What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne cleared to play

murraymob

Coach
getting suspended now comes down to what jersey you wear not what you do.Penrith have coped it from the refs for a long time now we become the scape goats for the golden boys Hayne and thurston

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lewis did put him on his head though. It was dangerous and a grade 1 was fair. Not the NRL's fault that Lewis has a prior offence. If he had a clean record he'd be playing in Origin 2!

Ant

Juniors
Yeah you would have to say that recent decisions make the judiciary a bit of a joke.
I am a blues and eels fan, but how did Hayne get off when he clearly headbutted a player. I know it wasn't that hard, but it was clear and in front of the cameras.
Then slater gets off because he apparently missed Hayne, I'm sure he made some contact.

It does seem that for leading players there are a different set of rules.

In saying that like most people I am glad they are both playing next week, but in the grand scheme of things it sends the wrong message.

Charlie124

First Grade
Luke Lewis is a good bloke and im sure nobody could accuse him of being a dirty player but he's rightfully suspended for a clearly illegal tackle, im sure there was no intent in it - it just went wrong but that doesnt change the fact that he put his hands between the legs and lifted him above the horizontal, he was always going to get suspended.

Billy Slater can just count himself luck that his forearm missed its intended target. Its as simple as that. Had he connected with it he would have been suspended for striking, fortunately for him there is no such thing as attempted striking.

Jonathon Thurston used some big bad swear words while talking to the referee, he didnt swear AT the referee (there is a huge difference) and was never ever going to be suspended for it. People drawing comparisons between him and Johns need to understand the differences in the cases.

Jarryd Hayne clearly and deliberately headbutted Slater and should have been suspended, no question. I thought this one was the most clear cut one of the lot and that he was just wasting his time by bothering to fight the charge.

AuDragon

Juniors
This judiciary has become a circus.
Can't believe they used Lewis as a scapegoat to allow both boofheads to play, especially when he is by far the most correct player of the three.

I do hope Hayne plays FB as he is worth at least twice as many points for Qld with his defense, than for NSW with his attack. :p

zippee

Juniors
Lewis did put him on his head though. It was dangerous and a grade 1 was fair. Not the NRL's fault that Lewis has a prior offence. If he had a clean record he'd be playing in Origin 2!

I'm sure Lewis did have a clean record

mickdo

Coach
I'm sure Lewis did have a clean record

You'd be wrong. A dangerous throw grade 1 is 125 points, or 94 points with an early guilty plea (thus avoiding suspension). Lewis's throw earned 140 points with an early plea, so he would have had loading from an earlier offence in the last 2 years, and possibly carry over points.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Let's hope Billy doesn't miss with the elbow this time!

Thats the spirit!! Good stuff

On topic, ROFL OMFG!! I can not believe how stupid the judicury is. He CLEARLY struck him with his head and then got let off on a technicality!!

Oh Origin just got a hell of alot better!!

Shame about Lewis, I thought he was very very important to us, but im sure Hindmarsh can fill his roll just as well.

murraymob

Coach

he has a clean record.His loading came from a early plea 2 years ago.Hayne has fronted two times in less than a year and walked both times.Clearly one rule for one and another rule for another.perhaps he should have swore and head butted on the way down

hellteam

First Grade
Yesss I have no idea how he got off (same as thurston), but I'm very happy that he did. Didn't want to see us play a hayneless nsw team, hope him and slater have some payback during the game

lockyno1

Post Whore
You'd be wrong. A dangerous throw grade 1 is 125 points, or 94 points with an early guilty plea (thus avoiding suspension). Lewis's throw earned 140 points with an early plea, so he would have had loading from an earlier offence in the last 2 years, and possibly carry over points.

Yep had loading on a non-similar offence from memory. It was stupid and there was no way you could defend that. Seriously what was his excuse..it was laughable at best and rightly got suspended. You cannot dump a player on their head and walk free.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Gutted for Lewis. There was no intent in the tackle, it was just a tackle gone wrong. Hayne is a grub but NSW need him. Atleast Lewis won't risk further injury playing for the Blues and he'll be right for Penrith.

bonestorm

Juniors
It's mystifying that Hayne got off. It really is.

Thurston should have been given a week for his outburst as well, it's unacceptable behaviour and has no place in the game.

Slater had no case to answer imo, it amounted to a bit of a cheap shot in the back but that kind of thing happens every game. It was magnified just by the fact that it followed the fight with Hayne.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gutted for Lewis. There was no intent in the tackle, it was just a tackle gone wrong. Hayne is a grub but NSW need him. Atleast Lewis won't risk further injury playing for the Blues and he'll be right for Penrith.

Intent does not come into it- it was not graded as intentional. It was a careless tackle and was graded that way. Mind you Lewis being out is better for NSW anyway as they might stop hyping this good club footballer to be anything more than that!

abpanther

Staff member
Intent does not come into it- it was not graded as intentional. It was a careless tackle and was graded that way. Mind you Lewis being out is better for NSW anyway as they might stop hyping this good club footballer to be anything more than that!

Your stupidity knows no bounds....

The Tank

Bench
IMO Hayne, Slater, Lewis, and Thurston should all have been suspended for their offences. It's astonishing that Slater wasn't even charged by the MRC and even more astonishing that Hayne got off - seriously, how the f**k do you get off which such damning evidence against you.

jarro

Juniors
Slater got off because no contact was made.

Hayne got off because he walked in there and dropped his daks and bent over in front of the panel of homosexuals.

Latest posts