What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Here's a google news search of articles in the past 24 hours re Hayne - please point to any articles not linked/posted above which you feel I should have, to provide "balance"?

hayne.JPG

Happy to post the Daily Mail one if you insist - although there's not much in the reader comments there giving Jarryd any "balance" either...

Incorrect

Coach
stopped reading there

you know what I was referring to, but carry on
I doubt you really did Stop reading my post there but alas....

You need to elaborate on who you believe should be providing balanced input in to this thread. Do you really expect someone with an axe to grind against the convicted sex offender (let's not lose sight of that throughout this) to post positive character reference tidbits about Hayne?? I don't see anyone demanding Gronk post equal amounts of positive or newsworthy tweets, articles etc in reference to News Ltd or any of his other usual targets...

Surely it's not one rule/expectation for some and a different one for others?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt you really did Stop reading my post there but alas....

You need to elaborate on who you believe should be providing balanced input in to this thread. Do you really expect someone with an axe to grind against the convicted sex offender (let's not lose sight of that throughout this) to post positive character reference tidbits about Hayne?? I don't see anyone demanding Gronk post equal amounts of positive or newsworthy tweets, articles etc in reference to News Ltd or any of his other usual targets...

Surely it's not one rule/expectation for some and a different one for others?

You're confusing rules/expectations with posting an opinion, we don't tell people what to post. I can, however, post an opinion, but we've already been through this.

And I did stop reading there till I posted but then I did go back and read it, just found your initial comment hard to believe that you didn't understand.

Incorrect

Coach
You're confusing rules/expectations with posting an opinion, we don't tell people what to post. I can, however, post an opinion, but we've already been through this.
Right... So if phantom just posts his opinion that Hayne is a deviate sex offender and he's heard that he could get his bail revoked before the scheduled sentencing date, he'll get hauled over the coals for not providing a source.

But then he sources multiple unflattering articles about Hayne and gets hauled over the coals for being unbalanced...

Gotcha.

I don't consider it being hauled over the coals. Twizzle is a moderator/admin, but he's clearly posting an opinion or comment rather than telling me I'm breaching any guidelines etc.

However his opinion/comment has proved to be misguided, because as you correctly pointed out there aren't any articles today since I posted that are putting forward an alternate view on convicted Hayne.

And we've both encouraged Twizzle to post anything he thinks would provide the balance his comment seems to suggest he thinks is missing... but he has chosen not to do so. So to most it would seem like a bit of an own goal, but as Twizzle said everyone's free to post as they please?

Gronk

Staff member
Well for any man who thinks that the concept of consent is blurred, grey or perhaps can’t be withdrawn after a certain point - they will obtain perfect clarity on the topic in prison.

JokerEel

Coach
Right... So if phantom just posts his opinion that Hayne is a deviate sex offender and he's heard that he could get his bail revoked before the scheduled sentencing date, he'll get hauled over the coals for not providing a source.

But then he sources multiple unflattering articles about Hayne and gets hauled over the coals for being unbalanced...

Gotcha.

I don't think that's the Gotcha you think...

And cuffed (again).

1681471887987.png

On Friday, Justice Richard Button said Hayne faced “unusual” circumstances but his situation fell well short of being “special or exceptional”, which he is required to prove for bail to be granted.

He said it had been accepted by both parties that Hayne’s incarceration was “inevitable”.

“The presumption of innocence has been overcome,” Button said. “For all purposes within the criminal justice system, it is established that Mr Hayne is a person who committed two extremely grave sexual offences.”

Button revoked Hayne’s bail and told him to wait in the dock with the court sheriffs until Corrective Services staff could collect him. Hayne hugged his wife and several other crying people before he was taken away.

Latest posts