What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Footy-Fan

Juniors
8435_155542004154_601194154_3764579_4058946_n.jpg

What knee?, Pretty sure by that image It was his thigh due to him CHANGING DIRECTION!!!

Thank you. Thread closed?

Ulysseus

Bench
Will be charged with a grade 1, free to play in the GF. If I were a Parra fan I'd be more concerned with Matthew Keating's chicken wing- it looked bad.

lol, Agreed, but the delusional here keep saying it wasn't a chicken wing.
f**king geniuss.

shiznit

Coach
there will be no suspensions... im pretty sure of that...

haynes got nothing to answer for... the fact it was an 8 point try is a disgrace.

what the f**k is he supposed to do??

he can lead with his legs... then a stray foot could cause damage...

he could tuck his legs up to prevent it... then his knees are exposed and can cause damage...

as someone said... he could lead with his upper body... but what happens if he makes contact with his head with his arm, shoulder or elbow... it will still be a penalty and a possible charge.

hell if he dived forward like some of you idiots have suggested he could potentially headbutt the bloke.

seriously... what the hell was he supposed to do?? when you have momentum like that theres always going to be contact.

he just needs to minimize the damage by doing his best... which im pretty comfortable he did by tucking his legs up.

accidents happen... i feel sorry for gibbes copping a suspension for his one on burt... but the only thing worse than making one sh*thouse call is doing it again.

as for the chicken wing... please... what the hell was the parra bloke supposed to do.... let his arm go and let the bloke make a break. are they not allowed to make contact with the head and arms now...

Hari Kari

Juniors
You may have started the topic, but you've been taking shots with anyone that doesn't agree with you. Stop acting childish.

No, noob.

I took a shot at you because you responded to a comment by calling it stupid rather than politely disagreeing and one moron who claimed Gibbs was intentional.

Now go play with yourself or something, seems you can give but not take you thin skinned piece of sh*t.

Ulysseus

Bench
8435_155542004154_601194154_3764579_4058946_n.jpg

What knee?, Pretty sure by that image It was his thigh due to him CHANGING DIRECTION!!!

Side of the knee is still the knee mate.
Can hurt like hell, the knee that is, when it cops a knock to the side, but it is still hard object at 3 of the 4 available angles, from behind it's a bit useless.

Footy-Fan

Juniors
there will be no suspensions... im pretty sure of that...

haynes got nothing to answer for... the fact it was an 8 point try is a disgrace.

what the f**k is he supposed to do??

he could tuck his legs up to prevent it... then his knees are exposed and can cause damage...

as someone said... he could lead with his upper body... but what happens if he makes contact with his head with his arm, shoulder or elbow... it will still be a penalty and a possible charge.

hell if he dived forward like some of you idiots have suggested he could potentially headbutt the bloke.

seriously... what the hell was he supposed to do?? when you have momentum like that theres always going to be contact.

he just needs to minimize the damage by doing his best... which im pretty comfortable he did by tucking his legs up.

accidents happen... i feel sorry for gibbes copping a suspension for his one on burt... but the only thing worse than making one sh*thouse call is doing it again.

as for the chicken wing... please... what the hell was the parra bloke supposed to do.... let his arm go and let the bloke make a break. are they not allowed to make contact with the head and arms now...

I cant make a call on the chicken wing, I only caught a glimpse from the replay & didn't look to good, but everything else is spot on.

lockyno1

Post Whore
lol, Agreed, but the delusional here keep saying it wasn't a chicken wing.
f**king geniuss.

It just depends on the Nrl's genius "definition" of a chicken wing. It looked bad. The only thing saving Keating is the fact Hannant returned to the field. But the incident was bad. As a neutral fan I'd be more happy to see Keating go than Hayne. Hayne's is as soft as butter but will get a grade 1. Keating's despite what Parra fans might say was much more avoidable!

bartman

Immortal
To be honest I think Hayne will be charged.

711349-jarryd-hayne.jpg

But I don't think Keating will.

Last edited:

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Side of the knee is still the knee mate.
Can hurt like hell, the knee that is, when it cops a knock to the side, but it is still hard object at 3 of the 4 available angles, from behind it's a bit useless.

It looks more lower thigh to me, but regardless, this to me shows he was trying to pull out.

One important on difference between Gibbs and Hayne.

Gibbs got Burt pretty much under the posts with not much to gain other than dislodging the ball, which was pretty unlikely.

Hayne came screaming across in cover, in an attempt to get the player over the sidlein, and was done at a far greater speed than Gibbs go.

Not saying he should'nt have been penalised under the rules, but that is a massive difference between Gibbs and Hayne.

lockyno1

Post Whore

That is a disgrace then. It should be the other way around. Keating is damn lucky Hannant does not have a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder!

Ulysseus

Bench

he can aim his legs at the ball, that is all.
If he throws the leg in before he has hold of the player then it is tripping, irregardless of whether that player falls or not,which is straight to the showers and have a few weeks.
To slide in legs first was knocked on the head when Slater tried it last year, you remember when he nailed Stewart with his boot studs?\
Its a dog act.
As I said before and I will say it again, you have arms, shoulders and a torso, you are entitled to throw then at anywhere on the opposing players body so long as it is below the neckline.
If you lead with the legs without first having hold of the player, meaning you have not led with the legs, then you are flaunting the rules.

Now, which would you prefer?

aspiring

Juniors
Smith ripped the head off Thaiday in a semi final - no guarantee he was going to miss a GF. Besides, Smith was intentional.

Gibbs came behind after the try was scored and banged into Burts knees. Totally different.

I hope your 2nd post has some common sense,

I am sorry but just because he "tucked" his feet behind, doesnt mean anything. Its just bending the rules. "Hey i didnt lead with my feet". Its a dog act. Why even bother? Players know that you cannot do that. Gibbs was the same thing. Whether it was from the front or back the knees were in. Also Haynes was also after the try was scored.

711349-jarryd-hayne.jpg

As i said, just because he tucked his feet away does not mean squat. Its just bending the rules, and no matter what anyone says he went in with the knees. What was he trying to do? What could sliding in with the knees out possibly do?

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

Yep that's what I think.

Hayne led with the knees when he had no hope of actually achieving anything imo.

The chicken wing was nothing, Hannant fell wierdly. Its the prowler all over again, a crock of sh*te which will in all likelyhood be blown up by idiot media.

slippy

Juniors
Man I love how people shoot teams down when they get successful, the negativity on this board amazes me.

No malice, clumsy yes, Hayne will get off.

aspiring

Juniors
Man I love how people shoot teams down when they get successful, the negativity on this board amazes me.

No malice, clumsy yes, Hayne will get off.

No i am sorry but the Judiciary set the standard when Gibbs was suspended. Gibbs was just sloppyness as well.

Latest posts