sold?

Yeah, like I said, Soccer jerseys.

You talk a load of bullsh*t. I can't recall the last time I saw a Soccer jersey on someone.

Either find and post the figures to prove your stupid statement or don't think anyone will accept it as fact.

I'm that confident that you're talking sh*t that I'll offer you the following bet;

If you can prove it from independent source(s), I'll leave LU, if you can't prove it, you leave LU.

Dogaholic

First Grade
And when you do, you'll end up in a long-winded argument that you can't win, just like this one.

I have no problem with that either.....

Whoops, sorry mate...I actually agreed to your compromise.

I meant to say that I'll call it Soccer everywhere on this site apart from the "Soccer" forum where i'll be calling it Football.

Mr Saab

Referee
sooperdooper said:
it is football in australia previously known as soccer.
yet it is soccer in america, a massive nation. the 'code' in america is soccer but the game is football

it is soccer in Australia and America...its as simple as that.

Dogaholic said:
Whoops, sorry mate...I actually agreed to your compromise.

I meant to say that I'll call it Soccer everywhere on this site apart from the "Soccer" forum where i'll be calling it Football.

Onya. I thought you were being sarcastic. lol

And to make it even, when I post in the Soccer forum in future, I'll call it Football.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Onya. I thought you were being sarcastic. lol

And to make it even, when I post in the Soccer forum in future, I'll call it Football.

champion!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
Yeah, like I said, Soccer jerseys.

You talk a load of bullsh*t. I can't recall the last time I saw a Soccer jersey on someone.

Either find and post the figures to prove your stupid statement or don't think anyone will accept it as fact.

I'm that confident that you're talking sh*t that I'll offer you the following bet;

If you can prove it from independent source(s), I'll leave LU, if you can't prove it, you leave LU.

do you ever get outside of your home?
i never said these were facts, this is based on my opinion in which i think we have a valid case.

dubby

Bench
sooperdooper said:
it is football in australia
No its not. Its soccer. Only a minority call it football. Aussies call it soccer. Americans call it soccer. Only a select few persist with soccer. I suspect they have an ethnic background.

eelandia

Juniors
dubby said:
No its not. Its soccer. Only a minority call it football. Aussies call it soccer. Americans call it soccer. Only a select few persist with soccer. I suspect they have an ethnic background.

presume ethnic also means english, scottish, welsh and irish?

sooperdooper said:
do you ever get outside of your home?
i never said these were facts, this is based on my opinion in which i think we have a valid case.

You don't have a valid case because you're a demented fool.

And I see you're not prepared to take the bet.

No surprise.

Latest posts