What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

CALLS FOR HAYNE TO BE REMOVED FROM HONOUR ROLL​

This column first raised the potential stripping of Jarryd Hayne’s two Dally M Medals (which he won in 2009 and 2014) after he was originally convicted in 2021 of two counts of sexual assault and sentenced to five years and nine months in jail. He was later released following a successful appeal.

Hayne was again found guilty on Tuesday of two counts of sexual intercourse without consent following a third trial. He will be sentenced in May. While the NRL says it will wait until the legal process is complete before it acts, there is a strong view from powerful figures in the game that he should be removed from the honour roll.

The only sympathy that anyone should be expressing in the Hayne case is for the victim. The emotional responses from Hayne outside court and reports of his wife’s tears don’t compare to what the young woman has been through.

There appears to be no end in sight to the already four-year case. His legal team has already flagged an appeal, but that can’t happen until after he is sentenced. It would be incredibly rare for the Director of Public Prosecutions to push for a fourth trial – but not unheard of. Lin family killer Robert Xie had four trials.

Prosecution appealing judge's decision to grant Hayne pre-sentence release on bail - must think they've got a reasonable chance to end Jarryd's month of unlikely freedom?

This hearing set down for this Friday in the NSW Supreme Court, while convicted Hayne's District Court sentencing is due on Monday 8 May.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What's he supposed to do - post an article saying the public prosecutor aren't trying to get his bail revoked?? I don't think such an article exists for balanace's sake....

he's free to post what ever he likes, much the same as I am free to comment on it

Incorrect

Coach
he's free to post what ever he likes, much the same as I am free to comment on it
OK. I sensed criticism/lament in your post because of a lack of balance. I just don't know how many articles you expect to see that are going to counter opine or report positively about a convicted sex offender. If you find one though, make sure you post it to provide some balance...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I just don't know how many articles you expect to see that are going to counter opine or report positively about a convicted sex offender.

Not what I was referring to.

Some articles provide support to the lady, and some to Hayne. There are actually a few blokey blokes (past footy players) providing support to Hayne, or at least doubting his guilt, but you wont find any of them above.

Understand now ?

OK. I sensed criticism/lament in your post because of a lack of balance. I just don't know how many articles you expect to see that are going to counter opine or report positively about a convicted sex offender. If you find one though, make sure you post it to provide some balance...
Indeed. Everyone's free to post what ever they like, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Some articles provide support to the lady, and some to Hayne. There are actually a few blokey blokes (past footy players) providing support to Hayne, or at least doubting his guilt, but you wont find any of them above.

Understand now ?
As mentioned by Incorrect and myself, feel free to post them if you find them and you're so inclined... for "balance".

I can't say I've seen any this morning where past footballers are supporting Hayne... but the actual news of the day (rather than opinions) was that the DPP are appealing his current bail freedoms and that is being heard in the Supreme Court tomorrow (as per the links above).

Incorrect

Coach

Understand now ?
Not really. If you're that worried about the
lack of balance in this thread, post links to those articles you speak of. Or if you can't be bothered, you can always just stay out of the thread and don't complain about the lack of balance. Or is it up to phantom to post all articles to balance everything out?

Latest posts