What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

Has the Sleeping Giant Finally Awoken?

• Yes

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eelandia

Juniors
dubby said:
They're commonly known as Pommies..idiot

So pommies call it soccer then, or is it only ethnics as your inbred country bumpkin brain has suggested - you bloody goose.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I call "soccer" football cos the name makes sense. Also because none of the league or union fans I know call their game football, they call it "league" or "rugby" (yes, in NZ rugby union is rugby I'm afraid.) Calling league or rugby "football" is something I would expect to hear very occasionally from someone middle-aged or older.

However, if I was talking to someone who wasn't a soccer fan, I would probably call it soccer. Using the word football doesn't make much sense in general really, it's so confusing.

sooperdooper said:
please state how i am in correct?

FFS....

sooperdooper said:
it is football in australia previously known as soccer.

No, the vast majority have always called it and still call it Soccer.

It was not previously known as Soccer, it is known as Soccer.

sooperdooper said:
yet it is soccer in america, a massive nation. the 'code' in america is soccer but the game is football

No. the game is Association Football, not Football.

As there is Rugby League Football, Rugby Union Football, Australian Rules Football, American Football etc etc etc.

Soccer does not own the term Football, and never will.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Charlie Saab, you lost any credibility with your comment about them calling it soccer in the UK. Most followers of the game over there will abuse you if you call it that, I'd know. There are now only 3 countries in the world where it's officially called soccer, NZ,USA and Canada. You want to be grouped with them?

Raider Ultra said:
Charlie Saab, you lost any credibility with your comment about them calling it soccer in the UK. Most followers of the game over there will abuse you if you call it that, I'd know. There are now only 3 countries in the world where it's officially called soccer, NZ,USA and Canada. You want to be grouped with them?

Hang on a minute....

It's officially called Football here is it?

According to whom?

Raider Ultra

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
You move on dimwit.

Soccer doesn't own the term Football.

It's a generic word.

You are hypocritical beyond belief. You claim no one owns the term football, then you ark up when soccer is referred to it as it. If no one owns it, why can't we label any sport we want with it? Soccer owns the terms as much as league does. Now I expect you to start using childish insults as you have no argument left.

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider Ultra said:

ok i will admit i was wrong about the UK part ( i really meant parts of England really) I heard wrong. Happy.

But you forgot a nation...there are 4...Australia, is the one you missed out on.
Australia will never call soccer "football". Never. Australia wont conform to other nations like in the Sth Americas and Europes. Never.
Australia is a uniqe country, more so than any other as we have 3 codes in AFL, NRL, and Union....all referred to as football

B-dos

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
In Australia it is soccer
In America it is soccer
In the UK it is mostly referred to as soccer.

That last bit must be a joke surely. It is called Football throughout all of Europe. No doubt about that.

RL has a right to call it's self football
AR has the right to call it's self football
And football sure as hell has the right to call it's self football!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Soccer is Soccer

always will be

will never be called football here despite what some whingers want

dubby

Bench
eelandia said:
So pommies call it soccer then, or is it only ethnics as your inbred country bumpkin brain has suggested - you bloody goose.

Now you're jumping to conclusions.

If me using the term "ethncis" makes me an inbred bumpkin, then you must be a part-Mediterranean Descendant, left wing homosexual with a desire to save whales, you dream of holding up the soccer world cup while holding hands with Harry and Mark, and support the removal of religion from our society. And you want to ban Santa.
'
:roll:

Raider Ultra said:
You are hypocritical beyond belief. You claim no one owns the term football, then you ark up when soccer is referred to it as it. If no one owns it, why can't we label any sport we want with it? Soccer owns the terms as much as league does. Now I expect you to start using childish insults as you have no argument left.

Dickhead.

You use the term Football to describe Association Football in the NRL section of a Rugby League community.

I don't ark up in the Soccer section......

But you ark up here......

f**k noah..

slamminsam246

Juniors
Some could argue AFL is football - especially Western Australians (sorry if someone has mentioned this). It doesn't matter what you call it, but in a Rugby League forum 'footy' should mean League and Soccer should mean soccer. If you wanna call soccer football go to a friggin soccer site!

Can anyone tell me how this is League Related? I come here to read peoples opinions and news on Rugby League. Soccer is a crap, pansy sport. You need skill but you don't need strength and toughness or even courage to be good - unlike league. For example: If someone'dives' in Rugby League there is an uproar for being a bad sportsman and a cat (Ben Kennedy in Origin - even though I believe he wasn't faking it). In soccer there are dives every three minutes. It's pathetic IMO

Dogaholic

First Grade
slamminsam246 said:
Soccer is a crap, pansy sport. You need skill but you don't need strength and toughness or even courage to be good - unlike league.

you are a moron and have no clue!

I agree with one thing though, this should either go to TFC or the Soccer forum

eelandia

Juniors
dubby said:
Now you're jumping to conclusions.

If me using the term "ethncis" makes me an inbred bumpkin, then you must be a part-Mediterranean Descendant, left wing homosexual with a desire to save whales, you dream of holding up the soccer world cup while holding hands with Harry and Mark, and support the removal of religion from our society. And you want to ban Santa.
'
:roll:

read my posts and you'll know I call it soccer and have little interest in the sport.

And the rest of your diatribe proved you must be an inbred country bumpkin who hasn't been outside of the farm fence his whole life.

Why is it that you are always the first to resort to insults in any forum - makes decent folk like myself react and lower ourselves to your uneducated level. I won't do it again - from now on Dubby is dubbed.

Raider Ultra

Bench
slamminsam246 said:
You need skill but you don't need strength and toughness or even courage to be good - unlike league/QUOTE]
That's right, those Aussies that faced that atmopshere in Montevideo, and ran their guts out for 120 minutes for the Aussie shirt in Sydney have no toughness or courage.