What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasnt Been A Jamie Lyon Thread For A While

Mr Saab

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
It's why he is pretty much first in line after Joey. Even when he is out of form, he isn't the one to let the team down.

He is solid, but in rep football you need more than solid.
Johns had QLD mesmorised even before he touched the ball...Johns is in the Wally Lewis class for what he brings to the team in terms of confidence.
When you are a player and you see Wally next to you or Johns you just know they will have your back. Gower just isnt it, but then no one NSW has as far as 7s go can bring what Johns did to the table

nqboy

First Grade
Fluffy said:
why dont we get benji since qld has a few kiwis i see no reason why we should be allowed at least 1
And SBW, take him as well. With his injury record, chances are we wouldn't have to play him anyway.

simon says

First Grade
skeepe said:
Carney is far better than Mullen, and as long as the selectors can remove their anti-Canberra bias, will be wearing the sky blue number 6 this year.

ROFLMAO.......:lol: :lol:

You guys just keep on keeping on.

Thanks....:lol: ...

skeepe

Immortal
All you Carney knockers have no clue. The proof will be in the pudding this season, that's for sure.... and I'll be warming up some humble pie for each and every one of you.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No need Skeepe as Carney has about the same chance as me getting picked instead of Lockyer for QLD! The halves IMO will be either:

Mullen/Gower
Finch/Gower
Dykes/Kimmorley
Anasta/Sherwin
Holdsworth/Sherwin

kooriguy

Juniors
presto and gower reunited in the sky blue.. not out of the question expect a mamoth year from presto and gower is a super competiter and has done the job before and p.s. they still pick mason so shut it

lockyno1

Post Whore
You pick Gower, you have no chance. You are better off taking a few risks. I like the Holdsworth/Sherwin combo and IMO that could be the best one NSW have.

Azkatro

First Grade
5 blokes have played 10 or more games at 5/8th in Origin - Wally Lewis, Laurie Daley, Brad Fittler, Brett Kenny and Kevin Walters. Compare them with some of the names being offered above and feel free to laugh.

Azkatro

First Grade
skeepe said:
Holdsworth is a sandgroper. I wasn't aware he was eligible.
There's a more complete list here: http://rugbyleagueproject.com/players/replist/?pos=fe.

Here is a quick list of players who have played at 5/8th at any time in the last couple of years, eligible for NSW. Ones in bold have already played rep footy.

New South Wales
Ben Hornby
Braith Anasta
Brett Finch
Brett Hodgson
Kurt Gidley
Luke Lewis
Mark Gasnier
Matt Geyer
Preston Campbell
Reni Maitua
Scott Hill
Trent Barrett
Adam Dykes
Ben Rogers
Daniel Fitzhenry
Daniel Holdsworth
Dean Young
Jamie Soward
John Morris
John Sutton
John Wilson
Justin Smith
Michael Monaghan
Michael Sullivan
Shane Elford
Todd Carney
Todd Lowrie
Todd Polglase

Snoz

Juniors
you would consider hornby, matiua, gidley, anasta & lyon

i really think lyon will play well as a 5/8

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Holdsworth is a sandgroper. I wasn't aware he was eligible.

Pretty sure he is eligible, and he is by far the best no6 NSW have. Mullen would be my 2nd pick.

Raider Azz

Bench
im not sure why some people say carney has no chance of being selected but then go ahead and throw mullen up as a chance? if mullen has a chance, so does carney IMO.

in saying that, i don't think either of them are ready for origin just yet.

skeepe

Immortal
Raider Azz said:
im not sure why some people say carney has no chance of being selected but then go ahead and throw mullen up as a chance? if mullen has a chance, so does carney IMO.

in saying that, i don't think either of them are ready for origin just yet.

Agree, even though I did bring up the prospect of Carney playing.

I really don't know why Mullen is regarded as such a prospect by so many. All he's done is kick a field goal. Carney's kicked a few match-winning field goals, all under enormous pressure. He's also shown more potential in the games he has played.

The real kicker though is the junior rep teams. Carney has consistently been selected for both NSW and Australia, where has Mullen been?

Latest posts