What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

hellteam

First Grade
Will be charged with a grade 1, free to play in the GF. If I were a Parra fan I'd be more concerned with Matthew Keating's chicken wing- it looked bad.

Someone said a bit earlier in the thread that a Grade One Dropping the Knee charge carries a 200 point penalty (2 weeks). So if this is the case if he gets charged at all he'll miss the grand final.

And unfortunately I think he might get charged.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
ill never acuse it of being deliberate, but its at least careless

can someone defending hayne please tell me what else could of happened? if he was trying to make a tackle he would of gone in with his arms and his chest. going in with the knees is only going to result in the knees to the back or head

He is running across and the Canterbury player dives down. It was too late to try and jump or run through so he tries to slide keeping the legs away. Clumsy but no malice.

TimmyB

Juniors
Not really sure how people are excusing this. Watch the replay. Goodwin has already got the ball down when Hayne slides in.

If he wanted to avoid contact he would have jumped OVER Goodwin. I agree he was definitely trying to stop the try - rather than hurt Goodwin - but the judiciary have made it clear you're not allowed to slide in like that.

natheel

Coach
Will be charged with a grade 1, free to play in the GF. If I were a Parra fan I'd be more concerned with Matthew Keating's chicken wing- it looked bad.

yeh im worried about that, but keating hasnt got carry over points i dont think so i think they will both get off with early guilty pleas or something

Jizmizm

Juniors
its not like they are intentionally going in with the knees, you drop to your knees to get lower and be able to get closer to the person with the football, you cant tackle someone diving in when ur standing up.

just unfortunate imo

Hari Kari

Juniors
We're trying to discuss the game here champ. You're obviously not over the loss yet, go get some fresh air.

Err , no, noob.

This is a thread I created about Jared Haynes impending suspension, game day spoilers are in another section.

Now why don't you act like a good noob and go post in the thread that was created a couple minutes after this one on the same subject.

lockyno1

Post Whore
yeh im worried about that, but keating hasnt got carry over points i dont think so i think they will both get off with early guilty pleas or something

Can see Keating getting a grade 2- 1 week suspension with early plea. Mind you Cam Smith got a grade 1 last year in the finals for ripping Thaiday's head off!

nöyd

Staff member
Hayne's dreams in judiciary's hands

By Samantha Broun AAP Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:31:22

Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne had his NRL grand final hopes thrown into jeopardy just moments into Friday night's 22-12 preliminary final victory over the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.
The Dally M medallist was placed on report and conceded a shot at an eight-point try in the third minute for a dangerous contact charge after flooring Bulldogs opening try scorer Bryson Goodwin.
Hayne's possible suspension would deliver the most devastating of blows to the Eels, whose impressive record of ten wins from their last 11 matches, has been ignited by the fullback's spectacular form.
Hayne came flying across the in-goal, knees first with his feet tucked up behind him, as he desperately tried to stop winger Goodwin from inflicting the psychological blow of getting first points on the scoreboard.
Goodwin was left groggy after feeling the full force of Hayne's knees on the back of his head and laid face down in the turf while Hazem El Masri unsuccessfully attempted the sideline conversion but nailed the penalty from in front.
Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten was knocked out in the first minute by an accidental knee from Eels captain Nathan Cayless, forcing a major reshuffle to the Dogs backline.
Retiring Bulldogs hero El Masri slotted into fullback and set up the Belmore club's first try.
"El Magic" kicked a beautifully weighted grubber to his left wing which Goodwin dived on and grounded with precision timing.
Hayne appeared to be bewildered by referee Tony Archer's decision and was heard, through the match telecast, protesting that he had his feet back.
The Eels hero now faces an anxious wait to learn what grading his impending charge will attract.
Hayne will likely escape suspension if the offence is deemed only a grade one, as he has no carry over points at the judiciary.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...aynes-dreams-in-judiciarys-hands/default.aspx

natheel

Coach
Not really sure how people are excusing this. Watch the replay. Goodwin has already got the ball down when Hayne slides in.

If he wanted to avoid contact he would have jumped OVER Goodwin. I agree he was definitely trying to stop the try - rather than hurt Goodwin - but the judiciary have made it clear you're not allowed to slide in like that.

how can hayne jump over goodwin when he is down low and practically sitting down??? im not saying what he did was ok but hayne couldnt really pull out at all, he initially led with his knees but then turned and conected with goodwin with his thigh

lockyno1

Post Whore
Knew I was right- grade 1 is less than a week, and that is what the NRL will charge him with. Saves their backside

Loudstrat

Coach
Hey i signed up just to weigh in on this. He MUST be suspended. If Bryce Gibbs gets suspended this incident was no different. Obviously the refs and video refs thought he led in with the knees, hence the 8 point try. So Merrit - suspended. Gibbs - suspended. Hayne - must be suspended. If not it is obvious the NRL is grooming him as next years poster boy, and will make a joke of a competition. Cam Smith missed it and so should Hayne. Dog act.

Smith ripped the head off Thaiday in a semi final - no guarantee he was going to miss a GF. Besides, Smith was intentional.

Gibbs came behind after the try was scored and banged into Burts knees. Totally different.

I hope your 2nd post has some common sense,

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Err , no, noob.

This is a thread I created about Jared Haynes impending suspension, game day spoilers are in another section.

Now why don't you act like a good noob and go post in the thread that was created a couple minutes after this one on the same subject.

You may have started the topic, but you've been taking shots with anyone that doesn't agree with you. Stop acting childish.

gallagher

Juniors
Smith ripped the head off Thaiday in a semi final - no guarantee he was going to miss a GF. Besides, Smith was intentional.

Gibbs came behind after the try was scored and banged into Burts knees. Totally different.

I hope your 2nd post has some common sense,

Banged into his knees? Is that why he was clutching at his lower back? He's not a diver is he?

Glenn

First Grade
Nothing in it.

He gets suspended its a joke.

He didn't even hit him with his knee...it was his thigh...

Whats more of a joke was the penalty against the "chicken wing"

Someone sticks their arm out to fend...moving forward...and a player trying to grab him...and he falls on his arm he's trying to fend with...and he get's the penalty.

I don't give a rat's arse if he was injured..it shouldn't have been a penalty. Was just football..just a knee-jerk reaction to an injury.

Whats more the Bulldogs are laying around the ruck, not even attempting to roll away from the ruck at all. Absolute rubbish tactic.

Really wish...someone would trample Ennis. Little grub. I'd love to see him run over.

Dogs probably would get a penalty out of it, but would have been good to see.

TimmyB

Juniors
how can hayne jump over goodwin when he is down low and practically sitting down??? im not saying what he did was ok but hayne couldnt really pull out at all, he initially led with his knees but then turned and conected with goodwin with his thigh
He shouldn't have gone in low like that. You're not allowed do it. It's no different to what Billy Slater was doing earlier in the season.

8435_155542004154_601194154_3764579_4058946_n.jpg

What knee?, Pretty sure by that image It was his thigh due to him CHANGING DIRECTION!!!

Latest posts