What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is getting served right now.
061511-Bet-Star-Cinema-bust-a-move-you-got-served.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/former-...-23-billion-stadium-deal-20180111-h0gvn9.html

Costly defence

Jarryd Hayne is adamant he will fight the rape allegations levelled at him in a civil lawsuit lodged just before Christmas in the US — but it is going to cost him a truckload if it heads to court.

Hayne has engaged high-profile trial lawyer Mark Baute, who successfully defended NBA star Derrick Rose, who had to answer rape claims in a federal civil case in 2016.

We're told by sources in the US that Baute charges $US15,000 a day ($19,000). No, that's not a typo.

Hayne has "vehemently" denied claims by a 25-year-old woman known only as "Ms V" that he raped her in December 2015 when Hayne was playing for the San Francisco 49ers.

Gronk

Staff member
Omg I have earned $4m over the last few years. How will I ever afford to spend 5% of that on lawyers.

Zzzzz

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think $15k per day would be per trial day or day of preparation or whatever.

Sadly, having had to use lawyers in the past, this is not the case - we were charged for 18 months' worth of fees when my dad passed away.

Could have been worse - took them 2 and a half years to sort it all out...