What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

4 years without breaching a single bail condition some retentive judge sees the need to lock him up. Ffs, welcome to Nazi Germany.

I think in those circumstances, pending an appeal, he ( or anyone else) should be at liberty.

He shouldn’t even be sentenced if he’s appealing the finding. That doesn’t make any sense…unless he’s dangerous beyond the charge.

It’s not his fault the government won’t put the resources into the judiciary to speed these processes up.

He’s a bit of a pervert, sure, an entitled muppetty dickhead, yeah, stupid cretin, fine but he’s not a risk out on bail exercising his legal rights.

Third world justice system.

And we lecture other countries…

Last edited:
He shouldn’t even be sentenced if he’s appealing the finding. That doesn’t make any sense…unless he’s dangerous beyond the charge.
But you know that's not how the justice system works. Hayne's been found guilty of the crimes (described by the judge as "extremely grave sexual offences") by a jury of his peers - twice.

Now he must do the time and appeal from within jail - otherwise everyone would just say "I'm appealing" and take a year or more to get around to doing so with no guarantees their appeal will even be legal or sane. Hayne is no longer innocent until proven guilty (again, the judge's words) so simply shouldn't be larging it for four weks until his sentencing hearing.

He’s a bit of a pervert, sure, an entitled muppetty dickhead, yeah, stupid cretin, fine but he’s not a risk out on bail exercising his legal rights.
As per the links and judge's comments - it's not about risk. He's been convicted and his lawyers had to prove special circumstances for why he wasn't taken to jail directly after the jury's verdict.

Hayne's SC was savvy enough to buy him a bit of time (Easter weekend) from the previous judge, but this Supreme Court judge realised there's actually no special circumstances that don't apply to every crinimal heading for a significant sentence.

But you know that's not how the justice system works. Hayne's been found guilty of the crimes (described by the judge as "extremely grave sexual offences") by a jury of his peers - twice.

Now he must do the time and appeal from within jail - otherwise everyone would just say "I'm appealing" and take a year or more to get around to doing so with no guarantees their appeal will even be legal or sane. Hayne is no longer innocent until proven guilty (again, the judge's words) so simply shouldn't be larging it for four weks until his sentencing hearing.

With respect:-

No, I said that if he wasn’t dangerous, if he appeals, he should be at liberty.

I think the law should allow that benefit.

Now he sits in prison for months at our expense because the CCA has too many cases.

So the government needs to throw in more resources to clear the long delays. It’s not haynes fault.

No person who isn’t acutely dangerous should be in prison pending an appeal, because his legal rights aren’t exhausted. If anything, his troubled path with juries is an even better reason to consider bail.

For balance and forgive the awkward expression, but On the material I’m aware of, pending further consideration of matters I’m not aware of, ostensibly, I’d classify Junior Amone as extremely dangerous. He’s out on bail….

Jarryd is not a danger to the community, he’s proven that for many years, he has obeyed all bail conditions, I think he deserves his liberty pending process.

Despite his unsavoury personal attributes.

And I find His Honours remarks Ill-considered and potentially biased.

Judges should stick to law, look what happened to that first judge. Carried away and couldn’t help herself. Even the CCA agreed she muffed it.

Jarryd is about as dangerous to the people of NSW as a rotting 18th century shoe horn, buried somewhere under Trafalgar Square.

It’s a legal abomination and undermines respect and faith in our judiciary.

I hope the UN and Amnesty have a close look at it.

Last edited:
With respect - I acknowledge your opinion, but I disagree. Judges have to rule on one side or the other about adversarial legal arguments to do with matters like bail within the justice system we (and many other western countries) have. To simply do their job - such as in the case of this legal ruling re the lack of a special circumstance for granting Hayne bail - is neither ill-considered or potentially biased.

Hayne's been convicted of these crimes (twice), the Supreme Court judge has (rightly stuck to law and) ruled that Hayne needs to now (continue) his original sentence that only ceased because his expensive legal team was able to land a small technicality to result in a third trial. And delays to lodge an appeal is often in the hands of the appealant and their team putting together the case to do so, as they are granted a certain amount of time for that purpose before actually lodging an appeal (and before it can be scheduled).

The District Court judge gets to make a ruling on 8 May about the length of sentence - original, longer or I guess perhaps shorter - but that judge has been quite clear (even when erroneously granting bail) that Hayne would be serving time, so the prospect of shorter than original sentence doesn't seem likely? And for the sake of prediction, I don't think Hayne's team will end up lodging a (legally valid) appeal....

MKCS

Juniors
The jersey will likely be worth more to some collectors now, like Polanski merch.

You reckon? I dunno man, I'm a big pro wrestling guy and I have a Chris Benoit autograph (Murdered his wife and son then himself) but I'm pretty uncomfortable having it. I probably would have tried to sell it on but it's in a program that has many other famous deceased wrestlers in it so I'm kind of stuck with it but it gives me an odd feeling when I see it.

Hayne isn't a murderer but sexual assault charges definitely make most people uncomfortable, realistically no normal person could chuck up a Hayne signed jersey in the living room without a "Didn't he rape a woman a few years back?" question.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've got some cool shit I keep in my safe. Only a massive wanker would put it on display. I assume there are people who would do the same with their Hayne/Vatuvei/Field (Craig) memorabilia. There are women who send love letters to serial killers ffs. Don't discount the fascination factor. The fact is we are all here in this thread right now giving a f**k about him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Right... So if phantom just posts his opinion that Hayne is a deviate sex offender and he's heard that he could get his bail revoked before the scheduled sentencing date, he'll get hauled over the coals for not providing a source.

But then he sources multiple unflattering articles about Hayne and gets hauled over the coals for being unbalanced...

Gotcha.

Sounds like you got analed while off balance

hindy111

Post Whore
I've got some cool shit I keep in my safe. Only a massive wanker would put it on display. I assume there are people who would do the same with their Hayne/Vatuvei/Field (Craig) memorabilia. There are women who send love letters to serial killers ffs. Don't discount the fascination factor. The fact is we are all here in this thread right now giving a f**k about him.

You have a safe? You must be a powerfull millionaire.

Latest posts