What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Butters

Bench
It was unfortunate, There was nothing in it, Like Cayless's knee to Patten. Unfortunate.

That must be why Goodwin stayed down after copping all the force from Hayne's knees to his head.

Haha and comparing Patten falling onto Cayless's and Hayne sliding in knees first to Goodwin just shows you've got no idea. Try posting without hitting the bong first. :lol:

bileduct

Coach
The only thing Hayne should be suspended for is not caving that piece of sh*t's head in.

Nothing at all in it and Hayne will play next week, as it should be.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
The other thing against him is that it was very late.

He knew what he was doing.

I think you were watching it in the slow motion replay. It was a fraction of a second, he was already committed before the ball touched the ground. Look at Burts try, Hasim wasn't even in the screen when Burt grounded the ball, and then came flying in. Of course, he was going in head first, but he had the distance to lunge in. Hayne was way to close to try to get under the ball head first.

aspiring

Juniors
Hey i signed up just to weigh in on this. He MUST be suspended. If Bryce Gibbs gets suspended this incident was no different. Obviously the refs and video refs thought he led in with the knees, hence the 8 point try. So Merrit - suspended. Gibbs - suspended. Hayne - must be suspended. If not it is obvious the NRL is grooming him as next years poster boy, and will make a joke of a competition. Cam Smith missed it and so should Hayne. Dog act.

yosemite

Juniors
Hayne has no case to answer . Nothing in it imo.

Comparing Bryce Gibb's incident to his is like chalk and cheese. Gibbs act was pre-meditated and deliberately led in with his knees into the back.
Hayne was trying to avoid Goodwin and collected him with his thigh muscle at a 45 degree angle in an attempt to stop the try.

munge

Juniors
ill never acuse it of being deliberate, but its at least careless

can someone defending hayne please tell me what else could of happened? if he was trying to make a tackle he would of gone in with his arms and his chest. going in with the knees is only going to result in the knees to the back or head

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
If that was Billy Slater, rest assured majority of people on here would be blowing up! Being Hayne and the fact he playes for Parramatta, he'll get off.....

No such thing as a consistent judiciary.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
ill never acuse it of being deliberate, but its at least careless

can someone defending hayne please tell me what else could of happened? if he was trying to make a tackle he would of gone in with his arms and his chest. going in with the knees is only going to result in the knees to the back or head

Careless, arguably. I believe he was trying to slide under the winger so the ball would end up around his chest, allowing him to keep it held up. This is my explanation for it as he has done similar things many times to hold up the opposition attacks in goal. Many other teams have done similar. He was a bit late though, but nothing like many here are saying.

gallagher

Juniors
Hayne has no case to answer . Nothing in it imo.

Comparing Bryce Gibb's incident to his is like chalk and cheese. Gibbs act was pre-meditated and deliberately led in with his knees into the back.
Hayne was trying to avoid Goodwin and collected him with his thigh muscle at a 45 degree angle in an attempt to stop the try.

Pre-meditated, how can you judge that? And I just looked at the replay again , it was a knee to the head. AS much as you parra guys say thigh, wont make it fact.

Butters

Bench
If that was Billy Slater, rest assured majority of people on here would be blowing up! Being Hayne and the fact he playes for Parramatta, he'll get off.....

No such thing as a consistent judiciary.

No doubt about it. As soon as any Melbourne player does anything suspect the media jumps onto it gives it a stupid name and demand the NRL to suspend the player for a month.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Will be charged with a grade 1, free to play in the GF. If I were a Parra fan I'd be more concerned with Matthew Keating's chicken wing- it looked bad.

Latest posts