What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Bazal

Post Whore
Ok then ... you went to oakhill college ... you know all there is to know ....end of story .... the f**kers i knew who intentionally didnt have sex for religious beliefs must have been lying to me

Lol what? Has this drop in at the MCG given you a migraine?

I went to plenty of other Catholic schools as well mate. Like seven if memory serves. It's only relevant in the same way your mates who are Catholic are relevant. I have seen, first hand, many more devout Catholics who f**k around than who don't.

Or is my experience not relevant because it disagrees with yours? In which case, how do you ever expect you'll get a satisfactory answer?

Bazal

Post Whore
:thinking: I also went to oakhill. Finished in 99, you? There was a small group of God squadders that loved Hillsong in my year.

I was there two years later. I finished high school in 2003, but I didn't finish at Oakhill (we moved in 02) but many of the guys there I also went to primary with in the mid 90s.

I'd say about half my grade were/are in the Hillsong squad

Snoochies

First Grade
Which bit of the bible actually tells us not to go rooting before marriage? I know the bit about being obliged to commit adultery and blaming it on the devil, but where does the bible say that two unmarried people can't give each other a good seeing to? I'll bet it doesn't even say that in Leviticus.

I'll give my own Chritian perspective.

fornication

1. sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.
Throughout the Bible beleivers were told to abstain from fornication. You also need to go back to Gods original design for sex and marriage "a man will leave his mother and father and be united to his wife" etc. Pretty common passage passed throughout the ages since Jewish times to where from what I understand, there'd be a bunch of people outside the bedroom on the wedding night to make sure the bride had stayed a virgin. Obviously alot of the OT laws have passed and were written for a specific time for a specific people but I'm not convinced myself Gods plan for 1 man and 1 woman has changed from a Biblical perspective. The fact that Jesus, Paul and the Apostles upheld this belief, I believe it still carries today.
For me and my wife, well nope we weren't virgins but both came to faith in our early 20's, we abstained not out of obligation or rules put on us but because of our own faith that we chose to follow.
For Christians nowadays, I doubt many will hold out til marriage and we're getting married much later now.
My wife and I have no qualms about what we did and it doesnt bother us whatever othet Christians decide to do or not do, we have to make our own choice.
Sorry, bit of a long rant. Probably didn't answer anything either.

I'll give my own Chritian perspective.

fornication

1. sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.
Throughout the Bible beleivers were told to abstain from fornication. You also need to go back to Gods original design for sex and marriage "a man will leave his mother and father and be united to his wife" etc. Pretty common passage passed throughout the ages since Jewish times to where from what I understand, there'd be a bunch of people outside the bedroom on the wedding night to make sure the bride had stayed a virgin. Obviously alot of the OT laws have passed and were written for a specific time for a specific people but I'm not convinced myself Gods plan for 1 man and 1 woman has changed from a Biblical perspective. The fact that Jesus, Paul and the Apostles upheld this belief, I believe it still carries today.
For me and my wife, well nope we weren't virgins but both came to faith in our early 20's, we abstained not out of obligation or rules put on us but because of our own faith that we chose to follow.
For Christians nowadays, I doubt many will hold out til marriage and we're getting married much later now.
My wife and I have no qualms about what we did and it doesnt bother us whatever othet Christians decide to do or not do, we have to make our own choice.
Sorry, bit of a long rant. Probably didn't answer anything either.

That's all fair enough. People are free to believe and act as they see fit.

Though, why you'd want the bride to stay a virgin after the wedding night is a mystery to me :) ? I think you'll find that that the people crowded round the bridal chamber were there to attest to the fact that the wedding was consumated.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
I was there two years later. I finished high school in 2003, but I didn't finish at Oakhill (we moved in 02) but many of the guys there I also went to primary with in the mid 90s.

I'd say about half my grade were/are in the Hillsong squad
You’re only a couple of years below me Baz, I finished at Oakhill in 01. This is an online Oakhill reunion. On the count of 3:

1, 2, 3 - Glory be to.....

Bazal

Post Whore
You’re only a couple of years below me Baz, I finished at Oakhill in 01. This is an online Oakhill reunion. On the count of 3:

1, 2, 3 - Glory be to.....

Tbh the Marist Brothers indoctrinated all previous school songs out of my head...Thankfully it didn't take molestation to do it, Brother Mark the alcoholic just shouted us jugs of bourbon at El Rancho's and sang with us...

Happy MEel

First Grade
Tbh the Marist Brothers indoctrinated all previous school songs out of my head...Thankfully it didn't take molestation to do it, Brother Mark the alcoholic just shouted us jugs of bourbon at El Rancho's and sang with us...
The merkin never shouted us anything.
2808EEFC-D929-41A8-8FF5-024792D45EE9.jpeg

Happy MEel

First Grade
Nah this was AlcoBro Mark in Canberra, after we moved from Sydney/Oakhill.

He was a crack up. Used to come into class reeking of bourbon, whack a movie on, and fall asleep.
Ah...fair enough.

It wasn’t this movie by any chance?
1329595B-69AE-438A-9830-A8CBEFA3C2BB.jpeg
You won’t see any more disappointment in a high school student’s eyes than when the teacher says “we’re watching The Mask” and this shit comes on.