What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

• Yes

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OVP

Coach
dubby said:
EA, you really have a bite to your posts dude...

No, really he hasnt got a clue.

Australia actually qualifying for the World Cup ... the biggest event on the world stage bar NONE, is worth sh*tloads.

The ENTIRE WORLD is there, and not just teams ... we are talking the biggest corporations in the WORLD.

Every Country that qualifies is MEGA Rich after qualifying.

Just because EA uses insults and big words, i really wouldnt piss on his opinion .. the guy knows jack sh*t outside his tiny little world. He can bleat all he wants, but only morons pat him on the back and suck his dick whenever he uses insulting words.

The Reality of the situation is that John ONeill, Frank Lowy and Guus Hiddinck dont give a rats arse what the paupers from the Rugby League World think. They will all make squillions from this, and so will Soccer in Australia. Good luck to them all ... im sure they give a sh*t what some nobody from the net thinks, especially when the WHOLE country is totally behind them :lol:. Oh No !! Everlovin Antichrist is against us ... ohhh whatever will we do ? :lol:

So then, why does the petty thugs from the Internet Rugby League community feel so threatened ? Maybe the NRL itself are happy for our Country by qualifying for the biggest event in the world... gee wouldnt the insular geniuss HATE THAT !! Im sure the NRL itself doesnt even give a rats arse about EA's opinion ... so why should you ?

OVP

Coach
El Diablo said:
how many times did you use his nick in one post?

getting you wet eh

And here's another genius who know's jack sh*t...

But he doesnt even have his own tiny world to deal with ... he's an Eels fan

:lol: :lol: @ The Devil ... ohhh scary :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
so how many bandwagons is this you've jumped on?

must be at least 4 or 5 in as many months

you'll back a winner sooner or later

OVP

Coach
El Diablo said:
so how many bandwagons is this you've jumped on?

must be at least 4 or 5 in as many months

you'll back a winner sooner or later

I have one bandwagon

The Roosters and Australia

i bet you dont even have Australia there do you, Mr Devil ? :lol: that cracks me up :lol: The Devil :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
one bandwagon :lol:

funniest thing i've read all week

you'll be on Brazil or some other mob come the Soccer world cup final

OVP

Coach
El Diablo said:
one bandwagon :lol:

funniest thing i've read all week

you'll be on Brazil or some other mob come the Soccer world cup final

Ummm so you dont regard your own country as important ? And you have the hide to criticize Sanjay. Disgusting !!

p.s. i commented about you in another thread in this forum ... you'll have to use your powers of Devillish deduction to find it though :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
i don't regard Soccer as important

doubt i'll ever watch a game. didn't last WC and won't next one. can't stand the game.

i'm flattered you're following me around though

don't expect the favour returned

OVP

Coach
El Diablo said:
i don't regard Soccer as important

doubt i'll ever watch a game. didn't last WC and won't next one. can't stand the game.

i'm flattered you're following me around though

don't expect the favour returned

You followed me, Mr Devil.

As you always do. Want proof ? Look above you.

Humphrey

Juniors
You guys arent gonna suffer like we are over the Tasy. NZ getting the 2011 World Cup Rugby is gonna give our great game a f*cking big hiding

slamminsam246

Juniors
That's right, those Aussies that faced that atmopshere in Montevideo, and ran their guts out for 120 minutes for the Aussie shirt in Sydney have no toughness or courage.

I didn't say the Aussies didn't have toughness or courage, I'm saying the sport (with its reputation for dives) is not a true mans game.
I've seen soccer players roll on the ground and pretend their in agony after a small trivial clip. Rugby League players would laugh if it ever happened to them - they are tougher than that. That kind of thing (diving) drags down soccers name. Fair Enough - Aussies did us proud in Montevideo and to a greater extent in Sydney, but the game was full of 'dives' and that IMO is very unmanly. That is why I believe soccer is crap.

innsaneink

Referee
slamminsam246 said:
I didn't say the Aussies didn't have toughness or courage, I'm saying the sport (with its reputation for dives) is not a true mans game.
I've seen soccer players roll on the ground and pretend their in agony after a small trivial clip. Rugby League players would laugh if it ever happened to them - they are tougher than that. That kind of thing (diving) drags down soccers name. Fair Enough - Aussies did us proud in Montevideo and to a greater extent in Sydney, but the game was full of 'dives' and that IMO is very unmanly. That is why I believe soccer is crap.

Exactly why I cant stand wwf 'wrestling', I know its all crap, you know its crap, they know its crap, everyone knows its crap...thats passed off as entertainment.....but at least the entire WWF community accepts its crap, fine if they wanna watch it OK....but this is WC soccer, supposedly the biggest thing in the world, Proffesional sport....yet we have these pathetic drama queens begging for penalties and qualifying for oscars every 4 minutes...f**k me...gimmee someone like Kostya Tszyu that just goes out and does what he does....well.... with out all the gimmicks.
If they cut that crap outta the game, it would do a lot for it imo.
Difficult I know, refs arent doctors and cannot determine a genuine injury froman audition, but surely thered be something they could do to stamp out this blight on the game.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I agree with your points regarding diving, unfortunately we had one of the worst examples of it on Wednesday. You'll have to take my word that it is quite rare to see play-acting like that (Although when the South Americans play...). But to write of a sport for something like that is a bit narrow-minded in my opinion.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
I agree with your points regarding diving, unfortunately we had one of the worst examples of it on Wednesday. You'll have to take my word that it is quite rare to see play-acting like that (Although when the South Americans play...). But to write of a sport for something like that is a bit narrow-minded in my opinion.

Who said I wrote it off?

I dont follow it, my prerogative, though when the Aussies are playing I'll take an interest.
I was commenting on one of the negatives of the game, Ive commented elsewhere on the skill and positives of it as well......hardly writing it off.

Razor

Coach
We still have a weak league where our top players don't play in it.

That's to do with our population. Australia is never going to be able to afford to pay the mega-millions to players. If League was as popular in Europe as soccer is, then no top RL players will be playing here either.

Tommy Smith

Referee
slamminsam246 said:
LOL! not a man's game. I think i'll use you and that comment the next time i write an assignment about misguided masculinity in Australian society.

Rugby League players dive alot these days. Happens a few times every week. Even happens in the AFL alot when players try to milk a free kick. Its part of the game unfortunately and is called gamesmanship.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
Charlie Saab, you lost any credibility with your comment about them calling it soccer in the UK. Most followers of the game over there will abuse you if you call it that, I'd know. There are now only 3 countries in the world where it's officially called soccer, NZ,USA and Canada. You want to be grouped with them?

It's definitely referred to as Soccer in Korea and quite possibly Japan as well.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
Rugby League players dive alot these days. Happens a few times every week. Even happens in the AFL alot when players try to milk a free kick. Its part of the game unfortunately and is called gamesmanship.

Craig Gower has diving down to a fine art amongst others.. lol

nuggles

Juniors
Did anyone else get sick of hearing those heavilly accented voices of fans telling us after the game that "this is what it means to be Australian"?
In Sydney, excepting the bandwagging cafe-latte set (Swans) and the chardonnay swilling Rugby Union mob, the NRL will never fail to dominate.